Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

look for one of the following company names one your voucher

Tourico
    Hotelbeds
    GTA
    Hotelconnect
    Youtravel
    Travco
    Mark International

My booking says 'the booking is payable by You Travel'. Does this mean the booking is safe? I'm worried they are going to cancel the booking now even though I have confirmed the booking with the hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 noonespecial

buzsywuzsy wrote: »
    My booking says 'the booking is payable by You Travel'. Does this mean the booking is safe? I'm worried they are going to cancel the booking now even though I have confirmed the booking with the hotel?

google YouTravel and phone them up and ask them, this goes for any of the above suppliers. just give them your hotel confirmation number and they can look it up tell them that you have booked with 1800hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SmarterEgg

look for one of the following company names one your voucher

Tourico
    Hotelbeds
    GTA
    Hotelconnect
    Youtravel
    Travco
    Mark International

Our booking says 'payable to GTA'. Does this mean we're ok?

SmarterEgg wrote: »
    Our booking says 'payable to GTA'. Does this mean we're ok?

phone up GTA and ask, tell them you booked with 1800hotels

anyone who has a booking phone up the supplier directly and check the booking

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Anyone got any phone numbers for Youtravel? None on website. I have e-mailed and they're looking into 1800 situation, but I cant wait!!

• Advertisement

xraylady wrote: »
    Anyone got any phone numbers for Youtravel? None on website. I have e-mailed and they're looking into 1800 situation, but I cant wait!!

from their website

For sales enquiries, please call:
    International Customer: +30 2111 200303
    UK Customer: 0871 4261680blank.gif
    International Agent: +30 2111 200303
    UK Agent: 0871 4261681

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Would you have any idea how far back 1800Hotels have been cancelling reservations for? I booked a hotel last May, the hotel said its booked but obviously I'm concerned that they haven't got payment.

I tried ringing "Travco" but the phone number isn't working.

qwytre wrote: »
    Would you have any idea how far back 1800Hotels have been cancelling reservations for? I booked a hotel last May, the hotel said its booked but obviously I'm concerned that they haven't got payment.

I tried ringing "Travco" but the phone number isn't working.

i dont know to be honest

from their website

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Travco Headquarters[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Travco LLP
    Travco House
    92 - 94 Paul Street
    London, EC2A 4UX
    United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 (0)20 7739-3333
    Fax: +44 (0)20 7739-2233
    e-mail: travco@travco.co.uk
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

I rang You Travel and they said I have to call back tomorrow because they are unsure what the story is with 1800hotels.

At what point would Travo get paid, is it after checkout or when the booking is made. Just trying to figure out the probability of the hotel not getting paid.

• Advertisement

from their website

For sales enquiries, please call:
    International Customer: +30 2111 200303
    UK Customer: 0871 4261680blank.gif
    International Agent:+30 2111 200303
    UK Agent: 0871 4261681

Thanks. Don't know why I didnt see it on the site... Your info is much appreciated!

qwytre wrote: »
    At what point would Travo get paid, is it after checkout or when the booking is made. Just trying to figure out the probability of the hotel not getting paid.

its likely to be a credit account, if 1800 dont pay their bills then Travco would close all the bookings as they havnt had the payment from 1800

its likely to be a credit account, if 1800 dont pay their bills then Travco would close all the bookings as they havnt had the payment from 1800

Cheers for the help. Hopefully my booking is still valid, at least I booked by credit card so there is hope of a refund in the worst case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

This is being given some airtime today on Joe Duffy on RTE Radio1 at 13:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Blogschief

Bad news for the people that work there. I always book with travel agent as they are bonded and your money is protected. Prices are no different and even better sometimes because they are searching several suppliers. Also I suspect that previous bloggers is wrong in saying that insurance covers you, I thinbk not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rayobri

I rang GTA and left a message.They got back to me and all they could say was my booking was still valid at this time and that they could give me no other information. They told me I needed to contact 1800hotels.ie. I explained that they were not answering and was told that was all they could do. I then said I would ring back every few days and was told it would be preferable to contact 1800hotels!!

The credit card I booked with was a halifax is no longer in use obviously so if booking gets cancelled I could be screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

The discussion is live on Liveline right now (2.14 p.m.)

I got a reply from Travco...

"1800hotels is in financial trouble and has not paid Travco substantial funds for past bookings and hence we had no alternative but to cancel many future bookings. "

So basically my booking is cancelled and 1800Hotels have kept my money. I will now try to claim it back from the credit card company.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

The discussion is live on Liveline right now (2.14 p.m.)

I don't have access to the radio at the moment - anything of note being said here?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭macl

+1 for bonded travel insurance

• Advertisement

People with more tales of woe! Bride & Groom called in from Malta. Wedding guests all booked with 1800hotels and now bookings not being honored. Also family stranded in london, same story. No word from 1800. No new info really...

Just spoke to YouTravel (in Athens) they say that 1800 have paid up until end of month, so any bookings would be ok until then. (again, "dont worry!") If any problem they will let us know. Waiting for more info from 1800. Problem is, our booking runs into Aug (2nd) so STILL no wiser really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 24hrhotels

1800hotels have most of their hotels with GTA, Youtravel & Travco. You are covered by your credit card. Just ring your credit card company and tell them 1800hotels has taken a payment and there is no hotel reservation. You will get a refund. On your voucher you should be able to distinguish who the Handler or Travel provider is. You can then contact them directly and rebook your Hotel.

Remember when you pay by card you are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

24hrhotels wrote: »
    1800hotels have most of their hotels with GTA, Youtravel & Travco. You are covered by your credit card. Just ring your credit card company and tell them 1800hotels has taken a payment and there is no hotel reservation. You will get a refund. On your voucher you should be able to distinguish who the Handler or Travel provider is. You can then contact them directly and rebook your Hotel.

Remember when you pay by card you are covered.

what about if you pay with laser card???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Tippex

JAMM222 wrote: »

Lasercards generally are not covered under the chargeback scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭steve-o

Blogschief wrote: »
    I always book with travel agent as they are bonded and your money is protected.
    Careful now! You are only covered by travel agent bonding if you buy a package. Hotel only or flight only is not covered. Always book by credit card wherever possible.

If confirmed, it's sad to see them go and terrible for anyone with immediate plans or anyone who has lost money.

JAMM222 wrote: »

I'd ring your bank and tell them your transaction has not been honoured and that you want a refund. Give it a shot anyway.

steve-o wrote: »
    Careful now! You are only covered by travel agent bonding if you buy a package. Hotel only or flight only is not covered. Always book by credit card wherever possible.

If confirmed, it's sad to see them go and terrible for anyone with immediate plans or anyone who has lost money.

Not all is lost. If you have made bookings with youtravel we are agents for them here in Ireland and may be able to help with rebooking. We only accept Credit Card or Paypal and you are covered by both.

First things first though, ring the credit card company immediately and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭aidanodr

On LIVELINE today ( 13 July 2010 ) - load of people caught out on holiday having to pay ... again. Apparently 1800 had not paid the hotels. Also a load of people with advance bookings having paid in full.

Maybe some return on credit cards?

PLUS go here - www.1800hotels.ie

GONE ....

Cheers
    AIdan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

We've had some people walk into the hotel with confirmation from 1800hotels, and while we've been able to accommodate them, we've had to get them to pay directly to us, as nothing gas come through from the company.

It's been like that for the last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

We were going to make a booking last week for a hotel for an elderly family member. Thankfully we were tipped off about what was going on.
    Feel for anybody who has holiday plans mucked up over this :(
    Hope yiz all get sorted out!

Advertisement