Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You're a maniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Santan wrote: »
    now now :D

What? I was there so I know who I'd hold responsible.

If people think the the way Oxygen was designed was bad, you should see the plans the Kavanaghs had for Muldoons, not that there was ever much chance of them coming to fruition.

Edit: I don't know about being republicans one of them is certainly one of the biggest tossers to ever set foot in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Id love to know what bank manager is giving them the cash for it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Seems very ambitious but I hope it works out. If it was done right, it could well be something that attracts people to the city and that can only be a good thing. Wonder what the timeline on it is.

Think theyre aiming for completion by next June/July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

You're a maniac.

Every single person in the house tonight
    lets hear you singing he's a maniac
    he's a maniac, maniac on the floor
    and he's dancin'
    and he's dancin' like he never did before
    right here on the Waterford dance floor
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Every single person in the house tonight
    lets hear you singing he's a maniac
    he's a maniac, maniac on the floor
    and he's dancin'
    and he's dancin' like he never did before
    right here on the Waterford dance floor
    :D

Why would you do such a thing? :(

THATS GONNA BE STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR HOURS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Id love to know what bank manager is giving them the cash for it
    By my calculations, they probably don't need a bank manager to be giving them money! Their club in Maynooth is doing an absolute roaring trade.

AdMMM wrote: »
    By my calculations, they probably don't need a bank manager to be giving them money! Their club in Maynooth is doing an absolute roaring trade.
    Can someone put this to bed. Someone told me that the same crowd that have Rubys took over Masons but someone else just told me that it's a couple that are leasing the premises that are in charge at the moment. I really hope it's the latter as it would shake up the scene in Waterford with 4 different business' competing for business.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'd hope so too,

Be nice for a shake up price wise if anything.

actually now that I think of it, where is it the students go these days I'll be like one of old those farts who used to be leering after the young ones in my College days this Thursday night before me wedding.

Can someone put this to bed. Someone told me that the same crowd that have Rubys took over Masons but someone else just told me that it's a couple that are leasing the premises that are in charge at the moment. I really hope it's the latter as it would shake up the scene in Waterford with 4 different business' competing for business.

The people who are leasing masons are indeed different people to the ones that are taking over rubys. They also run mcsorleys in killarney.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd hope so too,

Be nice for a shake up price wise if anything.

actually now that I think of it, where is it the students go these days I'll be like one of old those farts who used to be leering after the young ones in my College days this Thursday night before me wedding.

Masons, Harveys, revolution and Kazbar are all vying for the student trade. Harveys and masons are getting a big slice of it. Not sure how much is left for the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Masons, Harveys, revolution and Kazbar are all vying for the student trade. Harveys and masons are getting a big slice of it. Not sure how much is left for the other two.

I'd nearly go as far as to say Masons are getting the biggest crowd at the moment.

'Cause think about it, they have a band every night of the week, but also have a DJ playing upstairs on the busier nights, so there's something for everyone.

Combine this with the offers they are doing, which i think are great, for example on tuesdays they charge 5 euro in but then once your in everything is just 2.50, (that includes jagerbombs), so you could get a double and a dash for a fiver,

Btw i'm not trying to advertise just making a point :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Damn why didn't I marry her on Wednesday!!!!! :)

Masons was packed upstairs yesterday. Not so many were down watching the band though. Despite paying €5 to get in, with half price drinks, I still saw about 27 naggins in the toilets. Students eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Oh I wish the new owners of Muldoons would just recreate Fat Sams and play the music that used to grace that place...

^ Showing some dog years there my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

ziedth wrote: »
    ^ Showing some dog years there my friend :)

Not that old...life begins this year apparently ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

gscully wrote: »
    Not that old...life begins this year apparently ;)

So my life up until now has meant nothing!?!:eek:

oh. . . . wait. . . I see what you did there you silly middle aged person you.:pac:

nkay1985 wrote: »
    YES!!!!!

Open it up and I'll frequent there!

I think some people's view of what students want is not entirely correct either and that something like this would appeal to a lot of them. When I was in college in Limerick you had the type of places we currently have which are attracting loads of students but you also had a few alternative spots which were also very popular but with a different type of student. Obviously the fear of opening a venue like you've suggested is that it'd do ok Friday and Saturday night but be dead all week. If done right, it wouldn't have to be.

Ok well I hope you guys really will go for a bar like that.

Cause we're gonna try and open one. In the next few weeks.

Oh,

You broke cover fairly quick :)

can you say where? I'm killed.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine it's Oskars on the Dunmore Road. Flash has that now.

It's not. I don't work with flash.

don't mind me, I'm just trying to figure out who you are, Darren. Unless I'm completely wrong again :p .

Are you behind the Woodman reopening?

It's not. I don't work with flash.

So you work with Apple then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Has Flash taken that over he has? i heard a fella called Sean Johnson had taken it over a few weeks back.

don't mind me, I'm just trying to figure out who you are, Darren. Unless I'm completely wrong again :p .

Are you behind the Woodman reopening?

adam you sexy beast. No...im not behind the woodman reopening but i hope to be involved with a bar that will be like the woodman and the lounge. As opposed to a biker bar :)

^ Twister Vicks then

adam you sexy beast. No...im not behind the woodman reopening but i hope to be involved with a bar that will be like the woodman and the lounge. As opposed to a biker bar :)
    I wish you the best of luck with it :).

I've been a fan of that bar since it was Baker St and long for the day that I can go in there and not have only the bar flies to keep me company.

It'll be weird to be going against Fitzy and the woodman. I obviously have loads of time for him as I worked with him for a good bit. He'll make sure that all the regulars come back and it will be good to see him manage the club again (hopefully). I just hope there's room for us as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Well at least the venue for the next Boards Beers is decided!

How long until opening do you think?

Advertisement