Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Duck eggs have a much richer taste than hen eggs. The yolk is oranger and when they're boiled the white has a denser texture than hen eggs.

I don't find them great for frying, but they're amazing boiled or scrambled.

Tell ye what: if ye buy a half dozen and try one and don't like it I'll take the other 5 off your hands, no problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

greetings wrote: »
    I'm in college and have ran out of money due to alcoholism.
    I therefore had half a bag of Haribo I had left over from Monday. :(
    Today I will be having nothing due to reasons outside of my control (lol,not,see post up the page)
    I will be having the same in the 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread.

Came home today. Mum made me 2 ham sandwiches on the freshest bread ever and a packet of Hunky Dorys' Buffalo flavour crisps followed by some chocolate cake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Came home today. Mum made me 2 ham sandwiches on the freshest bread ever and a packet of Hunky Dorys' Buffalo flavour crisps followed by some chocolate cake :D

Either famine or feast, eh? :p

I had some Ryvita with cheese and the nicest cup of tea I've had in ages. Simple, but did the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Today I had a chicken caesar bagel from the Bagel Factory - granary bagel, toasted, with caesar dressing, rocket, chicken, parmesan and roasted red peppers. Yum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Homemade chicken soup :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ Zoey Dead Tunnel

Just had 2 small (fresh) wholegrain baps, with some thick sliced ham (from the fillet that I boiled last night) and a little brown sauce. And a mug of tea! simple, but tasty!

Now for 'dessert' i have an apple and a banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

I had two lunches today. My first one was a jam sambo and then my second one (am still eating it) is a €2 chicken goujon baguette from dunnes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yesterday I had a hog roast sub with stuffing, apple sauce and onions from the stand at Howth Market - they have a whole pig on a spit and it tastes amazing :)

Today I had a ham sandwich and a bowl of home made Italian tomato soup.

Today was veg in what should have been some kind of omlette, but turned into some kind of scrambled egg thing. No matter, it tasted good.

Yesterday I had a hog roast sub with stuffing, apple sauce and onions from the stand at Howth Market - they have a whole pig on a spit and it tastes amazing :)

Today I had a ham sandwich and a bowl of home made Italian tomato soup.
    Oh my god that hog roast sub sounds amazing.

• Advertisement

Either famine or feast, eh? :p

I had some Ryvita with cheese and the nicest cup of tea I've had in ages. Simple, but did the job.
    Yes :pac: and it's famine today :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Left over sambos from last night's parental visit :) and 2 large Petit Filous.. oh and a few bikkies..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Oh my god that hog roast sub sounds amazing.

It really was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,989 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tuna Chilli that I whipped up myself via the work microwave. Was delish and now into the regular lunch rotation. Came up with it because the shop was out of john west tuna and beans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I normally bring stuff from home, but yesterday I hadn't time so I got a crummy Super Valu roll - Butter, mayo, salad, cold chicken (they hadnt hot) and coleslaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Today I'm having homemade roasted pepper soup with brown bread and a ham salad to follow.

I'm trying to decide between the chicken salad I brought from home (it'll be yummy but won't fill me up) or a yummy, filling tuna melt from O'Briens.

I think I'm leaning toward O'Briens. I'll leave the salad in the fridge and bring some bread and dressing tomorrow and it'll make a better lunch then.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

homemade bread and cheese boring but delicious:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Yesterday was a tuna melt with lots of red pepper.
    Today a chicken salad I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Today was homemade guacamole but I put way too much onion in it, so it wasn't as good as usual. Had it with some tuc crackers and then had a big bunch of red grapes. Nom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I was on the run so I grabbed a ham, cheese and onion toastie from O'Brien's to take away...€5.70. €5.70!!!

O'Brien's isn't exactly cheap. I've never gotten a sandwich from there,what's it like?
    Not exactly lunch,but it's the last thing I ate,after the night club last night had a breakfast roll with cheese and red sauce. Om nyom nyom.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Marks and Spencers pasta salad with pine nuts and basil, added mayo as an extra.

Beans on toast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Sausage and coleslaw sandwich. Yummmm.... I'm always eating on the run, so try to have a healthy dinner and settle for a handy lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

today was a homemade chicken, red onion, tomato, sweetcorn pasta salad with peri peri mayo

Grilled Razor clams with home made bread and a nice cuppa.

IMG_1546.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

French toast, maple syrup and strawberries.

My tummy has a happy.

At work today so just 2 ham sandwiches and crisps,washed down with Pepsi Max,I'm addicted to it lately :D

• Advertisement

A bowl of leek & potato sup, a cheese sandwich and a packet of Walkers cheese and onion crisps.

Advertisement