Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to sell used college books?

• 31-08-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Anybody have any idea where to sell secondhand school and college books? I've a load of them at home and they're just gathering dust. Had a look at selling them on ebay, but with the cost of postage it just doesn't work out very well.
    Any thoughts? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Try adverts.ie here. Also, I'd say contact the SU out in the WIT. I'm sure they would have book selling to new students.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Does the college book-shop not buy (relevant) second hand books back? Maybe worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

rayc wrote: »
    Does the college book-shop not buy (relevant) second hand books back? Maybe worth checking out.

I'm a first year student, where is the college book shop located?
    I've never been to the college before so being as simple as possible would be a help! :P
    Is it second hand and new books they stock?
    Is it cheaper than the other book shops around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I've never been to the college before so being as simple as possible would be a help! :P

You are probably better off buying them on thebookdepository.com

@OP
    If you can't sell them, maybe just give them away to SVP or whoever will take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Heard something about the WIT SU organising some sort of book sales this year. I think they put people looking for a book in contact with someone looking to buy one rather than the usual leaflets around the campus selling books.

The bookshop in the college is on your right hand side as you go through the first set of doors into the library (unless its changed location since may)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Please visit the WIT Forum. You should find your question answered there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemul

The WIT Students Union have setup a 2nd hand book shop this year so have a look at http://www.witsu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

just wondering do you have any leaving cert books to sell?my girlfriend is going back to do her leaving and is looking for books?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Will move this onto the WIT Forum, as more students will be aware of the thread there.

Topic Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

No leaving cert books unfortunately Mooley. Unless she does German? :) Actually have a good bit of honours Irish stuff as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Also thanks to everyone for your help, but I'm not actually a WIT student. I'm in UCC.
    They aren't great for taking books there though, so thought there might be somewhere in town in Waterford that would take them before I go back to college.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vosterburg

try http://www.campusbooktrader.com

Free to register and post books for foreseeable future

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

have you any engineering books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mountcollins

tramoreman wrote: »
    have you any engineering books

i hav 3 engineering books. homebond builders manual, structural engineering and environmental science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

I'm looking to buy used college books. Any ideas?

Advertisement