Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everything LSAD in here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Hurray for LSAD....I frequented the place back in the late 90s. A cool vibe gotta say, a lotta crazy cats with pretty mad outlooks on life. Right up my alley. A far cry from LIT, where I studied later....which seems to be brimful of Paris Hilton wannabes and Boyband lookalikes in GAA shirts. The contrast is alarming.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

RikkFlair wrote: »
    . A cool vibe gotta say, a lotta crazy cats with pretty mad outlooks on life

i can't wait to join this kinda atmosphere come September! I'll be a newbie 1st year!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Hurray for LSAD....I frequented the place back in the late 90s. A cool vibe gotta say, a lotta crazy cats with pretty mad outlooks on life. Right up my alley. A far cry from LIT, where I studied later....which seems to be brimful of Paris Hilton wannabes and Boyband lookalikes in GAA shirts. The contrast is alarming.
    Melena wrote: »
    i can't wait to join this kinda atmosphere come September! I'll be a newbie 1st year!:)

fresh meat nam nam :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

Join the club:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gruaig

There is alot of different people around lit.Just imagine going to UL ugh:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

FRESH FISH!

FRESH FISH!

FRESH FISH!

Oh I was I was going into 1st year again.
    4th year for me in september!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Found Nemo

I'm trying to make up my mind between LSAD and Crawford! Did the Leaving this year and I'm doing a Level5 art course to get a port folio in order(I couldnt study for the LC and do a port folio too :(). At the moment I'm thinkin of doing fine art, but the idea of digital art and graphic design is creeping into mind!

I dunno where to go. I keep thinking Limerick though. UGH!! Hurray for art anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I'm trying to make up my mind between LSAD and Crawford! Did the Leaving this year and I'm doing a Level5 art course to get a port folio in order(I couldnt study for the LC and do a port folio too :(). At the moment I'm thinkin of doing fine art, but the idea of digital art and graphic design is creeping into mind!

I dunno where to go. I keep thinking Limerick though. UGH!! Hurray for art anyway :)

As far as I'm aware, Crawford is completely fine art orientated whereas
    LSAD does both fine art and design.

You do all six disciplines in your core year in LSAD so you get to sample
    everything. If you find you prefer design to fine art, you can opt for that in
    second year.

This luxury is not afforded in Crawford!

Besides, I went up to Crawford for my interview and felt a really bad
    atmosphere around the place and the people interviewing came
    across as very pretentious. Didn't like it one bit.

That's my two cents if it means anything. Hope you make the right decision!

wong wrote: »

You do all six disciplines in your core year in LSAD so you get to sample
    everything. If you find you prefer design to fine art, you can opt for that in
    second year.

This luxury is not afforded in Crawford!

Thats actually the one thing I dont like about LSAD :pac:

I've been doing a PLC for the past 2 years which covered all the same areas. Not looking forward to having to basically repeat all this again in LSADs core year! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Besides, I went up to Crawford for my interview and felt a really bad
    atmosphere around the place and the people interviewing came
    across as very pretentious. Didn't like it one bit.

I didn't like the atmosphere there either!:o It's so ****ing dark?!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

I've been to the LSAD open day last year, and this is not something to be offended at- but I LOVED how messy it was!:o It looked like every corner of the college was occupied by art whether it was someone making a print or just a paint splatter on the wall. I love that. However, I've never been inside Crawford, so I have no idea what to make of the actual building and atmosphere yet. I didn't like the idea that when I went onto Crawford's website it only seemed to have degrees for fine art and ceramics.

Don't get me wrong, I love fine art but partially the reason why I'm doing a level5 course first is to experiment with other forms of art such as photography etc. I like the idea of the core year too because I think you can never experiment too much. The thing is, I live miles away from Limerick, and with accommodation in mind, how expensive would one year be?

The thing is, I live miles away from Limerick, and with accommodation in mind, how expensive would one year be?

I'm the same, the only place I've been told about or found online is 'Grove Island' - http://www.groveisland.com/

Just on a side note, has anyone else noticed how many 'Nemo' inspired names there are on boards?! My nickname's already Nemo so thats where mine comes from :pac:

Haha I picked the name at random while watching my favourite Pixar movie!:)

Yeah I've been told about Grove Island too, it seems very conveniant geographically anyway. I really need to save save save :eek:

grove island is basically party central :D

its something like 85 quid a week and 60 a week for a double room

jody is awesome :)

grove island is basically party central :D

its something like 85 quid a week and 60 a week for a double room

jody is awesome :)

Actually thats what I'm wondering about too. See, I know Cork alot more than I know Limerick, I know there's good nightlife in Cork.

Not that its a legitimate reason for choosing a college, but what's the nightlife like in Limerick? In paticular, what are the sessions like with the LSAD crowd if any? :)

in a word,... awesome :D

FRESH FISH!

FRESH FISH!

FRESH FISH!

Please don't eat me ! i'll draw you a picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 WorriedAsFluff

Im so worried about the points for first year LC102!! How did people get on with portfolio assesments and the likes??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Vaaaampire

hmmm... how is lsad as a college can anyone tell me?? and the night life in limerick, i may well find myself there next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Vaaaampire

btw i got 415 for my porto... means i need like 370... what did the person who asked get?? worried as fluff that is

• Advertisement

Vaaaampire wrote: »
    btw i got 415 for my porto... means i need like 370... what did the person who asked get?? worried as fluff that is

I got 510 in portfolio but only 300 in the LC last year so I have 810!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 limdun

Vaaaampire wrote: »
    hmmm... how is lsad as a college can anyone tell me?? and the night life in limerick, i may well find myself there next year...

I went to LSAD for five years (Fine Art Degree, followed by H.Dip) and I loved every minute of it! AN excellent college and now that its gotten a face lift, there are even better facilities. In fact, Im heading back in September to start my Masters - can't wait! Make the most of your time there if you find yourself there - experiment, create and make the most of all facilities!

i got 530 in portfolio and got 440 in leaving!
    so i should be sound!

just want to click ''accept'' on the CAO so everything is final! :)
    Can't wait to be all Arty for next 4-5 years! :) and meet lots of new nice peoples! Too optimistic? :D Probably :L

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

410 in the portfolio, 380 in the LC, not looking too good..:(

A193 wrote: »
    410 in the portfolio, 380 in the LC, not looking too good..:(

i the cut off mark is usually about 760-90?

so your there or there abouts

anyone know for sure?

Any news? Its killing me!! I need to go to bed!:(

No news ahhh i cant stand this anymore!!:(:confused:

790 wasn't enough. It was 830 :(

Someone please reasure me about the second round. Fairly devestated now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Accepted!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kelly:)

LSAD finally ACCEPTED!! DEE-LIGHTED!!

Advertisement