Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Racquetball Links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Stickied !

If these "links" threads get too frequent I'll compact them into one thread, but thanks signostic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cats_Toon_Rower

Anyone know of any clubs that play racquetball in Dublin City?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

When I moved to Dublin I spent ages trying to find a club but didn't really have much luck (most courts seem to be in private gyms) There is a sports centre on the Ballyfermot Rd with a court you can rent but not sure if there's a club.

Let me know if you have any luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cats_Toon_Rower

Thanks for the reply.
    No luck in finding a club so far

I play a bit in DCU gym, but theres no club, unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

When I moved to Dublin I spent ages trying to find a club but didn't really have much luck (most courts seem to be in private gyms) There is a sports centre on the Ballyfermot Rd with a court you can rent but not sure if there's a club.

Let me know if you have any luck!

CC - I can't find that place in Ballyfermot or on the BF road - do you have the number? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Can't find the number on the web but yes its on the BF road, near the Lidi

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the-island-man

anyone play raquetball in galway??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

There are courts in NUIG and Pearse Stadium in Galway City. Two courts in each venue. Also Athenry - Newcastle have 1 court and there is another court in Moycullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Any courts in Co. Clare ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 islandeadyno1

anyone interested in playing racketball in or around galway city??
    also anyone got a number for a place with courts.cheers

• Advertisement

anyone interested in playing racketball in or around galway city??
    also anyone got a number for a place with courts.cheers

Ya i'd be interested but just as a one off game at this stage, i know that there were raquetball courts in aras na macleinn in N.U.I.G but they've closed them down and i think that they moved the courts over to the new sports centre beside the quincintennial bridge not sure whats the story with the fee charged to use them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 islandeadyno1

hey ya dats sound. u up 4 a match next week?? i found a court down in salthill in da gaa ground.fairly old court but should be sound

Ya, my E-mail is annagh_2000@yahoo.co.uk . Friday or Saturday next week would probably suit me best. Although if its not suitable for you we can try arrange some other time. Where are these courts. Are they somewhere near St. Enda's secondary school? I do have to stress though that it will probably be a one off as i am very busy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 moyvilla1

Hi Guys,
    If any of ye are interested in a game anytime in Galway please e-mail me at callanan_79@hotmail.com
    Moyvilla 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shaneduffy

Hi All,

Living in Ringsend and looking to play racketball or tennis with someone.
    If interested please email shaneduffy@yahoo.com

Thanks

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

Any courts in Co. Clare ?

not a racquetball specific although there might be one in clarecastle, it could be a squash court.
    I just usually play in the 60x30 handball court in Tuamgraney, thats good fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RCan

I'm looking for an opponent to play Racquetball once or twice a week in Dublin. I know of two public courts, one in Ballyfermot & one in Cabra. Both are pretty accessible for me.

It would be great to get a few people and get a small league going. I suppose walking before running... someone would be good!

E-mail me rickycannon@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

Frank3142 wrote: »
    not a racquetball specific although there might be one in clarecastle, it could be a squash court.
    I just usually play in the 60x30 handball court in Tuamgraney, thats good fun

You can play in any of the handball courts in clare,
    clarecastle, newmarket, kilkishen, shannon, tuamgraney,
    only thing is getting the key etc and some are a bit iffy when
    you are playing racquetball and not handball

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I am based in Cork City and I am looking for a few old racketballs that are gone too dead for playing with.I want them for using to introduce players to handball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nibbles1982

Hello,

im in cork city anybody want to play a game during the week or is their anybody playing racquetball in cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

Pablo_ wrote: »
    You can play in any of the handball courts in clare,
    clarecastle, newmarket, kilkishen, shannon, tuamgraney,
    only thing is getting the key etc and some are a bit iffy when
    you are playing racquetball and not handball

Thats usually as you will not be insured as most if not all handball clubs are covered by the GAA insurance scheme.

As its GAA, Racquetball is not covered.

In the Ballinasloe Handball Club you can play racquetball no problems but you must provide your own insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Would love to get back playing but no courts in Trinity, are there any clubs in Dublin atall? Think I heard that UCD have racquetball courts, no idea if theres any truth in this though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

Hello,

im in cork city anybody want to play a game during the week or is their anybody playing racquetball in cork.

Hi Nibbles1982,

There are 2 courts in Fermoy, 20 miles away from the city, with a fairly active club. Based in Fermoy Youth Centre - would it be worth your while travelling the 20-30 minutes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Peoples Champ

Hello,

ya the club in fermoy has some good players in it alright and im sure there are beginners there too if thats what you want.. if fermoy is too far away for a game, there is a court in togher in st finbars clubhouse. they should let you play if you book it. iv played there a few times before...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Anyone knows if the Racquetball courts in Galway still exist. Last info on this thread for Galway is a few years old. Any phone numbers? Also, does anyone know the fee for lets say 1 hour?

Played in the U.S. all the time and would like to try again. Also do the Racquetball lend out Racquets and goggles?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Peoples Champ

im not 100% sure on this one but i've heard there are 2 courts in NUIG. i dunno if they are open to the public or not... i doubt that they will have any racquets to give you in NUIG. if you played alot in the US you might be interested in playing some competitions over here. its the end of the racquetball season now and there will be comps starting again in October/November!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rballrocks

rh5555 wrote: »
    Anyone knows if the Racquetball courts in Galway still exist. Last info on this thread for Galway is a few years old. Any phone numbers? Also, does anyone know the fee for lets say 1 hour?

Played in the U.S. all the time and would like to try again. Also do the Racquetball lend out Racquets and goggles?

Thanks

There is also courts (2) in Pearse Stadium in Salthill and courts in Moycullen and Athenry.
    PM if you need a contact number for either. Not very many facilities lend out racquets or goggles afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rballrocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 R2011

i used to play racketball when i was in college. if anyone is enterested in giving me a game {Galway} email at rocconneely@hotmail.com

Advertisement