Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oops! It is milk round time again

• 30-09-2010 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Don't be surprised if you see a bunch of young people dressing in suit and looking extremely stressed in town. Yes! Opps! Ouch! It is milk round again and I just dropped my cup of milky tea. :p

Is it PWC VS BDO or E&Y VS FGS? Could it be UCD VS DCU or DBS VS DIT? Sweats! Opportunities! Ambitions! Decisions! Tears! Are you ready for the biggest accounting festival of the year? Get your golden ticket, it is show time boys and girls. :cool:

Post your thoughts, experience, excitement and the late news here. Come on! Let’s get cracking because the milk round will only be going for another month. :eek:

Good luck to you all! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Ok, I have no idea what any of that means.
    But thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭scouser82

Before you all apply for Big 4 please be 100% aware that everything that they tell you in the brochures and powerpoint presentations are nothing but LIES. It is NOTHING like what they say in those. NOTHING.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

scouser you clearly had/are having a bad experience with one of the big 4, you've posted your dislike on a few threads!...go on share some stories!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

I agree with Scouser, make sure all new grads really look at the total contract without all the shiney spackley grad brochures, it's not all meetings with interesting clients, making important decisions and feeling that your work is appreciated.

In fact it's none of those things, it's all about doing rec's, checking invoices, testing controls and chasing clients for information they promised to give you yesterday before they went missing for the day.

But I suppose in the end it is an opportunity to get your foot on the ladder and qualify as an accountant and move forward from there.

Best of luck to everyone in the milkrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭futonic

Has anyone received an interview invitation yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 slickricky

hey jus doing my applications now i didnt know we had to choose which area to train in already!! i was thinking forensics and restructuring (which would be under advisory....?) any recommendations from people in the force already?? i dont know too mayn accountants etc so wont have too many professional opinions! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭tomato1234

slickricky wrote: »
    hey jus doing my applications now i didnt know we had to choose which area to train in already!! i was thinking forensics and restructuring (which would be under advisory....?) any recommendations from people in the force already?? i dont know too mayn accountants etc so wont have too many professional opinions! thanks

I am not in the force yet, but i did interviews with a few companies. From my personal opinion, Taxation is the hardest to get in, whereas assurance/audit is the easiest. Advisory is very popular too and you will be more likely to go against with people who has some experience already. However, it is more interesting than audit/assurance. Best luck!

Advertisement