Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut in Cork City

• 26-07-2010 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Pabiniez

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to get a good, decent haircut in Cork City? I'm really sick and tired of getting crap haircuts from unskilled barbers.

If you could recommend any place or anyone in particular that would be great.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hi and Welcome to Boards.ie !

I'm moving this to our Cork City forum to get better help :)

[Mod Edit : Moved from FAQ/Newbies]

• Musa's in the english market. Very good barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Musa's in the english market. Very good barbers.

Agreed. And nice coffee too.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Agreed. And nice coffee too.:pac:

Any idea what kind of prices they charge or the hours they tend to be open-late on a Thurs/Fri for example?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

bladez barbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Bazzers for me, the young lad in there is pretty good imo. He's fixed me up more than a few times.

You say you've had some previous bad experiences in Cork? anywhere in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

bladez barbers

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

Musa's in the english market. Very good barbers.

Would be interested to know what price they charge. Not too pushed about the coffee.

• Johnnyjump wrote: »
    Would be interested to know what price they charge. Not too pushed about the coffee.

€20 for haircut,€25 for a shave. Been a while since I've had a shave in there so it could be a different price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stripe3

Warning!!

Do not go to the barbers in Wilton shopping centre. 20 euro for a dry cut and some of the staff are miserable out. Only conversation was asking me if I was working that day...only reason for this was so i wouldn't try and get student price :)

Think the manager cut my hair and all he did was grunt and looked like the last thing he wanted to be doing was cutting my hair. Was actually nearly going to walk out in the middle of it it was so bad.

Anyways, if you don't believe me...pay the 20 and learn that way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

stripe3 wrote: »
    Warning!!

Do not go to the barbers in Wilton shopping centre. 20 euro for a dry cut and some of the staff are miserable out. Only conversation was asking me if I was working that day...only reason for this was so i wouldn't try and get student price :)

Think the manager cut my hair and all he did was grunt and looked like the last thing he wanted to be doing was cutting my hair. Was actually nearly going to walk out in the middle of it it was so bad.

Anyways, if you don't believe me...pay the 20 and learn that way :)

Were you there for a haircut or a chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stripe3

ha, i actually not fond of the whole are u going on any holidays chit chat :) just thought he was quiet ignorant and unfriendlily especially when i givin him 20 euro for a 10 minute hair cut!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭J2D2

There's a great barbers on Winthrop street, it's €12 for a dry cut and €15 with a shave (To the best of my recollection) Nice staff and a good haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

to follow on from this zombie thread:

I went into Musa in the english market today and I have to say the haircut is outstanding. I got a beard trim too and he charged me 15 euro.

Advertisement