Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Masterpiece might be a ROTF Leader Class Repaint!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If that's true it' the laziest thing I've ever heard. A new low for HasTak :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

I find this hard to believe. There is a standard to MP and not one of the movie leaders matches.

Rereleasing a toy from last year as a MP is both lazy and money grabbing.
    (

They have been doing it for years .

Actually i heard of a masterpiece rodimus at the end of the year .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DualBladez

Actually i heard of a masterpiece rodimus at the end of the year .
    interesting

• Advertisement

Yes, it does smack of cynicism on the part of Takara, especially when the packaging art circulating shows the tattoos don't look any different from Hasbro's version,

Not least in that they will charge Masterpiece price for what was supposed to be a Leader class.

That said, it still *feels* like it was originally intended as a mainline mold, there's a sort of 'chunkiness' or 'robustness' to a lot of it that i haven't found in the MP line.

I'd put that down to the main lines being intended for kids (aswell as collectors) and need to be that bit more durable.

Indeed. I wonder how many five year olds got MP Skywarp for Xmas.... and how many of them are still intact.

I can only imagine. "Oh look a big Transformer and not too expensive..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I got MP Skywarp cheap from Argos.

Still MISB as I'm undecided about keeping it or finishing the set of Seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not interested in the coneheads. Not even a toy collector at all. MP Skywarp is the only one I have, but it'd be a shame to have Skywarp and not Thundercracker and Starscream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

[QUOTE=not_xanthor;66713504
    but it's still amusing to see people get their panties in a twist because their precious G1-centric line might be 'defiled' by a movie design.[/QUOTE]

Actually this seems to be a seperate Masterpiece line. Masterpiece Movie Starscream has a different designation than the others [ie. Masterpiece Prime was MP-01, Movie Starscream will be MP-M01]

I haven't really collected any of the Masterpieces [I have Prime and thats it] so adding Movie Screamer is definitely not my "panties in a twist"

Advertisement