Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

pma1983, what was your merit listing if you don't mind me askin (roughly of course) and are you from C16???? this is exciting news!! congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 marymulr

pma1983 wrote: »
    I'm in!!! Absolutely shaking. I can't believe it!!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Congrats PMA1983, well done. You must be thrilled silly !!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Congrats pma. I'm so jealous I've turned green.

But that's good news for the rest of us, as it moved us all up for future intakes. Every cloud eh :D

cant believe calls are going out!!I feel nervous!! PMA are you RC or NRC? sorry to be nosey. Just trying to get an idea of my chances!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Congrats pma! Very jealous as I'm 370-380 (RC) so it might be a little bit more of a wait for me. Everything's cleared though so you never know!

So much for the recruitment freeze eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wanball

Iv just had the call :):) From c16, NRC, merit 80-100

congrats!! please let them come down a bit further!! they are getting very close to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mouser1

hey well done guys congrats!!!!! this is awesome that the recruitment freeze aint affecting us.... what were we worrying about last month hahaha. please can someone PM the appointment phone number, need to update my telephone number with them also to ask if my vettin cleared yet, is that the way to go about these things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Great news PMA , I had a feeling you would get good news with your vetting having passed. Remember your hearing worries ?

Nothing like calls going out to get things rocking !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

I think at this stage im pretty to close to 'rocking' as it is Delancey :pac:

- tv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spartagus

delancey42 wrote: »
    Great news PMA , I had a feeling you would get good news with your vetting having passed. Remember your hearing worries ?

So it is true that people further down the merit list will get in before people further up just if their Vetting got done quicker?

Just when you think you're in with a chance by getting a high merit listing - I find out this. All about luck at the end of the day then.

spartagus wrote: »
    So it is true that people further down the merit list will get in before people further up just if their Vetting got done quicker?

Just when you think you're in with a chance by getting a high merit listing - I find out this. All about luck at the end of the day then.

Your place is held for you pending vetting.

Are all the calls likely to go out in one day?? wonder how many they are taking in!!

spartagus wrote: »

Yeah , at this point the key is to have passed medical and crucially , Vetting. I have a very high merit score but with vetting '' Ongoing '' no chance of the phone ringing today.

Usually calls go out over 2 days but it's worth remembering that some people never get a call - they just come home and find a big envelope waiting for them - hang in there !

I reckon it would be the usual intake of 50 - 60 , thats a guess.

my nerves are wrecked!! cant concentrate on anything today and just keep looking at my phone!! haha this intake must be starting very close to Christmas!!

Mod Note - Congratulations to those who have got or will get a call today or tomorrow. In your joy and exhuberance please take care however not to post dates or timeframes.

Just got the call people!! actually missed it and they left a message to phone back!!
    Cant believe it!!
    See some of you very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

wish i had your xmas shopping list to do!!!
    i'll not get the the call, just been informed, vetting is ongoing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ItShouldBeMe

JP84 wrote: »
    Just got the call people!! actually missed it and they left a message to phone back!!
    Cant believe it!!
    See some of you very soon!

Congrats JP!! Bet that has put a smile on your face! I told you that you were in a good position!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Congrats to both of you very jealous I rang today vetting is ongoing :( lolol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

B182 wrote: »
    Congrats to both of you very jealous I rang today vetting is ongoing :( lolol

hahaha, tell me about it, bet the powers to be are raging with this site, every time the process moves forwards, the info hits these boards, then their phones light up...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

Congrats to all getting the call, see you soon!!

All my squad are good people and we'll all give you advice when you get here.

PS. I'm just glad the info i gave you all this week was 100% correct as i kept checking in to see if the calls had went out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lucas21

I have just been offered a place, 350 to 450 on the merit list RC,

I rang today to check if my vetting and medical had passed, she said they had and that she would ring back and she offered me the place 2 minutes ago!

cannot believe it

lucas21 wrote: »
    I have just been offered a place, 350 to 450 on the merit list RC,

I rang today to check if my vetting and medical had passed, she said they had and that she would ring back and she offered me the place 2 minutes ago!

cannot believe it

Nice one!!

This is positive news - I'm RC 360-380 and I'm sitting here unable to do anything but concentrate on the phone! GRRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lucas21

you might be better off ringing, the woman i spoke to said that she recognised my name but couldnt speak to me there and then!

Obviously its down to how quickly your vetting and medical clears, my vetting was sent off in may and my medical was finished soon after,

its not really fair on the people with really high merit scores who are waiting for vetting!

Agreed, it's unfair that people with lower merit scores jump the queue so to speak, but it's every man for himself at this stage!

Vetting and medical both passed, I'll sit tight and wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

I'm in!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

me too!!!!
    good luck!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ItShouldBeMe

notbrazil wrote: »
    Agreed, it's unfair that people with lower merit scores jump the queue so to speak, but it's every man for himself at this stage!

Vetting and medical both passed, I'll sit tight and wait.

I agree entirely... my merit listing is 170-180 but my vetting hasnt cleared yet for some reason! While i may not like the way the recruitment process unfolds, we all applied for the job and would all jump at the chance if the call comes our way! Who am i to judge who should gt the call ahead of me haha sit back and relax knowing that we could be receiving a call in the next while!

Advertisement