Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Trek Phoenix

• 15-09-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Came across this today...
    Set 40 years after Star Trek: Nemesis, this new fan film focuses on the adventures of the crew of the USS Phoenix (NCX-101138 ). The ‘Ascension Class ship is a massive 1,400 meters long and uses a hybrid of Romulan and Federation design, with a crew of more than 10,000. The pilot episode "Cloak & Dagger" takes place one year into the maiden voyage of the ship which has a mission of exploration and diplomacy....
    http://www.stphoenix.com/

The episode is on the internet, in the usual places. It... doesn't look half bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

the_syco wrote: »
    Came across this today...

http://www.stphoenix.com/

The episode is on the internet, in the usual places. It... doesn't look half bad.

Ah for God sake, a crew of 10k on a ship roughly double the size of a Galaxy class? Sounds like something I'd write :o:pac: And the lads thought the Defiant had tight quarters...

I suppose their maiden voyage was to search for the missing Spock...

(Not getting at you OP, just the lack of imiagination in the films description :))

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ah for God sake, a crew of 10k on a ship roughly double the size of a Galaxy class? Sounds like something I'd write :o:pac: And the lads thought the Defiant had tight quarters...

(Not getting at you OP, just the lack of imiagination in the films description :))

It was probably the Romulans that secretly designed it. Good way to get rid of half of star fleet. Make a few dozen Ascensions class ships, crew them up and then blow them out of the sky.

Hail Shinzon

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

and make them look ****ty too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

It's an Intrepid class ship on steroids with a little bit of Stargate Universe thrown in for good measure. Who says there are no original ideas any more? :rolleyes:

Any chance of this getting the green light for production? Or will we see a new show based on the timeline of the TOS-Reboot universe?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I hope note: imagine how bad the clip-on ears would look :D
    I take it you haven't seen it, as you mention nothing about the acting :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I take it you haven't seen it, as you mention nothing about the acting :P

I havn't seen it, the epilogue told me all I needed to know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Some of the effects shots were excellent, some were terrible. The tranporter room looked fake, bit of aliasing going on as well, or pixel distortion, I dunno, but the edges of things in the scenes look distorted/low quality. The acting was bad, not abysmal but pretty bad and the dialogue was a bit cliched and sh1t. Some of the exchanges just descended into back and forth soundbites. The tree monsters were a bad idea, they just look like people in badly made tree costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Is it worth a watch? I looked through the character list...nothing inspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Intro is rubbish, effects are awful.

The characters are stock characters. I could write a better dialogue.

The CMO wtf was that, a 'British' accent? Stop trying to be like McCoy/Doctor with your dry sarcastic wit. And he knows the Captain from the Academy!

Ohhh a Captain that brushes with Admirals, how original.

The CoS that brushes with the soldiers? Reed and MACOs all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

FOUND ANOTHER ONE.

Yes. This one is called "Star Trek: Odyssey", and it's a "web-series"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Odyssey

Season one has 5 episodes, and season two has 3 that I know of.

It's a web series, so I'm posting the first part of the 1st episode.

EPIC SPACE BATTLE looks nice at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

FOUND ANOTHER ONE.

Yes. This one is called "Star Trek: Odyssey", and it's a "web-series"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Odyssey

Season one has 5 episodes, and season two has 3 that I know of.

It's a web series, so I'm posting the first part of the 1st episode.

EPIC SPACE BATTLE looks nice at the start.

They also have had Star Trek: Hidden Frontier running for years

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

The bad guys look like Braveheart Celts.

I could never have the patience for fan films.
    Each to his own.

Advertisement