Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 breakingbad

Just a quick question which im sure has been answered before, sorry. Is it possible to leave for a few hours during the evenings on the odd occassion during the 4 week residential?

• Just a quick question which im sure has been answered before, sorry. Is it possible to leave for a few hours during the evenings on the odd occassion during the 4 week residential?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if there is nothing on then you can leave as long as you're back by a certain time. What that certain time is however is something I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

I'm in !

Starter pack arrived today, I'm in France, actually looking forward to getting home!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

if it was a starter pack arriving today then that would suggest the calls have been and gone maybe?

I didn't get "THE CALL", just received starter pack through the post!
    bc84 wrote: »
    if it was a starter pack arriving today then that would suggest the calls have been and gone maybe?

• Advertisement

yeah im sorta thinking that screws the rest of us. maybe they couldnt get in touch with you as you were gallivanting in france and they just slung you your pack out in le poste

No, cause the thing is I was only in France Wed 26th - Sun 30th and pack received Thurs 27th, so it would have been posted out before my departure, Wednesday at the latest.

There are no missed calls on house phone or mobile phone.

yeah im sorta thinking that screws the rest of us. maybe they couldnt get in touch with you as you were gallivanting in france and they just slung you your pack out in le poste

thats encouraging. thanks! :D

To be honest, it's equally as awesome finding the starter pack in your post, i don't mind that i didn't get a phone call. Keep an eye on your post pal - could be you next :D Roll on Oct!
    thats encouraging. thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TOWNBOSS

Fo wrote: »
    To be honest, it's equally as awesome finding the starter pack in your post, i don't mind that i didn't get a phone call. Keep an eye on your post pal - could be you next :D Roll on Oct!

congrats fo. got the call today myself so i know how you are feeling. had given up to be honest. stunned. ecstatic. see you in october!!!!

• Advertisement

TOWNBOSS wrote: »
    congrats fo. got the call today myself so i know how you are feeling. had given up to be honest. stunned. ecstatic. see you in october!!!!
    :D WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonetoosoon

Just thought I had to write on the "I'm in" thread since I am now in!

It has just been sinking in since I got the call a few days ago. I am desperate to receive the pack now so that I can really start getting prepared for the Hotel!

Cannot wait!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 elizabeth2009

I know im so excited as well!!! Cant wait for the induction day too :)

And I never thought the calls would come out so early let alone that it would be me that got one. But now I have November seems like ages away!:P

Are you working at the elizabeth? I am finding it hard to maintain my enthusiasm now I got the call! Have you handed in your notice? Im dreading telling my boss!:o

yeah im working...feel the same as you!!

already handed in my notice....not long to go now!!Im so excited....a bit scared at the same time tho!

I know how you feel. I have just given my notice! My boss was as shocked to hear it as I was shocked to get the call in the first place!

It is all very real now!

Scary, but in a really exciting way.

my boss was completely shocked too! Felt a bit cheeky handing in my notice then saying o by the way i need a day off for my induction!

Absolutely!

Are you working right up until we start? What line of work are you in anyway?

yeah right up until a couple of days before before....had to give a months notice!
    I work in an office at the minute...what about you?

Same. Legal office. I am kind of going from one end of the law to the other!:rolleyes: I hope no one holds it against me!:P

I am working right up until the Friday before. I would have preferred a few days off but did'nt want to leave my boss high and dry so I said I would work it.

• Advertisement

im finishing on the wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

I'd love to be posting in here but only got the 'your on the merit list' letter and no call yet:(

This is my third time applying (I passed everything bar the medical the first two times) and I'm hopefull of being offered a place.

My two previous AC scores were 56 and 57 and from what I've read on here if I get the same again I should get a decent merit score in the early 200's which should be enough for a non RC fingers crossed!

Don't forget to post your first impressions of training so we can all dream about it and keep biting our nails waiting for the 'call' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cm3luc

does your initial aptitude test contribute to your merit score?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

cm3luc wrote: »
    does your initial aptitude test contribute to your merit score?

Yes.
    They use it to place people with the same AC score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

Oh... I wish the forum would heat up a bit... checking on here easily twice a day for some good news, I'm sort of going a bit crazy... The guys in the white coats will be be here to collect me for sure soon..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

Ditto Pathway!
    Maybe they'll be round to pick me up after they collect you. we can share a ride to the Sanitarium together. Not to mention save taxpayers' money at the same time! All we can do is wait. I think its going to be good things on the horizon. We have it all done, and we are in a good position. They are looking to hire and we want to be hired! We shall reap the fruit of our hard work!!! hehe Man I am losing it!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

If ever we get the call, do we do 21 straight weeks in GV? From memory I think that it was mentioned that the first 4 weeks are live-in (home on sat and sun) and that there was a weeks holiday leave built in somewhere. Is this always after week 10. Have trawled the forum but cant find any info..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's a straight 21 week course with no breaks. After the 21 weeks, there's another 10 weeks with some annual leave incorporated into that part of the training. The first 4 weeks are residential, but some people (for example, people from ROI) get to be residential for the entire duration of the course.
    pathway wrote: »
    If ever we get the call, do we do 21 straight weeks in GV? From memory I think that it was mentioned that the first 4 weeks are live-in (home on sat and sun) and that there was a weeks holiday leave built in somewhere. Is this always after week 10. Have trawled the forum but cant find any info..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

I'm in!!! Absolutely shaking. I can't believe it!!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Nice one, big congrats well done!! Did you get a call today? Is it for a Dec intake?
    pma1983 wrote: »
    I'm in!!! Absolutely shaking. I can't believe it!!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Advertisement