Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Tom Map Corrections

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Correction Type : No right turn
    City: Dublin 1
    Road Name: Samuel Beckett Bridge onto North Wall Quay (going towards The Point)
    Co Ordinates : 53.347596,-6.241232
    Description: No right turn from Samuel Beckett Bridge onto North Wall Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

I see Kildare St is still two way in the latest release ..... even after I changed it on the unit and Koolkid posted the correction here.

Correction Type : Block Street
    City : Dublin 2
    Road Name : Kildare Sreet
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 20.356 W 6 deg 15.384
    Description :Block southbound traffic on all sections of Kildare Street.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks pm. Corrected and reported. AGAIN.

Ah, was just going to post about Kildare Street - the TomTom brought me around Stephen's Green and told me to turn right into it, then to turn right into it again from Dawson Street, I think it was. Would have got totally lost if I didn't have a reasonable knowledge of the local geography.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Please also make the correction on your device & set it to share & accept shared corrections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 skiman

Hi Guys,

A little off topic but Tom Tom related!

A question about the Tom Tom 750 live and compatible phones. I have a Samsung Tocco Lite. I can make and answer calls through the Tom Tom but it doesn't allow acess to the phone book. Yet, an old phone we had lying around a Nokia (Forget model) allows all functionality. I've looked on the Tom Tom website and the list for Samsung phones is quite limited. Is there any way around this. The Nokia is sim free, would that make a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Correction Type : Block TrafficCity: Dublin 1
    Road Name: Luttrellstown Road
    Co Ordinates :N 53.37845 deg, W6.42315 deg
    Description: Block road (as shown in image) in both directions

123426.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Correction Type: Add Roundabout
    City: Delgany, Co. Wicklow
    Road Name: Convent Rd/Riverfield
    Coordinates: N53 deg 08.196, W 6 deg 05.343
    Description: New roundabout linking Convent Road to a new missing road.

Correction Type: Missing Street
    City: Delgany, Co. Wicklow
    Road Name: Convent Rd/Delgany Wood
    Coordinates:
    Point A (start) - N53 deg 08.196, W 6 deg 05.343
    Point B (end) - N53 deg 08.095, W 6 deg 05.262
    Road Type: Other
    Description: New road linking missing roundabout at point A to Delgany Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭phog

Never noticed the thread before ;( great idea and here goes.

In Dublin, coming from Church Street towards the Quays (Limerick as my destination) the SatNav tell me to turn right - yes, right against the flow of traffic, after crossing Fr Matthew Bridge, there is no right turn either to head in the direct of Heuston Station :mad:

Correction Type: Incorrect turn advised
    City: Dublin
    Road Name:Church Street
    Coordinates: Not sure
    Description: Coming from Church Street towards the Quays (Limerick as my destination) the SatNav tell me to turn right - yes, right against the flow of traffic.

What map version are you using?
    Europe v850 shows Arran Quay as one way eastbound.

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote: »
    What map version are you using?
    Europe v850 shows Arran Quay as one way eastbound.

How would I check? The device was bough as a Christmas present last year (Dec '09) so it shouldn't be that out of date.

phog wrote: »
    How would I check? The device was bough as a Christmas present last year (Dec '09) so it shouldn't be that out of date.
    What device have you got?
    It may be on one of the main menu pages under Status & Information.
    On other devices on the route summery screen press where the version is displayed. It waill then display device information & map version.

What device have you got?
    It may be on one of the main menu pages under Status & Information.
    On other devices on the route summery screen press where the version is displayed. It waill then display device information & map version.

Ok, I have a TomTom Start V9.053.

I've checked the map again and it looks like the quays are marked correctly for the flow of traffic but I used this route twice and on both occasions it directed me (on screen and by voice) to turn left at the north side of the liffey but if it meant the otehr side then there's no right turn either from this bridge:confused:

V9.053 is the software. Can you tell me the map version?
    Also the exact start point, exact destination and route type.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

The Portlaoise to borrisinossorry section of the M7 and the Portlaoise to culahill section of the M8 have been open for a while now. Hopefully the will realign the jagged line they have in place of This road in the next update. The Castletown to Nenagh section of the M7 is not to open for months and that is in already fully.

Still having difficulty getting this one passed.
    Still the same on Map Europe 855.2923
    Correction Type : Unblock Road
    City : Dublin 9
    Road Name : Cian Park
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 22.063 W 6 deg 15.286
    Description : Unblock all sections of Cian Park.

This isn't exactly a map correction. A bit of a weird one. I was rushing to an event, panicked because I had left myself only the exact amount of time instead of a comfortable amount. I needed to get to Parnell Square North.

I set the TomTom, and instead of bringing me along the quays, up Jervis Street and right along Parnell Street, as it normally would, and as I'd go if I was in my sound senses, it started diverting through a million little lanes. This was possibly my own fault.

But when it arrived at Capel Street from Little Britain Street, it tried to tell me to turn left (against the one-way flow), then right (also against the one-way flow) up Parnell Street.

I can't quite understand it, because when I marked it as a map error and went to correct it, the flow was shown correctly on the map.

Incidentally, there's another thing you might pass on, if you would be so kind: when you go to the map to make a correction, it often doesn't show the street names, so when it says "Choose approach road", you can't see which road you were actually on.

It sounds like you choose shortest route?
    Can you tell me the exact start point & destination, the devices your usings & the map your using.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Not sure if this has been flagged before. I was driving on the M50 southbound a few days ago (just after the M1 interchange) and noticed that the speed limit as per my TomTom device is 120km/h. The actual speed limit is 100km/h. Not sure if all of the M50 is the same.

AFAIK The M50 speed limit should be changing back to 120 now the works are finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

No, it's staying at 100 for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

AFAIK The M50 speed limit should be changing back to 120 now the works are finished.

New map version has speed limit on M18 - between Barefield and Shannon at 100 . Should be 120 ...

Thank you,
    I will pass on. Please also correct on your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

No, the limit was more like 60kpm during the works.

The limit on large sections of the M50 is 100kph (perhaps all of it I'm not 100% on that), this is due to either reduced visibility on the curved sections or close proximity of junctions in other sections resulting in lots of lane changing.

Although it's motorway the posted signs for the relevant sections is 100kph.

Correction Type : Block Street
    City : Dublin 1
    Road Name: Chancery Street
    Co Ordinates : N53.34654,W6.27247
    Description: Block Chancery Street in both directions from Greek Street to Church Street

Kildare Street is still - after a looooonnnnnng time - showing as being open as a right turn from St Stephen's Green.

I've entered this as blocked, don't know how many times. At this stage I'm giving up on showing it as blocked again, since TomTom pay no attention.

Also, the turn from Lennox Street into South Richmond Street in Rathmines - this is actually physically blocked by bollards for a year or so already, yet the TomTom map tries to direct you through the bollards to turn right into Lennox Street from South Richmond Street (driving out of town), and also to turn right *from* Lennox Street into South Richmond Street.

Again, I've marked this turn as blocked - and assume hundreds of TomTom users have done the same - without the mapmakers paying a blind bit of attention. It seems pointless to mark these errors, since they aren't noted and changed by the company.

Kildare Street one way was corrected on v860.
    Checking v860 there is no right turn allowed.
    I will get report done up for the other error you mentioned and get them addressed.
    Thank you

How can I see which version of the map I have?

What device do you have?

• Advertisement

What device do you have?

Go 520, I think it's called.

Advertisement