Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator 3 / Predators (epic merge)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Galvasean wrote: »
    Looks good. Very spoilery though.

That's my main gripe. Between the different trailers I've seen I now know how nearly all the characters die.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Quality costumes. see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    I hope this is okay to post here (seems like the right thread :P), Ill be spreading the word a bit more but myself and 4 of my friends will be suiting up in Predator costumes (not the cheap ones mind you) for the premier on the 8th of July and 9th (maybe other dates, not too sure yet) to promote the film at Cineworld on Parnell St.

We will be there to raise a bit of money for Crumlins Childrens Hospital and to promote the film aswell as for a bit of craic...so pop along..get your photo taken with a pred and see the new film!

Below is the quality of costumes we will be wearing
    P7250410.jpg

That should make for a different view on Parnell street anyway,what time will you be there at on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

Frisbee wrote: »
    That's my main gripe. Between the different trailers I've seen I now know how nearly all the characters die.

You know I've dodged every bloody trailer for this film and clicked on here because a friend told me there was cool pics of guys dressed up like predators in Dublin, AND THEN I READ YOUR COMMENT.

If your p1ssed off that the trailers gave too much away, imagine how I feel after reading your post. Seriously, do you not know how to use spoliers????

The fact that you're a mod is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

geoffraffe wrote: »
    You know I've dodged every bloody trailer for this film and clicked on here because a friend told me there was cool pics of guys dressed up like predators in Dublin, AND THEN I READ YOUR COMMENT.

If your p1ssed off that the trailers gave too much away, imagine how I feel after reading your post. Seriously, do you not know how to use spoliers????

I fail to see what Frisbee gave away aside from the fact that characters die. Seems to fall in line with the whole Predator genre.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

veXual wrote: »
    I fail to see what Frisbee gave away aside from the fact that characters die. Seems to fall in line with the whole Predator genre.....

The first film had a similar trailer,showed a few of them getting the chop.

veXual wrote: »

He still should have put spoilers on it. It may fall in line with the other films, but still have some respect.

I like going into films without knowing anything about them. Subconsciously we all know that
    the characters die
    (was that so hard) in this film, but still, if this is a well directed Predator film, it should trick you into thinking that
    they all have a good chance of survival
    . Then you're surprised when
    they get destroyed
    . And it's loads of fun watching it.

Maybe it's just me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He still should have put spoilers on it. It may fall in line with the other films, but still have some respect.

I like going into films without knowing anything about them. Subconsciously we all know that
    the characters die
    (was that so hard) in this film, but still, if this is a well directed Predator film, it should trick you into thinking that
    they all have a good chance of survival
    . Then you're surprised when
    they get destroyed
    . And it's loads of fun watching it.

Maybe it's just me.
    Disagree there, in fact I think you're being oversensitive. It should be taken as a given that not every character's going to make it out of a movie like this, and as mentioned already, no specifics have been mentioned as to who dies. Unless you watch the latest trailer of course, and then you really will be spoiled, trust me.

It's par for the course in a genre / monster / slasher flick that each character will be picked off one by one until anywhere between 1 and 3 of the primary characters remain to showdown against the "Big Bad". Otherwise there's no tension and absolutely no sense of danger the threat poses. If anything, the fun's guessing who will live and who'll die.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If your p1ssed off that the trailers gave too much away, imagine how I feel after reading your post.

Your pissed off that I feel a trailer you haven't seen gives too much away? I fail to see how that is possibly spoiling anything for you
    Seriously, do you not know how to use spoliers????
    Yes

I fail to see what this has to do with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

surely it couldnt have been a serious post?

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    I fail to see what this has to do with anything.

I would like to apologise for my over-reaction yesterday. I was having a sh1tty day and saw your post and just went on a rant. Looking back I was out of line and your post didn't give anything away in the grand scheme of things. Enjoy the film mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

indough wrote: »
    surely it couldnt have been a serious post?

It was serious.........and don't call him shirley

that would be shirley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Empire's review is up, first I've seen:

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review.asp?FID=136706
    3/5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I was disappointed reading the above review but I'm still going to see the movie. I've waited long enough for a decent sequel and this still sounds, at the very least, decent.

I didn't even know Danny Trejo was cast in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The general view on this film from reviews around the web that while not brilliant it's still decent............that's good enough for me. I just didn't want another disaster on the Predator name.

The French seem to be the only ones who really don't like this film but as everyone is saying "Pffft, they're French!" :pac:

Bah, have to wait until next month for this! At least Inception is out in 10 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Is predators not out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, its definitely out here on Friday.

A better review here. Can't wait to see this.

im gonna have me some fun at this one

I would like to apologise for my over-reaction yesterday. I was having a sh1tty day and saw your post and just went on a rant. Looking back I was out of line and your post didn't give anything away in the grand scheme of things. Enjoy the film mate.

Awesome, no work for me so. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 llerena24

good post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I might go see this as well, rated 15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

indough wrote: »
    im gonna have me some fun at this one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Rotten Tomato reviewers seem alittle more enthusiastic:
    83% - 10 Fresh 2 Rotten

I personally cannot wait to see this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    I hope this is okay to post here (seems like the right thread :P), Ill be spreading the word a bit more but myself and 4 of my friends will be suiting up in Predator costumes (not the cheap ones mind you) for the premier on the 8th of July and 9th (maybe other dates, not too sure yet) to promote the film at Cineworld on Parnell St.

We will be there to raise a bit of money for Crumlins Childrens Hospital and to promote the film aswell as for a bit of craic...so pop along..get your photo taken with a pred and see the new film!

Below is the quality of costumes we will be wearing
    P7250410.jpg

What time will you be collecting at/from at cineworld tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭conorhal

Well, the reviews seem to be in line with my expectations, seriously, what has Robert Rodriguez ever done that showed any real talent or a spark of originality? He veers between fanboy wankfests, sub-Tarrantino genre flicks and really, really ****ty kids films. His best film so far was Grindhouse IMHO, because that was deliberately bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well I quite like Roberts work!

I thought it was pretty good, such a step up from the god awful AVP franchise. I thought the film kind of lost its way in the last third or so but yeah, I found it to be generally an enjoyable film.

Gonna see it tomorrow. Im not expecting Predator 1, but hopefully it will be a bit of fun and a few notched above AVP>

• Advertisement

Heh heh, brave man going tomorrow. :P

Advertisement