Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Generations on hold til after Xmas.

• 24-09-2010 4:05pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hasbro UK started shipping Wave 2, Megatron and Darkmount today.

The bad news however is that they've confirmed there will be no more Generations toys offered this side of Xmas.

This probably means the following wont be released by Hasbro UK

Wave 3: Red Alert and Soundwave
    Wave 4: Blurr and Dirge.

Depending on how soon it releases, it's possible that Wave 5 may also not make the cut here.

I *think* Wave 5 is Thunderwing, WFC Cliffjumper and Skullgrin, but it may be Turbo Tracks and Special Ops Jazz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Daaaaaam! :(

At least we'll get Darkmount...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I'm not sure if Drift is in Wave 2.

...just for the benefit of anyone who might have been putting it off.

But generally, i think it's going to be slim pickings until next summer at which point there'll probably be a repeat of summer last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

there's a big thread over on moonbase2 bitching about hasbro uk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah crap.

i was kinda hoping to get my hands on a thunderwing as the pictures dont look the best so far and wanted to see the thing in the plastic.

its fecking cyclonus all over again.

Anything after Wave 1 is an urban myth even in the US.

If Hasbro want to ensure proper distribution of Generations toys, unfortunately they're going to have to start shipping them in the same line as movie toys.

No media tie in = poor retailer support.

ah crap.

i was kinda hoping to get my hands on a thunderwing as the pictures dont look the best so far and wanted to see the thing in the plastic.

Were you going to pay 13 or even 15 for it?

Or wait for it to hit a tenner?

...and Cyclonus was actually released by Hasbro UK.

It wasn't exactly difficult to buy online for anyone who made half an effort.

• Advertisement

Thunderwing, CJ and Skullgrin confirmed as the next Generations Wave, shipping November.

That is if you live in a territory where they're shipping.

tracks and jazz are confirmed as part of hftd wave five.

between that and hasbro uk news i think we can conclude generations is being shoehorned into hftd.

new preorders on bbts btw.

It's probably better of that the generatiions stuff isgetting put into the movie line. More chance of it appearing on shelves I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just started collecting these Generation line of figures purely on nostalgia value. Just got Bumblebee today, took me like an hour to transform him into a car, and thats WITH a youtube video helping me along :PHave the wife who works in town, going into smyths every other day to see if they have the second wave of figures :p Oh she spoils me:D

Just started collecting these Generation line of figures purely on nostalgia value. Just got Bumblebee today, took me like an hour to transform him into a car, and thats WITH a youtube video helping me along :PHave the wife who works in town, going into smyths every other day to see if they have the second wave of figures :p Oh she spoils me:D

It was spotted in a TRU...

...so distribution on Wave 2 may not be that bad.

Someone is also claiming that Wave 3 and 4 do exist in multi-lingual packaging.

That doesn't necessarily mean they'll pass through Hasbro UKs hand though... there's an outside chance they could just get dumped in Asia.

Have the wife who works in town, going into smyths every other day to see if they have the second wave of figures :p Oh she spoils me:D

She sounds like a keeper :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Why are Hasbro UK so awful at everything. It makes sense to ship the generations before Christmas. Argh I hate their faces so much.

Tell me about it. They dont seem to realise that us big kids other halfs (well not me... some of us have them!) would buy them for us as presents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I hate it because a lot of the

But yet they don't have answers for things like "What else are you going to put on the pegs". This means no new Transformers for 3 months. I hate when they just try to shift old crap for Christmas, it makes me feel bad for the kids. Sure a lot of them will have seen stuff during the year they wanted and didn't/couldn't get for their birthday but a lot of them will just be bored.

Sandvich wrote: »
    I hate when they just try to shift old crap for Christmas, it makes me feel bad for the kids. Sure a lot of them will have seen stuff during the year they wanted and didn't/couldn't get for their birthday but a lot of them will just be bored.

...or they're starved of new toys to the point that they're just happy to get something. A relatively small percentage of people who buy TFs sourced from Hasbro UK are in a position to play completionist, or near completionist, and TFs were one of the best selling boys toys in the UK, and i'm assuming Ireland, last year.

Hasbro UK are doing much patting of their own backs these days.

And conflicting info on the future of the line.

A good source said they personally saw their 'plans' and nothing beyond Wave 2 was on the sheet.

Another apparently reliable source claimed that Wave 3 and 4 do exist on 12 lanauge cards, and a further source stated both waves are due in a month.

That would probably be Wave 4 with toys held over from Wave 3, meaning the possiblity of Blurr, Dirge, Red Alert and Soundwave, but the last two being short packed.

Wave 6 is confirmed as Scourge and Kup, with CJ and Thunderwing carried over (no Skullgrin) Whether or not they're offered here.

Previews also made solicitations for a Wave containing Wreck Gar, G2 Prime, Perceptor and a repaint of Classics BB quite similar to the black-striped one in the three pack a few years back.

That listing simply said Transformers. So those four might be shoehorned into another subline.

G2 Prime eh?

Galvasean wrote: »
    G2 Prime eh?

If they called it Laser Rod Prime they might have to spring for electronics.

Hasbro UK have confirmed: No more generations this side of Xmas.

In fact it's apparent there'll be no more anything this side of Xmas.

Don't know why, but for some reason i'm actually finding this amusing.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Hasbro UK have confirmed: No more generations this side of Xmas.

In fact it's apparent there'll be no more anything this side of Xmas.

Don't know why, but for some reason i'm actually finding this amusing.

Strange, you think they would be pumping out new toys near the end of October to have them sell like hot cakes during the weeks before christmas. Unless they have **** loads of the older stock and they are hoping to get rid of them during Xmas

Since ROTF deluxes are only a fiver now they must have WAY too much stock.

• Advertisement

FP *might* have Wave 3 at some point in the future. It was spotted in other branches.
    Strange, you think they would be pumping out new toys near the end of October to have them sell like hot cakes during the weeks before christmas. Unless they have **** loads of the older stock and they are hoping to get rid of them during Xmas

Apparently HFTD isn't doing that well, Powercore Combiners are not doing well at all, and... Stealth Force IS selling well.(?)... maybe they're pinning everything on next summer.
    Since ROTF deluxes are only a fiver now they must have WAY too much stock.

Mispriced it seems. Site still says 12.99. I think they probably ordered them in fairly low quantities, and that they'll start to dry up towards the end of the year.

W/Regard to next year, the only thing that was mentioned specifically was Reveal the shield in 'Spring' the first wave does contain (Turbo) Tracks and (Special Ops) Jazz... who are effectively Generations toys.

Whatever the most recent, or last, Generations wave is at the time *might*pass through their hands... that would be Wave 5, CJ, Thunderwing and Skullgrin, or it might be wave 6, Scourge and Wreck Gar.

Aside from that, RTS wave 2 (Wreck Gar, G2 Prime, Perceptor) is due for a US release in Jan.

So before RTS even starts here, we're already behind, and then Hasbro UK/Europe are likely to ditch what they're behind on so they can launch TF3 product at the same time as the US... only to fall behind again.

Same old story basically: Slim pickings at retail.

Even though hes an awkward remould, i really do like the look of Skullgrin

Looks like there's gonna be a 'Classic Outback'

reveal-the-

Trailcutter? A man :(
    285771480_5010994503116_pkg_10.jpg

Looks like there's gonna be a 'Classic Outback'

You mean RTS Fallback? Decent mold if you can get over the hefty amounts of kibble.

]

They lost the rights to "Trailbreaker" years ago. Apparently the reason the repaint of Alt Hound ended up being Swindle.

Hasbro reps, at Botcon i think, said they wanted to do a DX Trail..cutter, but there's the implication that it may be a(nnother) retool of Perceptor.

Perceptor and Reflector as the same mold is one thing... Perceptor, Reflector and Trailbreaker as the same mold,

...and i thought you were all fired up for Thunderwing? :confused:

wernstrom! wrote: »
    You mean RTS Fallback?

Yep. Thats the one (pic doesnt seem to be working)
    wernstrom! wrote:
    ...and i thought you were all fired up for Thunderwing? :confused:

I am indeed. A childhood fave of mine. I see he's also being redone into BlackShadow

Edit: Seems United Tracks will have the correct flame details.

I guess there's an outside chance Hasbro will use that head for something else instead.

There also a remolded head for the Wreck-Gar mold... more of a generic Junkion warrior. All that known about it's release so far is that Takara are throwing it in an E-Hobby set with Kup and a re-release of Roddy.

Why does it look...terrible? :rolleyes: It looks like the transformers i used to play with when i was about 6

Why does it look...terrible? :rolleyes: It looks like the transformers i used to play with when i was about 6

Well it is one of the very small (easy to transform for little kids) varieties.
    A bigger more complex version would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So whats the latest on the generations stuff cos if its not going to come out over here i can get one of me mates to send over from the US

• Advertisement

So whats the latest on the generations stuff cos if its not going to come out over here i can get one of me mates to send over from the US

Set your mate to work.

Advertisement