Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this game?

• 27-08-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

I came across this game on Ign.com sometime ago and i cant for the life of me remember what its called,

i think its new, fairly sure its not release yet,. from what i remember it is set in either Las Vegas or San Fransisco or some big American city. im nearly positive its Las Vegas, but its not the fallout one.

its a first person shooter set in the future and i think the city has fallen into ruin (the desert has blown over it?) and the story revolves around an elite squad of soldiers you have stayed behind to protect those still left in it. im not sure about who the bad guys are though,

any help would be awesome,

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ha! Sorry, didn't notice you'd already pointed out it wasn't New Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

no worries, cant wait for that game either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Overature wrote: »
    I came across this game on Ign.com sometime ago and i cant for the life of me remember what its called,

i think its new, fairly sure its not release yet,. from what i remember it is set in either Las Vegas or San Fransisco or some big American city. im nearly positive its Las Vegas, but its not the fallout one.

its a first person shooter set in the future and i think the city has fallen into ruin (the desert has blown over it?) and the story revolves around an elite squad of soldiers you have stayed behind to protect those still left in it. im not sure about who the bad guys are though,

any help would be awesome,

thanks
    I seen this one too... I know what you're on about, it was on Sent U A Message..(I think it was anyway) Now I can't think of the name of it :mad:

Edit: It wasn't bodycount was it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Brink or Rage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I think it's Spec Ops: The Line it's set In Dubai after it gets pounded by sandstorms. It was on sentuamessage a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I think it's Spec Ops: The Line it's set In Dubai after it gets pounded by sandstorms. It was on sentuamessage a while ago
    That's the one I was thinking about anyway :) Not sure about OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rage came to my mind initially too but the spec ops one seems to fit more with what OP said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Well spec ops the line is third person not first person like the OP said, its gonna be a fantastic game and def one of my most anticipated games coming up...

The story is very apocalypse now, your the leader of a spec ops team sent in to Dubai after the city has been abandond to capture the head of a previous spec ops team sent in and have gone missing. The desert is reclaiming the city and becomes a game mechanic.

Looks seriously good, head on to gametrailers.com for trailers and gameplay.

Doesnt sound like the OP's description of the game type or story though, that sounds more like fallout new vegas.

Yeah man thats it, thanks a million and it looks awesome

yup thats the one
    That's the one I was thinking about anyway :) Not sure about OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

the only game i can think off is Rainbow 6 veges 2 but that is all ready out if not
    it could Ghost Recon Future Soldier here is the trailer for the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhVx3jBXRSY

already got that, turned out to be spec ops, i got the vagas and dubai mixed up caus there both in deserts
    combat5 wrote: »
    the only game i can think off is Rainbow 6 veges 2 but that is all ready out if not
    it could Ghost Recon Future Soldier here is the trailer for the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhVx3jBXRSY

Advertisement