Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most annoying TV soap charactor ever

• 26-10-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭

It has to be Alfie Moon, he makes my blood boil, with that stupid long leather coat. And the head is dyed and botoxed off him too. Plonker.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...on_bbc203b.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

MJ23 wrote: »
    It has to be Alfie Moon, he makes my blood boil, with that stupid long leather coat. And the head is dyed and botoxed off him too. Plonker.
    +1. I hate all those 'cheeky chappie' type characters. You are not, and never will be Del Boy, okay!?

My vote would be for Dev from Coronation Street, God he is insufferable! (AND a terrible actor!) Cheek of him badmouthing David, saying he hopes he gets sent to prison, ten minutes after HE was WRONGLY ACCUSED of battering his child. So everyone else is guilty until proven innocent except you, Dev? Short memory, eh? Every scene with him in is just awful. He just shouts and acts smarmy with these awful facial expressions that make him look constipated. He acts like Mr. Holier than Thou, but aren't you the one who cheated on your wife and fathered about 56 secret children? Hope he gets squashed by a tram in the not-too-distant future. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mary off Corrie. She drives me mad! Ashley and "Clur", bleurgh. And Viv on Emmerdale. All characters on Eastenders are annoying so I don't watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I got sick of Peggy Mitchell.

All she ever said was "GET OUTTA MA PUB", "You're a Mitchell" and "We're fAAAAAAmily"

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

For me it's a tie between Janine in Eastenders and Tracey in Corrie. Also most ridiculous charactors ever ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sarah from Fair City

Den Watts from Eastenders

Katie from Emmerdale

Kevin and Sally, Rosie, Gail, Dev, Molly from Corrie

Nicole, Charlie, Ruby, Leah from H&A

Steph from Neighbours

Mercedes from Hollyoaks

I am sure I have lots more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Alfie moon has to be one of the worst creations in soap. To top it off he is played by a terrible actor. I dread to think what he is going to be like when
    the baby swap/death storyline kicks off in January

Billy Mitchell is another useless lump of a character. No redeeming features whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Sean from corrie... my good God all thie guy does is gossip and crack stupid jokes. A really bad stereotype for gay people IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Ken Barlow from Corrie - no contest! And surely I dont need to give the reasons - they speak for themselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Lyn from Neighbours - Muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That black guy in Eastenders that speaks like he's a rapper or something.. Feel like throwing the telly out the window ever time I see him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

That black guy in Eastenders that speaks like he's a rapper or something.. Feel like throwing the telly out the window ever time I see him..

Oh yeah Fat Boy.. how annoying is he!

+1 for Billy Mitchell, Eastenders, totally pointless character, the sooner they get rid of him the better. Never seen such a self pitying, cowardly character as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rosiestar

it has to be Chastity in Emmerdale for me, God her high pitched voice drives me nuts every time she opens her mouth!:eek: worst character ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I must have a very low tolerance threshold:o. I find myself wholeheartedly agreeing with all of the above. I have to particularly agree with the Dev comment and the Peggy Mitchell one. Over the years she's nearly given me numerous brain haemhorrages with frustration:mad:. Remember when she was treating Mark Fowler abominably when she found about him having the Aids...silly interfering old bat:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Alfie Moon needs a speech therapist. Reeeeeally annoys me the way he doesn't finish words and just leaves his mouth hanging open. Kat is gross as well - the badly applied lipstick is just ludicrous. chavs with 'earts of gold :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Janine, Tracey Barlow and rrrRosie are all atrocious too...John Stape and that fool woman who fancies him need to be done away with.

I cant understand at all how Dev has a job? wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Alfie Moon needs a speech therapist. Reeeeeally annoys me the way he doesn't finish words and just leaves his mouth hanging open. QUOTE]

He does do something irritating with his mouth, I don't know if I can explain what I mean in words...it's like he inflates his cheeks slightly whenever he pronounces 'p's, strangely David Platt does the same thing. It soo annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Nearly forgot Ciaran in corrie. Cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Jar Jar Binks "Fatboy" from Eastenders, idiot. Also, Carol Branning....OMFG she is so depressing. She is constantly arguing/complaining/giving out. If I was a producer on Eastenders I'd get the effects department to apply a dark rain cloud over her head for every scene she is in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I agree with most of the above but draw the line at Carol Branning - she is an absolutely amazing actress! She has played the recent scenes brilliantly. Remember - Eastenders is about true life in the East end of London - there's not really a great deal to smile about there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Shazanne wrote: »
    I agree with most of the above but draw the line at Carol Branning - she is an absolutely amazing actress! She has played the recent scenes brilliantly. Remember - Eastenders is about true life in the East end of London - there's not really a great deal to smile about there!

Lol! You mean Phil becoming a crack head in the space of a week and then coming of it in the space of another week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Janine Butcher. Her voice is very irritating and her character isn't any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Shazanne wrote: »

I never said the actress sucks, for the record I think she's doing a great job. It's the character Carol who grinds my gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MisterMom

Nick in Corrie. And which actor? ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Why do they always get the worst actors in the world to play Nick :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Strongly disliked Beckys sister Kylie in Corrie, so glad she is gone now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dev = Corronation Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

MJ23 wrote: »

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...on_bbc203b.jpg

Yeah, used to like alfie when he was first in eastenders but really bugging me now! Was he always like that? Or was I just oblivious to it before?

Dev in Corrie is sooo irritating!! Fat Boy and Lauren in Eastenders grate on me as did that girl Becky that lived with the Slaters-thank gos she is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Seanie101

1) Sean Tully :mad:
    2) Michelle O'Connor :(
    3) Alfie Moon :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Seanie101 wrote: »
    1) Sean Tully :mad:
    2) Michelle Connor :(
    3) Alfie Moon :mad:

fyp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Jack Branning in Eastenders who spends every episode breathing REALLY heavily through his nose, like a Rhino (he's quite pleasing on the eye though;)).

The long red-haired taxi man in Corrie - who's characters name escapes me now - but I can only think of him in the Full Monty in his red leather jock strap, no matter how many times I see him...

Every character in Fair City (which I love btw) because they're just all such bad actors..except for Paul and Niamh..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Seanie101

chucken1 wrote: »
    fyp :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭pooch90

Fittle wrote: »
    The long red-haired taxi man in Corrie - who's characters name escapes me now - but I can only think of him in the Full Monty in his red leather jock strap, no matter how many times I see him...

Eddie Windass.

Personally I HATE the new Lauren in Eastenders. Pathetic.
    Also can't stand the new Declan in Neighbours.
    Maybe I just don't like change but I think they just swapped half decent actors with whoever was hanging around set.

Advertisement