Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alter Bridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Hahaha, just visited the bands site there.. got the face blown off me by the intro :pac: these guys dont sound half bad :)

Theyre playin England in mid October.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

****ing tune! Totally stoked for this now! :D

Another song, Words Darker Than Their Wings, can now be downloaded from the Roadrunnerrecords website.

It's the song which Tremonti sings on and it's already growing on me. It's a bit more radio friendly than Isolation but damn that chorus is ****ing great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Navy1

Fantastic band. Heavy Rock at it's best. Intelligent songwriting and Tremonti is very underrated as a lead guitarist.
    The title track to "Blackbird" is an epic song. I'd put it on a par with Whitesnake's "Still Of The Night", which may not be to eveybody's taste, but is a song that stood the test of time, as will this entire album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Sooo..the albums finally leaked!

I must admit, I was not a huge fan of Blackbird, the first album yes, 2nd not so much...upon first listen to AB 3 i'm impressed..well...to at least 7 or 8 of the 14 songs....

Some epic tunes on it.....then some somewhat boring repitition...

Overall 7/10 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Chrisi

HBK, I was the same when I heard the album for the first/second time but I'm finding the more I'm listening to it the more I like certain songs I didn't at the start. Slip to the void is amazing, as is isolation-lyrics and listening wise. Listen to it a few times you might start to like a few other songs :D

Hellooo all Alter bridge fans! :D Anyone from Ireland heading over to London on the 23rd of this month for the Hammersmith gig? Cannot express in words how f*cking excited I am, Saw Myles with Slash in Vicar street, felt a little let down after that (nobodys fault might I add!) So I'm hoping Myles is gonna belt out a few amazing tunes in London :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The songs i didnt like off the new album are growing on me the more i listen. Just turn it up loud and sit back and get blown away. As good as the last 2 albums with some monstrous riffs. Have my copy ordered so hopefully first thing monday i can throw it into a stereo

Slowly becoming my favourite album, Myles's voice is just unreal as always and as for Tremonti... wooden jesus your right the riffs my god he just never fails to amaze me...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Damn you Chrisi! I'm in London on the 23rd and was thinking of checking this out. They're in London on the 22nd, Southhampton on the 23rd. Oh well :(

• Advertisement

Agreed guys.

Slip the void is epic, as is Isolation, the riff on Still remains is Awesome! :)

Ghost of days gone by is fairly uplifting for such a dark album, great for turning up loud when driving, classic american rock tune I must say!

Wonderful life sounds like its missing off a Bon Jovi record though :P

I must agree wonderful life is kinda cheesy but I love it! Its like the "in loving memory" of this album. Cheesy enough like, but Myles voice makes it that little bit cooler :P

I'm also really really liking Coeur D’Alene, very catchy.

Wonderful life is like in loving memory part2. Listen to them one after the other.
    Its awesome that theres no filler songs on the album its just such a complete album

Wonderful life is like in loving memory part2. Listen to them one after the other.
    Its awesome that theres no filler songs on the album its just such a complete album

I would'nt go that far now.
    All hope is gone/Make it right spring to mind as filler.

Overall though, a very good album :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Awesome band.......great tunes and savage musicians. Saw them at the 'Rock Im Park' a couple of years back-killer :) but why no Irish show? That really pisses me off. There is no excuse for bands not to be coming here-similar seized bands in the same or similar genres come here all the time eg 'Airbourne,Black Stone Cherry' etc etc NO EXCUSE :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

baz123 wrote: »
    Awesome band.......great tunes and savage musicians. Saw them at the 'Rock Im Park' a couple of years back-killer :) but why no Irish show? That really pisses me off. There is no excuse for bands not to be coming here-similar seized bands in the same or similar genres come here all the time eg 'Airbourne,Black Stone Cherry' etc etc NO EXCUSE :mad:
    BSC have been here twice. Airbourne have been here too if I recall correctly.

Airbourne played whelans 2 or 3 years ago and are playing again next month. To be fair the amount of UK shows alter bridge are playing its a bit **** they wont come across and play one here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thought I would throw this up, a chance to play any song of your choice onstage with the band during sound check. (over in england tho but worth the travel if you won)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/win_a_chance_to_play_with_alter_bridge.html
    Alternative metal group Alter Bridge, who are about to release their new album on October 11th and are to head out on a UK tour later this month, have announced a truly unique experience that they are offering a few lucky fans who win an online contest.

Alter Bridge are going to be giving five random fans an opportunity not only to attend the concert of their choice, but also to get up on stage and perform with the band at the desired revenue. The winners will each get to choose whether they want to play bass, drums, guitar, or vocals, and will then be able to pick the song they want to perform.

As well as getting a chance to play onstage with some of their heroes, the lucky five who win the draw will also get a copy of the new album, ABIII, and an additional three tickets to invite friends to the show as well.

Those interested in signing up for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity can visit this location where they’ll be able to enter the contest.

And for those who didn’t catch the UK tour dates when they were announced, here they are again:

10/16 - Glasgow O2 Academy
    10/17 - Newcastle O2 Academy
    10/19 - Manchester Academy
    10/20 - Nottingham Rock City
    10/22 - London Hammersmith Apollo
    10/23 - Southampton Guildhall
    10/25 - Birmingham O2 Academy
    10/26 - Bristol Colston Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

if i won that comp i'd definitely ask them to play rock and roll by led zep just so i could hear miles sing it in person... choooon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'm going to be in the minority here, but the album is not blowing me away so far.

It has it's moments, but am finding a lot of it to be a bit dull. Very very well played but dull nonetheless.

Am kinda hoping it turns out to be a grower as I liked the two albums that came before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

AB III is definitely a grower I think. It has a few stand out tracks at first and then with each listen it just gets better. Is it just me or does anyone else think Tremonti's backing vocals come through more prominently on this album? I never noticed his voice as much on the first two albums. Maybe I just need to go back and listen to them again.

It was probably a trade-off, Kennedy got to do more lead work so Tremonti's back up vocals were moved up in the mix. :D

Haha makes sense now. Cause Myles does the solo for Isolation and you can really hear Tremonti's voice on the chorus.

Anybody heading to any of the UK shows? I was trying to get funds together but its just too much.
    I suppose its handy to mention in this thread. Has anybody heard Logans album The Great Unknown. They toured with alter bridge a few times and their new album is savage. If your into alter bridge i seriously recommend checking them out.

Unfortunatley not, I wish I was. Like yourself I can't get the funds together. Bitterly disappointed there's no Irish date. I'm going to punch my teeth out and leaving them under my pillow. Hopefully I'll be able to scrape a plane and concert ticket outta the tooth fairy.

The new album is gonna sound amazing live. Maybe they might play download next summer. Be worth a trip over to see them

Get the funds together peoples!! I'm going to the hammersmith gig this Friday, got a feeling its gonna be a cracker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

Tipping on over tomorrow for the show in the Apollo Hammersmith, taking the whole family over!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Alter Bridge's 4th studio album tentatively set for a September release :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Last of the vocals for the new Alter Bridge album are complete
    http://instagram.com/p/bFK7D7lQDy/

:D

Advertisement