Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ads?!?!?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I thought the thread title said "Aids?!?!?!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Interesting, it's part 1 of 6, just in case people stop after the first part.

each episode is split into 6 parts on youtube, 4 episodes in total. If you have an interest in that kind of thing its extremely fascinating and slightly depressing, otherwise it might be hard to watch, i dont know..

Sigmund Freud, the founder of psychoanalysis, changed the perception of the human mind and its workings. His influence on the twentieth century is generally considered profound. The series describes the ways public relations and politicians have utilized Freud's theories during the last 100 years for the "engineering of consent"....

...Paul Mazer, a Wall Street banker working for Lehman Brothers in the 1930s: "We must shift America from a needs- to a desires-culture. People must be trained to desire, to want new things, even before the old have been entirely consumed. [...] Man's desires must overshadow his needs."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Century_of_the_Self

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

For all the people complaining about the trailers and warnings on DVDs press:

STOP>STOP>PLAY

It skips through it all.Works on 95% of the DVDs I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    oh dear troll detected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    were you disappointed when you saw it was about ads? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

You don't need to subscribe to boards to avoid the ads, just use the Firefox plugin "Adblock Plus" :pac::pac::pac:

But it doesn't work.I still saw this ^^ ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Why are people surprised about the maximisation of profits when it's the driving force behind pretty much every factor of modern day living?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Cianos wrote: »
    Why are people surprised about the maximisation of profits when it's the driving force behind pretty much every factor of modern day living?

im not surprised im just annoyed as that i pay to watch a movie and i have to watch bloody adds before it...i pay for my dvd i still have to watch adds...i pay sky tv free + tv licence and i still have to watch bloody adds (most of the time)

Advertisement