Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie 2-day Foldathon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

zodac wrote: »
    We're doing well lads. 19 active Folders, and 36k, with 3 more updates to go. :D

Now, I'm guessing here but our previous best week was ~300k. That means 42-47k seems like a reasonable estimate of our best haul for a single day. We're gonna smash that today. ;)

Looks like we hit doubled production from ~35k to hit ~70k yesterday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

great_success.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Could be on your way of overtaking 1 or 2 in the ranks by the end of tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Curse you C.D.!! :p I was about to post that pic and make lame jokes about breaking the internets! Again! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Forgot to change PC's power plan last night so instead of nearing completion of my second WU, I am 60% of the way through my first. Rage.

• Advertisement

Ok, halfway points:

[php]rockal 28031
    zodac 18541
    taorg 11589
    Coffee_Ninja 9578
    BeciMester 5931
    aidan_walsh 1897
    IrishTLR 733
    *Shiny 511
    SolitaryScythe 481
    cherryghost 281
    lopesc 251
    Sports-Greatest 0
    Nehaxak 0
    Dr.Poca 0
    Anti` 0
    [/php]

That's a total of 77,824pts so far. cheers.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

I got my ps3 running the folding client!!!:D
    Its folding right now, should be done its first WU around 9 30 tonight.:):)
    Will my name pop up in the Boards.ie team thing then? I've put in the boards team number and username and all of that.

Yeah, it'll show up as soon as you submit your first WU. Have you signed up on the Foldathon signup sheet? Link in the main post. ;)

Yeah I,ve been signed up for a good while but I couldn't get it running.:(
    Now im crossing my fingers it'll work properly:D

What happened to Nex and Anti?! :confused::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Solitaire wrote: »
    What happened to Nex and Anti?! :confused::eek:

And Anti's score is in red too- is is some sort of hint?!

Nah, just php I think... the `after his name is green, as is the * in Shiny's name.

And an even better day yesterday; 76k. wheee.gif

Half hour to go, so get those last WUs in. :)

I'll get the stats around quarter past 5, and will post ASAP. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

C'mon so close to climbing a place in the rankings! Only 40k off :pac:

My WU won't be in until 2am at the earliest! :(

130339.JPG

OK everyone, final stats are in:

[php]rockal 54229
    zodac 36095
    taorg 23139
    Coffee_Ninja 22134
    BeciMester 13941
    aidan_walsh 3352
    IrishTLR 1487
    *Shiny 1022
    laurence997 1004
    lopesc 983
    SolitaryScythe 962
    cherryghost 538
    Sports-Greatest 0
    Nehaxak 0
    Dr.Poca 0
    Anti` 0
    [/php]

That's a total of 158,886pts over 2 days, from 12 Folders. That's ~13k each. :eek:

Congratz to everyone who took part, and keep an eye out for next month's, which I'll post in the last week or so of October. Let's see if we can't improve even more. applaud.gif

That's it for me, no more overnighters :p At least until the next comp...

Yeah, I've gotta go prime like 10 passkeys for OCN now, so SMP is busy. PS3 should still be on for boards though. ;)

• Advertisement

Cool, ninth position ain't so bad when I was only folding for around 20 hours.:)
    PS3 is having a well deserved break:P. Funny thing is it isn't even warm:eek::D

What about the hole it melted through the floor??

:pac:

*Gets up and moves PS3*
    :eek:Its a bloody crater:P:D

That's why my PS3 hasn't moved an inch since I bought it. I don't wanna see what damage it's doing. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

gg

It was indeed. ;)

Will defo be interested in it again. Will notch it up a bit and run some PCs at work too :pac:

Only just pooped out my fourth WU :o:o And HFM doesn't seem to like the fifth! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Am I correct in saying that if you have 12 WUs in total but 6 on GPU and 6 on CPU you won't get bonus points?

• Advertisement

Correct. Also, Unicore WUs won't count; they have to be SMP WUs.

Advertisement