Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soul Boy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Looks good! When is it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Dord wrote: »
    Looks good! When is it out?

It's out now,from the 3rd-9th,only showing in Dublin and Cork,there was a premiere screening in Dublin on Friday there followed be sleepless nights soul club.
    Raging I missed it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm hoping to get along this week myself. Looks good.

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get along this week myself. Looks good.

It was screened early at a few scooter rallies too a few weeks ago,i wasn't there either,I have to get up and see it

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

Saw it tonight. Decent enough film. Despite the cheesy love story plot, there's lots of laughs and it really captures the intensity of the Wigan and Northern Soul in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

supposed to be really good,for the older heads id say.

Its being screened at the Jameson film festival too

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jus.Me

rented it for tonight. more for the music, dont have high hopes for the film itself but i might be pleasantly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Its being screened at the Jameson film festival too

That's a different movie with the same name. Still haven't gotten round to checking this out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dublin Hibby

Jeezo, as an Edinburgh boy (now 50) i didnt think the Northern Soul scene had made its way over the sea. Started going to niters in the early 70s and got lost init for the next ten years or so.

Man i had some unbelievable night in that place, oldies nights on the Friday, and back on the Saturday.

Saw Major lance, Martha Reeves, Edwin Starr, etc etc. Remember them days very very fondly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement