Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to film Rugby and other sports

• 30-06-2010 3:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am an indie film maker from Boston, USA and will be in Dublin to film some MMA fighters.

Since my film is about testosterone and how it is associated with both aggression and sexuality, I am seeking to film some adrenaline secreting sporting matches including Rugby.

Anyone know who I would ask?

I will be in Dublin from July 22-25th.

Thansk!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

your best bet is rugby league as it is a summer season, the rugby union season isn't until september. check www.RLI.ie and see what matches are on at the time your over. The Rugby League Ireland guys will be happy to facilitate you

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

I dont know if you're familiar with the Irish sports of Gaelic football and Hurling- which can both be quite physical- not as physical as rugby, although Hurling can be quite brutal, (30 big men armed with sticks) but both sports are in the middle of their seasons now and would be fairly easy to access.

www.gaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I dont know if you're familiar with the Irish sports of Gaelic football and Hurling- which can both be quite physical- not as physical as rugby, although Hurling can be quite brutal, (30 big men armed with sticks) but both sports are in the middle of their seasons now and would be fairly easy to access.

www.gaa.ie
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

:rolleyes:

sorry have to ask why the :rolleyes: reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

If anyone can help the OP with his/her specific request re: Rugby specifically, do so. Lets not turn this into a rugby V Gaa thread. Life's too short. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Ya I have to ask about the :rolleyes: reply myself.

I have absolutely no interest in GAA at all. I dont support it, have never played it. I play and support rugby as I have all my life.

If you read the title of the thread he asked about rugby and other sports- as rugby, well union at least, is not being played now I was trying to be helpful and suggest sports that would. Mindful that the OP was making a documentary and was from the US, I suggested the GAA as it might be interesting/unusual and both sports are at the more physical end of the sporting spectrum and even less know in the US than rugby.

If there is going to be a GAA-rugby debate I certainly wont be on the GAA side and it wont be me who started it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lcf02139

I have looked into GAA and have already e-mailed the RLI.

I will be in Dublin to film the MMA fights on July 24th and having some other sporting competitions would be helpful.

Lawrence Ferrara

Advertisement