Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Night Stand

Comments

• Can we refuse to pay tv licenses on the grounds that RTE make ****e tv shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Phew, it's over. I can start to live again.

Ah, there's Toto. Kind of appropriate that it is a show made by a dog. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

this is deliberate dumbing down of the nation by rte!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Devia wrote: »
    Ah Jennifer is a roide though

this was a fcukin car crash of a show. i caught the last 5 or 6 minutes. seriously. askin lads who they wanted to go out with, and then asking the girls who they wanted to go out with to see if they matched. wtf. they should mash this shyte into fade street. have the 2 things going on in different parts of the same room and over and done with in 10 minutes, leaving more time for fr ted repeats. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Best thing about that show was the end titles!

At least there's a good ep of Father Ted on now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    And people are complaining about the Irish Take Me out?? :eek::eek:

Awful awful ****e!!

Take me out is hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

yeah to be fair to TV3, Take Me Out is very LCD, but its funny and entertaining... I saw a few minutes of this, where the girls were giving chat up lines, and it was awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

no way would i watch this, it could only have been rubbish. anyone that goes on a show like this are wastes of space IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its just a really bad format for a show.

The lads eliminate half the girls based on their looks alone (the little dances and party tricks are irrelevant). Overweight? Gone. Bad skin? Gone. Ginger? Gone.

Then they have 3-1 meetings where the lads decide which girls to keep based on an awful chatup line. Another half are eliminated. After a meal with the 6 girls, they pick their favourite 3, and make a big drama about who is paired with who (even though its obvious that they're all going to be paired off).

It's just really ill-conceived. After watching this (and Fade Street) for the first and last time, I despair for the RTÉ creative department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Mr E wrote: »
    I despair for the RTÉ creative department.

they havent got one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I despair for the RTÉ creative department.

I suppose they could always copy and a bad ITV format (save them looking for a bad Irish format). I don't know what I was expecting, its a dating show, surprising how still Faisean Paisean works in comparision to these dating shows, bring back wanderlust?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Shane10 wrote: »
    they havent got one.

heheheh you said it mate

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kearney007

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Terrible show - the last bit was woeful they where obviously going to pick the girl they had dinner with!

of course we were going to pick someone we went to dinner with, that was the point pick a girl from the final 6.

In my opinion it was a good show, plenty of laughs. somethings were bit off as u will find in every tv programme. not every episode is the same, for example next week its reversed and the girls are in the position of the boys this week. so Its completly wrong to call the show sexist. Its a good show, done by a group of great people. And in respose for the haters of Jenifer, ya dont no the girl, so ur opinions wudnt matter in the slightest. she is a really nice sexy person and really funny. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

Kearney007 wrote: »
    In my opinion it was a good show, plenty of laughs. somethings were bit off as u will find in every tv programme. not every episode is the same, for example next week its reversed and the girls are in the position of the boys this week. so Its completly wrong to call the show sexist. Its a good show, done by a group of great people. And in respose for the haters of Jenifer, ya dont no the girl, so ur opinions wudnt matter in the slightest. she is a really nice sexy person and really funny. :D:D

:rolleyes:
    You're either a troll or a member of Maguire's family.:P

:rolleyes:
    You're either a troll or a member of Maguire's family.:P
    im neither mate. im one the lads from it and im proud of it, i met some great people and i had a great time. Live life no regrets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Blondiebear

TINY EXPLOSIONS-You offically were on take me out then!!!!!If u look at the 2 shows you can see that One night stand is far more crediable camera angles,lighting etc..................

im neither mate. im one the lads from it and im proud of it, i met some great people and i had a great time. Live life no regrets!

Fair enough glad you had a good time doing it, but just because you were on the show it still doesn't make it funny or entertaining to the rest of the population.

Fair enough glad you had a good time doing it, but just because you were on the show it still doesn't make it funny or entertaining to the rest of the population.

yeah i get ur point, and u have right to ur opinion. im just stating my views

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Blondiebear

Ok every ones getting carried away.Romantic Irelands is dead and gone we have nothing but cinics everyone is so quick to knock somthing down.It was a bit of craic people get a sense of Humour.Its better then over tanned chavs pressing a light on/off.The lads were fun the girls were fun Jennifer done a great job and it was nicely shot.So people get over and start having some fun most of you need a good seeing to thats the problem it might loosed y'all up a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

She really should cover up those legs.. she could do with a good feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ok every ones getting carried away.Romantic Irelands is dead and gone we have nothing but cinics everyone is so quick to knock somthing down.It was a bit of craic people get a sense of Humour.Its better then over tanned chavs pressing a light on/off.The lads were fun the girls were fun Jennifer done a great job and it was nicely shot.So people get over and start having some fun most of you need a good seeing to thats the problem it might loosed y'all up a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have it Sky+ed.
    Which one were you? :)

I still have it Sky+ed.
    Which one were you? :)

I suspect she was the blonde that looked like a bear from behind.:D

And in respose for the haters of Jenifer, ya dont no the girl, so ur opinions wudnt matter in the slightest. she is a really nice sexy person and really funny. :D:D

Some of the above may be true....but what is also true is that Jennifer Maguire is no TV presenter.

She is An Apprentice reject.

I also have to question your taste in women. JM, sexy???? I don't think so. Unless you find cold fish sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It was worth it for the classic line:

"I think there is a mutual attraction there, yea. Well, there is from my end anyway"

Going to college are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RossNolan

I was on the show in the Mullingar episode, which is next week I believe.

It was an interesting experience. The other lads were good craic and Jennifer Maguire is pretty likable in person.

Yeah it obviously isn't the greatest show in the world, but it is fun in a cheesey way and I'd urge people to give it go.

RossNolan wrote: »
    I was on the show in the Mullingar episode, which is next week I believe.

Oh Ross, what have you let yourself in for.. :)

RossNolan wrote: »
    Yeah it obviously isn't the greatest show in the world,

Well then why inflict it on RTE's viewers?

Why don't RTE put something decent on instead?

I'll look out for you next week Ross ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

TINY EXPLOSIONS-You offically were on take me out then!!!!!If u look at the 2 shows you can see that One night stand is far more crediable camera angles,lighting etc..................
    One night stand far more credible than Take me out???:pac::pac::pac:

Take me out is a harmless but mildly entertaining program that works imo. One night stand on the other hand is just shyte. I dont understand how rte give the go ahead to shows as bad as this. Although shouldn't be surprised, they're churning out more bad shows now than they ever did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jonas7 wrote: »
    One night stand far more credible than Take me out???:pac::pac::pac:.

Blondiebear wasn't suggesting the format was any better or worse than Take Me Out which suffers from its venue.

Advertisement