Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

College Airsoft

• 27-09-2010 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Rite folks,

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I feel its Important if we want to keep the sport/hobby growing and going.

Really what I'm looking for is committee members of as many college airsoft soc's just to give out some contact info, in order to organise some social game, intervarsity games and eventually give the DCU(?) Lads a hand organising that little :P trophy of theirs to change hands!!:D

Really appreciate any help.

Glenn
    NCI Airsoft Soc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Well ive gone back to WIT this year to do a masters, if i can get a few guys together i will gladly arrange a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

I'll be starting up an NUI Maynooth Airsoft club in the next coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I spotted an ex-IAA Committee member on TCD campus last week, if he wasnt just passing through thats a start.

That said, we wont get any support from the CSC for two years....

Would love to create DUAS though, if we had the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Player of Games

That said, we wont get any support from the CSC for two years....

I have checked and its 1 year, though I wouldn't count on much support in the following year.

That said if it couldn't survive without support there clearly isn't enough demand for it.

If you can get a half dozen people who are committed to seeing it through for a couple of years, you should have no trouble setting it up and running it, but you have to be prepared to give it everything.

If I hadn't only just left Trinity I would be helping you, alas I just got into airsoft as I left college.

Best of luck to all you trying to set up societies in your respective colleges.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

ITB Airsoft Society Still going strong :)

Up for a game whenever, wherever.

Email: itbairsoft@live.ie

Best of luck with funding, recruiting and so forth to all the societies this year. Getting off the ground is the hardest part, but once you have you're first outing, it get's a lot easier.

If anyone want's any advice on setting up an airsoft society, please feel free to PM/email

Or if you'd like to arrange a game with the ITB AirSoc, email/pm.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

The DKIT airsoft society will be running again this year, looking forward to meeting some of the other college societys this year both on and off the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Whoops Meant to add some contact info!!!

Web : www.nciairsoft.com

Email: glenn@nciairsoft.com
    gary@nciairsoft.com

We'll hopefully be organising our first outing very soon and any Soc's wishing to come along are more than welcome, just turf us an email and we'll sort it out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Killoch

DCU Airsoft is going well and hoping for a bumper crop of new players this year.

Right now we're only vaguely looking ahead to Intervarsity, but the best guess is it will be held in the same place as last year, earlier in the college year than last time and running two games simultaniously so as many colleges as possible can attend ( And hopefully ITB will be on time next time ;) ).

For the moment we're just recruiting and getting the first few trips out of the way, as I'm sure are most other socs. I'll definatly bring having a few games against other colleges for a laugh up at the next commitee meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nain

hi, there is a airsoft club in wit.:) you can send me a pm and i can give you some more info. Me and a cupel of friends set it up last year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Just joined the DIT group, bit inactive on boards though but i can pass on the message if needs be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

For what its worth, UCD Paintball is considering an Airsoft wing. I'm pro for each but we would be looking for a separate sub-committee to run the Airsoft side of things.

I'm the current Chairman of UCD Paintball so feel free to drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Jimbobak47 wrote: »
    The DKIT airsoft society will be running again this year, looking forward to meeting some of the other college societys this year both on and off the field.

I spotted a few of you at the clubs and socs day last week. I'm up there on a course until December through work. Seemed like there was a good bunch of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippendale

Joined up there on wednesday, I look foreward to the meetings & eventual skirmishes.

Also purchased a GR15 & what was essentially a starter pack from the good folk at Dundalk Airsoft. It's a beauty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭BWairsoft

Hi Guys Im in NUI Galway id like to start an airsoft soc but not sure if theres even any airsofters in NUI at the moment.. If any here is in NUI or knows an airsofter in NUI let me Know, Thanx.

Just to let you know lads we start training tomorrow at the MPC beside AIB from 18.00 - 21.00, so if you want to come down your more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I saw the posters alright, what's the training exactly?

Simple stuff really,most of which experienced Airsofters should know already, but good to go over all the same, we'll be doing Crawling and carrying drills tomorrow and a bit on all round cover etc

Its a good time to share ideas with each other as everyones suggestions, experiences and idea are taken on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippendale

Simple stuff really,most of which experienced Airsofters should know already, but good to go over all the same, we'll be doing Crawling and carrying drills tomorrow and a bit on all round cover etc.

Cheers for it! I'll see y'all next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

hi does anybody know if there are any college airsofters or airsoft clubs in sligo it???cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Does anyone want to set up an airsoft society in Trinity? Even if its underground for now its better than nothing!!

• Advertisement

Look back about a page for a thread called "TCD Airsoft". I think you make four. What year are ya?

just starting 2nd year

Grand.

Lets keep all the TCD stuff here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056046178

Ha ha just spent the last 15 mins looking for that page didn't know u had posted it here i found it already!!!

To anyone involved in an airsoft soc, did you use RIFs to promote it? I know ITT did at least. Would be nice to have a precedence for when we ask.

Cheers,
    L_B.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

The DIT lads had an AK in Bolton Street this year, but that was indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

To anyone involved in an airsoft soc, did you use RIFs to promote it? I know ITT did at least. Would be nice to have a precedence for when we ask.

Cheers,
    L_B.

In maynooth they had a display set up in one of the rooms with a few guns on a table and were sheparding people into the room

Thanks lads. Looks like we're going to be pushed towards the Paintballers as a joint thing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Just gradually become more independent of the paintballers, by the end of the year you'll be a club in all but name. An airsoft-specific brand would be a good start, with your own logo and hoodies etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Ok guys The NCI airsoft society has provisionally booked an outing at HRTA on wednesday the 27th from 11.00-16.00.
    If any other Colleges or people in general would like to join us just drop Either Myself or Gary an email at glenn@nciaiesoft.com or gary@nciairsoft.com
    or alternatively hit up our facebook page.

Just think It might be a good opportunity to do a bitta networking which will help make organising the intervarsity easier.

Glenn

Advertisement