Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N3-M50 interchange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Heroditas

bigar wrote: »
    Moving along the road then, it is also completely unclear where the lanes are ending/merging and where the crap bus lane actually starts. I can only hope this is a temporary situation.

I was on this stretch again this morning.
    I particularly love the way the leftmost lane just disappears and becomes a bus lane/lane leading up to the train station without any warning. :rolleyes:

That'll be fun on a wet Tuesday November morning.

The markings on this stretch need to be finalized and sorted out ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Passed by about 11.30 and they appeared to be resurfacing the roundabout. Some scraping of the top level and some new surface as well. Wasn't there today so couldn't confirm in daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

the roundabout was smooth as a really smooth thing this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭cargo

Any more updates on this one or are they off on the 2 week holiday?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Unlikely to be any for a while. I'm sure the M50 guy said that the roundabout is to be 2-lane when all is done. Can't seem them marking this until towards the end of the junction work.

nope, just a few random temporary cats eyes things....

Also, the main N3 between the Blanch Village junction and the shopping centre was being re-surfaced tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Absurdum wrote: »
    nope, just a few random temporary cats eyes things....
    For the most part I found these easy enough to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

daymobrew wrote: »
    For the most part I found these easy enough to follow.

So have I but unfortunately there are plenty who haven't and end up pulling across me at the last minute.

• Advertisement

in fairness, if you aren't familiar with the layout it can be confusing

there are still random broken white lines and scatterings of these yellow cats eyes around the place, I can see how it leads to confusion

The junction is coming along well by the looks of things, not long left now til it's fully open, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i was going to complain again about the traffic lights when coming from travellodge straight across to auburn ave. they only let about 4 cars through at peak times, assuming the first car is paying attention.

they seem to have had the timings increased slightly yesterday when i checked it out though, is this the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭fitzgese

Not really familiar with this interchange, either in it's current state or the way it used to be. Looking to get to the Total Fitness gym from M50 Southbound. So which lane do I come up the sliproad in? Right? Then I go take the Blanch exit from the roundabout, and it's the next right from there? Or has this been changed during the upgrade? Are there traffic lights/lane changes etc. I should look out for?

Also anyone know what's the story with the new exit from Connolly Hospital? Is this opening soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Looks like the new exit to connolly is open or almost open.

From what I could see the only way into Connolly or Total fitness, from the M50 Is to go up to the Blanch center, over the bridge then back down the other side. If it were me I'd probably go up to the 2nd bridge as the lights on the first one take forever.

That said it seems to change everytime I pass through it, so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭fitzgese

Thanks, will generally be approaching this area travelling towards the city on the N3, so shouldn't be so much of it problem then, but it's quite a detour when approaching from M50 southbound. Can't make out what the story for access to Total Fitness and Connolly from the M50 will be from the plans for the interchange when finished, but I guess so few cars will want to do this it doesn't justify another set of traffic lights on the N3 outbound.

I'd assume the idea is to have traffic comming off the M50 not have any obstacles like a set of lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭rameire

passed the junction while on the m50 today heading northbound.
    the new slip road heading off the m50 was lined and painted.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭mackerski

BostonB wrote: »
    From what I could see the only way into Connolly or Total fitness, from the M50 Is to go up to the Blanch center, over the bridge then back down the other side. If it were me I'd probably go up to the 2nd bridge as the lights on the first one take forever.

Not quite - you can turn around at Snugborough Road instead. And if you want to access the hospital, you'll have to, as access to it is still only from the Snugborough Road or from Blanchardstown Village via Mill Road.

Thats what I meant, the first bridge over the N3 is the Snugborough Road. Thats the one with the lights that take ages. The 2nd bridge has no lights.

• Advertisement

this is why the new m50/n3 interchange is a disaster. i'm sure there's more reasons though. this is at the auburn junction.

this shows traffic that wants to go to auburn queue here for an eternity

IMAG0393%20%28Small%29.jpg

this shows that the outbound traffic is a mess because traffic can't actually get across the junction and ends up blocking traffic coming out of auburn causing more delays.

IMAG0394%20%28Small%29.jpg

is this how it's always going to be m50? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

is going to be a joke...actually they did what they been asked to:free-up M50,no more traffic queuing on the M50...they did it !
    they moved the traffic from the N3 / M50 roundabout to...near N3 roundabout area ! ! all traffic going to be affected !

is a fcuking joke of the 2010 ! ! disaster...

does anyone know where the most recent plans are for the junction? i've seen so many at this stage ...

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I think that those lights are to allow a right turn for access to Total Fitness/Connolly Hospital. It is possible that there will be no red for those heading outbound on the N3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Is it just me or are the lights at the new bridge leading from the N3 inbound to the M50 roundabout deliberately timed so that traffic turning right out of Blanchardstown Village onto the N3 inbound gets stuck at them immediately after going through the previous set of lights? I've gone through several times and every time I've been stopped 50m on at these new lights.

I really hope this junction works. It must be the worst in Dublin by a long way now that the Red Cow's finally sorted. I can't think of any other where so many people routinely bypass the bypass by going through the village (Castleknock).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

bigar wrote: »
    What a mess the N3 is now at Dunsink Lane inward. You have four lanes at the traffic lights. When it turns green it looks like something from wacky races with the cars changing lanes all over the place just to get ahead.

Moving along the road then, it is also completely unclear where the lanes are ending/merging and where the crap bus lane actually starts. I can only hope this is a temporary situation.

And its still a big mess! I have been traveling home around 5ish from the city center the last few evenings through the park and on auburn avenue,and have notice that people driving outbound on the N3 are turning left on to Auburn avenue and around that white roundabout and back on to the N3!

Auburn avenue is not an alternative anymore to get out of the city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

rolion wrote: »
    is going to be a joke...actually they did what they been asked to:free-up M50,no more traffic queuing on the M50...they did it !
    they moved the traffic from the N3 / M50 roundabout to...near N3 roundabout area ! ! all traffic going to be affected !

is a fcuking joke of the 2010 ! ! disaster...

Surely once the M50 roundabout/Blanch village junction is complete there will be no more queues such as those on the photo as traffic will not be held up getting through the roundabout anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

What happens is buses taxis etc still using the lane now used to get onto the M50 south as a bus lane when coming from town and try and pull in at the last minute where the road splits. It stops cars free flowing onto the M50 and in turn blocks cars at the junction. A motorbike guard was at the split on day and he was sending those that was trying to pull in onto the M50 instead which i had a good giggle at, maybe they wont try and wizz down the inside again :)

• Advertisement

happy to hear that about the garda. bus eireanns buses are doing it all the bloody time. i really hope they sort those road markings and finished the bus lane just before the slip down from the train station.

the same problem stands inbound. there should be no bus lane until just after the slip up to the station.

Advertisement