Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tron: Legacy Megathread [** SPOILERS FROM POST 153 ONWARDS **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

*ahem*

whoo hoo !

Saw this earlier and nearly jumped out of my seat in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

So Jeff Bridges is back!
    I've read that sark is supposed to be back and figures out how to get out of the program.
    I'd say it'll look pretty impressive :)

Like the TR2N name :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

superfly wrote: »
    That will be awesome in 3d. Most awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The first proper trailer is now online:

http://www.program-glitch-esc.net

The special effects are looking good and Olivia Wilde is looking mighty fine. I don't think it gives too much away like most trailers.

I'm really looking forward to this. I bought the DVD of the first one because I barely remember seeing it in the cinema when it first came out. Most people might cringe at the special effects in the first film but I think it's pretty amazing what they achieved considering the tools they had at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

December! wants now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Bruce Boxleiter! How are things in the Shadow War these days? ;)

I have to admit, that trailer actually looks quite good. The visuals are certainly something, and although "darker" than the original movie's, really look a treat. Am suddenly quite eager about seeing this.

I also suspect that music was a taster of Daft Punk's soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

pixelburp wrote: »
    Bruce Boxleiter! How are things in the Shadow War these days? ;)

I have to admit, that trailer actually looks quite good. The visuals are certainly something, and although "darker" than the original movie's, really look a treat. Am suddenly quite eager about seeing this.

I also suspect that music was a taster of Daft Punk's soundtrack.
    • a daft punk soundtrack
    • a darker film
    • and the dude back

Could this film have better potential, Im very eager to see it now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

That's Oscar-winning Dude now. :cool: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Awesome - So frickin Awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

See-lick!!

Big changes over the test footage alright. Ha, this could possibly be my next 3D film, exactly a year after Avatar :pac:

The Dude + Daft Punk + Neons = My ass in a cinema seat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Trailer now on YouTube

TRON: LEGACY is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that's unlike anything ever captured on the big screen.

Sam Flynn (GARRETT HEDLUND), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (JEFF BRIDGES), looks into his fathers disappearance and finds himself pulled into the digital world of Tron where his father has been living for 25 years.

Along with Kevin's loyal confidant Qora (OLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey of escape across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

Directed by Joseph Kosinski. Cast includes Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Bruce Boxleitner, James Frain, Beau Garrett and Michael Sheen.

TRON: LEGACY comes to Irish cinemas in December.

Hard to know whether it will be as epic as the first...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Trailer looks surprisingly fantastic. Of course it is hard to judge from the trailer, but the tone and design suggests a very different kind of vibe from your usual blockbuster. Tron is cheesy fun, but I think this has the possibility to be something more than that. I already think it looks far more interesting and ambitious visually than a certain other blue-tinged CGI epic....

Plus Daft Punk soundtrack = win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

looks good, can't wait for the motor bikes. Disk battle looks good too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Visually, it looks great...definate potential for a hit with this movie, it just depends if the script has something to it. CGI candy is great, but nothing without a proper story (looking at you Avatar).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Anakin.S wrote: »
    looks good, can't wait for the motor bikes.

???? how dare you! they are light cycles!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Holy Sh1t.. did i just spot David Bowie in that trailer..

Looks good.. Is taking it time though.. Think i saw trailers of this well over a year ago.. COME ON!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

A big leap forward from the test footage, it has textures and blinged out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, it's the Windows 7 Aero version of Tron. Must say though, I thought it looked AWESOME. Loved the lightcycles and that bit where the young badass Jeff Bridges comes up out of the floor was just fantastic.
    Can't
    Freakin
    Wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Holy Sh1t.. did i just spot David Bowie in that trailer..

Yeah, I thought I saw him too. Had a look on imdb and there's nothing about him appearing in Tron unfortunately. Will still hold out hope that it's him until I hear otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

think its actually michael sheen who plays the guy who looks like bowie/ziggy stardust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

not as visually good as the original, its too clean and perfect, it doesn't have the iconic fx appeal of Tron.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this looks like just an update of the old tron better graphics etc, rather then looking into the future..

there should have tronosised future thinking from now, quantum computing or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just saw the new proper trailer ,CANT WAIT!!!!!

as a an early 20s young kids i sure missed out the good old tron (from what i heard anyway), this new one looks sharp and promising alright!

DECEMBER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

gonna dig this up since i really cant wait for this after i watched Inception :D the concept behind them sure has similarity and i really cant help but keep wondering will this turn out as good as Inception?!!

They are indeed my most anticapted films this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Feel slightly embarrassed that the most exciting thing about this movie for me is Bruce Boxleitner :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Make sure to order your own Tron bike Link

Can anyone confirm this? I was reading in some movie magazine a few months back, and they said that Tron Legacy was going to be shot in 3D, using technology similar to Avatar but improving on it - only that just the scenes within the computer world will be in 3D, everything outside will be normal?

If this is going to be the case, consider me wowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here's some pretty cool new images from the movie.
    http://filmonic.com/tron-legacy-banners

Advertisement