Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best hairdresser for highlights in Dublin

• 13-05-2010 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys,
    so I've had my share of hairdressers doing my highlights in the city centre. First I went to Taylor in Zeba but then she left so I found this woman called ViVi in Joseph Kramer. She was extremely expensive but very good until my friend got her hair frazzled by lowlights, so I decided to switch again. The last time I got my hair done I went to Debbie in Cowboys and Angels who was really nice and did a great job on my hair. I might still go back to her but I wanted to see if anyone had anything better to say about other hairstylists in Dublin re: highlights. Also it helps if I could find a cheaper hairdresser, as Cowboys and Angels does not come cheap.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

If you're anywhere near Blackrock I'd highly recommend Noel Higgins, he listens to exactly what you want and is great at making the colour look really natural. Also, if you've wrecked your hair he's great at fixing it! Probably the best haircuts I've had as well http://www.noelhiggins.com/

If you want something closer to the city centre, House of Colour are also pretty good, and there are several of them dotted around (I used to go to the one on Wellington Quay, just by the Hapenny Bridge) They're really good on the small details, like having tampons in the bathroom, tea and coffee and hot chocolate are complimentary, and they will even get you a sandwich if you get hungry! Also a student rate Monday-Wednesday http://www.houseofcolour.ie/

I'm a bit of out of date on prices because I'm living in London these days, but I'm sure you could call and ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ryansdaughter

Cowboys and Angels are great for highlights but you're right, they can be quite expensive.

Also, good suggestion re Noel Higgins in Blackcrock, my sister in law goes there and her hair always looks well, I don't think they're too expensive either from what I gather.

I had my highights done in Khaki in Tallaght recently and was really happy with the results, I've also had my hair cut twice there and would recommend them highly. They're not city centre though so probably don't suit you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Hello

I've never highlighted my hair ever but am taking the plunge. Currently it is a light brown and bit boring.

My question is - if I get a t-bar 2-4 shades lighter than my own am I COMMITTED to the upkeep or can I just leave them grow out and move on with my life.
    And is the grow out very noticeable ?

Again, only going a few shades lighter not peroxide on brown hair.....

THANK YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Feebs10

Joe Hayze, Toni & Guy beside Powerscourt in town. Excellent at colour and cut; but can be hard to get as in high demand. Definitly worth a try. I have recommanded loads to him and they always stick with him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Can anyone reccomend a colourist in House of Colour. I'd prefer a branch near Stephen's Green if possible - which one is closest to there? Im a bit clueless when it comes to Dublin addresses!

Or if anyone has any recommendations for a hairdresser in the city centre who is reasonably priced for highlights, please suggest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

amz5 wrote: »
    Can anyone reccomend a colourist in House of Colour. I'd prefer a branch near Stephen's Green if possible - which one is closest to there? Im a bit clueless when it comes to Dublin addresses!

Or if anyone has any recommendations for a hairdresser in the city centre who is reasonably priced for highlights, please suggest :)

I get my hair done in Zoo Hair Salon on exchequer street with Andrew Dunne.... he is brillant... booked up 6 weeks in advance but my colour is fab (sorry dont menat to boast but ive been told many times),... anyway his brillant go once on you will be hooked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bellowyellow

I'm after moving to Dublin and I was wondering if there is a hairdresser in the Terenure / Rathfarnham area that are reasonalby priced and are good at both cut and colour. Or would I be better off going into the city? and if so, where? Thanks for any help or advice :)

Advertisement