Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

jay93 wrote: »
    lol hopefully the area doesnt get oversubscribed o2 and vodafone seem to be riddled with contention around here as ive used both and they really suck after 5pm :(..i never get dumped on a HSDPA signal tough always have HSPA their must be alot of users in your area of 3 :o:o

yep seems to be - speeds are ok but vary massively with some downloads collapsing to 60kbps after a few minutes

still - speed isnt my main desire - would love decent latency :D

905605153.png

still service is alot better than what it was 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

SARASON wrote: »
    Im in a rural area dave and in line sight of two masts,one brand new one that went live last week.I have a repeater as well...;);). I tell everyone its rubbish so they dont sign up so I have all this juicy bandwidth for me me me.....:D;):D;)

If sales don't start in your area I'm sure 3 will send in their sales reps so t won't last for ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

SARASON wrote: »
    Im in a rural area dave and in line sight of two masts,one brand new one that went live last week.I have a repeater as well...;);). I tell everyone its rubbish so they dont sign up so I have all this juicy bandwidth for me me me.....:D;):D;)

If sales don't start in your area I'm sure 3 will send in their sales reps so t won't last for ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

912786878.png
    As we all know that's max, even getting web pages to refresh tonight has been an utter nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

913479284.png

913486362.png

networks are really struggling to cope with congestion today :(:(

never usually this bad

• Advertisement

913495255.png
    Mine was slow for a while earlier today, thought it was the network but moved my modem less than an inch out of curiosity and it speed up.

913479284.png

913486362.png

networks are really struggling to cope with congestion today :(:(

never usually this bad

Meteor is not looking good at all to be honest - that was along the same results I got using an IPhone

Aye - conjestion is one of the biggest problems with mobile broadband....

913608266.png

Not too bad today - seems to be stable at 2.5-2.6mb for the last couple weeks - decent speeds - latency speaks for itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I know. Look at these pesky speeds.........:p:p

913618012.png

Meteor is not looking good at all to be honest - that was along the same results I got using an IPhone

Aye - conjestion is one of the biggest problems with mobile broadband....

913608266.png

Not too bad today - seems to be stable at 2.5-2.6mb for the last couple weeks - decent speeds - latency speaks for itself

the slow down has gone away tank god earlier test was when alot of people would be going by this area on a main road from work seems around 4-5pm it gets slow but after that it flys along like this current test

913695057.png

its a pitty they cant control the contention a bit better than its currently handled it seems to be all over the place at times but have to say its more decent than o2 or vf meteors upload is very bad also ping is not great with meteor either was going to sign upto their service but upon testing it this week its not all that great to be honest:)
    have you got I-HSPA back or is your modem still only getting HSDPA??:)

the slow down has gone away tank god earlier test was when alot of people would be going by this area on a main road from work seems around 4-5pm it gets slow but after that it flys along like this current test

913695057.png

its a pitty they cant control the contention a bit better than its currently handled it seems to be all over the place at times but have to say its more decent than o2 or vf meteors upload is very bad also ping is not great with meteor either was going to sign upto their service but upon testing it this week its not all that great to be honest:)
    have you got I-HSPA back or is your modem still only getting HSDPA??:)

HSDPA for the most part - I-HSPA appears only rarely and with it pings of 70-90ms

913837741.png

It made an appearance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

:):):):)

914848191.png

danjo-xx wrote: »
    :):):):)

914848191.png

Waht dongle may i ask?
    and what area roughly if you dont mind including if its rural or urban? :)

Waht dongle may i ask?
    and what area roughly if you dont mind including if its rural or urban? :)

Meteor, Huawei E180 and Waterford city....think I'm fairly near a mast though but that speed was exceptional but overall I'm very happy except occassionally I get disconnected but can always re-connect immediately.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Meteor, Huawei E180 and Waterford city....think I'm fairly near a mast though but that speed was exceptional but overall I'm very happy except occassionally I get disconnected but can always re-connect immediately.

Thats a really good result for an urban area - :D

915899621.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

speeds have improved, though the ping is still pretty high:mad:

916711983.png

new b260a router and its located in the best place housewise

916760361.png

:D

Damn sitecom wireless card wont work properly with dreadful limited speed :( while the intel one in my laptop runs perfectly with this router tho as you can see with the test above...am loving the pings tho :D

Been getting disconnections like mad at night for the past few days, had them tonight but seems to have stopped now.

919715611.png
    Speeds on the other hand have been very good, that's the lowest i have seen it all day.

923111956.png
    Speeds still good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

923101859.png

923126336.png

• Advertisement

923455158.png

tested on my sony ericsson c510 phone
    in phone specs it only says its HSDPA enabled
    but obviously have HSPA as pings are low even lower than my modem and upload is over 1mb so all is good:)

924022486.png

Any otehr ISP's gents - am only seeing alot of three's around the place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I'll throw in my Voda speed for a bit of variety! ;)

924934577.png

931504140.png

not to bad:P

931522007.png

936419613.png

not bad for the middle of a weekday.

937940226.png

Schorpio wrote: »
    936419613.png

not bad for the middle of a weekday.

that is good for vodafone so it is :):)
    my speeds go down to 1meg around this time with 3 then about 7oclock+ it goes up to around 2 or 3meg then at night it rockets upto around 5meg :D

Waterford city. :):)

938297172.png

938309964.png
    Not bad for the time i guess.

• Advertisement

938976677.png

Middle of the day speeds are fine with me! It'll usually slow down later on (6 or 7) but it'll pick back up at around 9 or 10ish so not too bad.

Advertisement