Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Meant to say, a few weeks ago, a cherry picker arrived next door. I said to bloke on it, "er, is everything alright?", he said the Corporation asked him to check the roofs (sp) of boarded up houses (quite a few here). This sounds a bit far-fetched to me - the Corporation appear to be broke and it is difficult to get anything repaired, never mind checking new roofs.

Should I ask in Conspiracy Theories instead? :p

No replies. I seeee.

(I KNEW it!!)

Getting paranoid now. Maybe it's ME they're watching! :eek:

/checks pockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Episode 3

You will need to double click the video, this brings you to the full video on the channel4 on demand youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Very long arm of the law: Driver stopped twice by same PC... 12,000 miles apart

It was a case of parallel lives when policeman Andy Flitton booked a speeding driver in New Zealand.
    Two years earlier, Constable Flitton had stopped the same motorist – 12,000 miles away in England.
    The two men had both emigrated and their paths had crossed once again.

Constable Flitton said that as he wrote out the ticket on a road near Christchurch, the driver asked if he had worked in London and then if he had operated a laser gun on the A5.
    'I thought it was you,’ said the man, who has not been named. ‘You gave me my last speeding ticket there two years ago.'
    Constable Flitton said he could only laugh when the man he had booked recognised him as the officer who had ticketed him in Britain two years earlier.
    The driver, who produced British and South African licences, told Constable Flitton that he had just emigrated from England, where he had lived for 12 years.
    It was while he was writing out the speeding ticket in his car that Constable Flitton saw the driver, who has not been identified, approaching him with a smile.

Constable Flitton had been an officer with the Metropolitan Police for 26 years before emigrating to the south island of New Zealand.
    'At first, I hadn't recognised him, but the minute he said it I remembered the whole thing. We both just had a laugh,' the police officer told the New Zealand Herald.
    The driver told the policeman that he had been in New Zealand for less than two weeks and was still looking for somewhere to live.
    The policeman and the motorist discussed the odds of meeting each other again the same way.
    'We must have some sort of connection,' said Constable Flitton.
    'He only ever broke the law twice and both times I was the one to give him a ticket.
    'It cost him £60 over there and $120 (£58) over here, so it wasn't cheap.
    'It just shows what a small world it really is.'

Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

LFB Turnout alarm,sounds like the start of a 90's dance tune!:D

One from the silly season
    Drink driver caught in Box Hill

Monday, 27 December 2010 00:53

Members of the Nunawading Highway Patrol intercepted a driver with a blood alcohol reading of .278.

Police said they were stationary in Whitehorse Road Box Hill about 8.25pm last night when a car drove past.

Police attention was drawn to the vehicle as the driver was tooting his horn and waving at police.

The 30-year-old male driver was pulled over and breath tested.

The man had his licence withdrawn immediately and will face court at a later date in relation to the matter.

When ask why he was driving like that the man told police he was unaware he was driving a car.

I shouldnt ask should I??
    26990_114459191914842_100000522855034_164524_7731763_n.jpg

29138_394029157421_551932421_3987580_8141038_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

its a game called extreme facedown u lie down lik above poses and take pics, also i know the location of the top one haha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

da__flash wrote: »
    its a game called extreme facedown u lie down lik above poses and take pics, also i know the location of the top one haha...

And theres the one where you stick your head in a freezer

I suppose the one where you stick your head in the sand is the favourite in the dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

And theres the one where you stick your head in a freezer

i would like to state at this point i am in neither of these pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

da__flash wrote: »
    i would like to state at this point i am in neither of these pictures.
    For a minute there, I thought you were the new Stig!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Posted this on another topic, suited better in here me thinks. Any funny captions??

180457_194935330521002_100000136084690_798953_5247993_n.jpg

'Thats my Euro!'

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"I'll arrest ya when I get me cap back on!"

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭999nobody

Jaysus, which one of you f%^$kers let off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Posted this on another topic, suited better in here me thinks. Any funny captions??

Lads, ye forgot to set the child lock, the student has fallen out again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,643 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

After hearing the phrase "You have to crawl before you walk" in Templemore, one student misunderstands the metaphor.

• Advertisement

After initial testing New Hiatt handcuffs deemed too heavy for operational use.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Oh sh1t, I hope someone doesnt take a photo and stick it up on boards for comments and which one of ye bastards died my shoe laces together

Oh sh1t, I hope someone doesnt take a photo and stick it up on boards for comments and which one of ye bastards farted? *more oxygen at ground level....
    FYP

Base calling Deadwood.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,643 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

..or Pighead.
    Esel wrote: »
    Base calling Deadwood.

psni wrote: »
    ..or Pighead.
    So Pig is Dead? :eek:

No, I refuse to believe it! Their humour was... well, different.

Base calling Deadwood. Come in, Deadwood.

[ Repeat ad nauseam at pre-agreed intervals, until end of shift. ]

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Zambia wrote: »
    I suppose the one where you stick your head in the sand is the favourite in the dail.

Sticking their heads up their arses more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

In fairness...:D
    Gardaí to be probed over Corrib rape jibe claims

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-to-be-probed-over-corrib-rape-jibe-claims-500158.html

Advertisement