Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science :)

Comments

• Easiest science paper in years! Most questions were easy with few providing a challenge whatsoever :P I mean, cmon, 3 graphs to draw? Without study that's 40 marks. Hope I got my A as only got a B in the mocks, spent too much on history mock and not on science :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Easiest science paper in years! Most questions were easy with few providing a challenge whatsoever :P I mean, cmon, 3 graphs to draw? Without study that's 40 marks. Hope I got my A as only got a B in the mocks, spent too much on history mock and not on science :p

are you including the bar chart in that yes? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Easiest science paper in years! Most questions were easy with few providing a challenge whatsoever :P I mean, cmon, 3 graphs to draw? Without study that's 40 marks. Hope I got my A as only got a B in the mocks, spent too much on history mock and not on science :p

I know, and all the experiments asked were common sense. Like the test for fat. Could that be any easier? And the one on magnetism. I mean come on, all you do is put a magnet on a retort stand and hold another up to it. Great exam :):D

• kevin12345 wrote: »
    are you including the bar chart in that yes? :confused:

Yeah sorry :p Still easy though :)

Yeah sorry :p Still easy though :)

Thank god i thought I forgot a graph :D

Oh and for the adaptations of fish? Are fins adaptations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aabbccddeeff

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Ya, I think Kevin's right.
    I ticked the boxes in the blue lab book the main thing with the two experiments but were there more to tick in the green one the coursework a one..?

• kevin12345 wrote: »
    Thank god i thought I forgot a graph :D

Oh and for the adaptations of fish? Are fins adaptations?

I'm guessing so, I said fins/tails and gills :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lads Im sorry but I havn't paid attention in Science in 2yrs, wrote up my experiments last night, gave up studying and just read random pages(then went on msn) even I most likely got a B in it -_-
    And I didnt study any practicals nor equations (I had enough to be learning apart form them) What happens? No equations and simple experiments :D
    It was defo an easier paper compared to other years though, last night I couldnt answer anything...

Also I'd say thats to make up for those 2 special experiments we had to write up. Because those compared to other years were much harder, so they gave an easy paper to compensate..

Anyway I did daycent in Science :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I ticked the boxes in the blue lab book the main thing with the two experiments but were there more to tick in the green one the coursework a one..?
    Blue lab book? The book where you actually wrote up all the experiments?

In the green book where you wrote up on your one day practicals there were boxes in the first few pages that you had to tick :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

it was an easy enough paper
    the only 1 i wasn't really sure on was the one about magnesium and magnesium but everything else was fairly okay

• Advertisement

Blue lab book? The book where you actually wrote up all the experiments?

In the green book where you wrote up on your one day practicals there were boxes in the first few pages that you had to tick :/

k i dont no wa ur on about..was there one or two books we had to tick..?? if there was one then i did it if there was two then im fcukd

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

That Science was very easy, i knew all the experiments that came up ( unusual ) and an A is waiting for me!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

k i dont no wa ur on about..was there one or two books we had to tick..?? if there was one then i did it if there was two then im fcukd
    Book 1:There was a book where you had to write up all the mandatory experiments you were meant to have done over the 3 years. (Some schools just use a hardback to do this)

Book 2:This was the green book we got a few months ago when we had to write up our one day practical experiments (on 2 of: "factors affecting the distance a toy car travels after rolling down a slope", "the best indigestion remedy" and there was one more on Biology, something about plants). It was in this book that you had to tick the boxes saying you had completed book 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

thxs a mil guys :D really hate science thank god for de 35 percent ;)

You mightn't of gotten all of that. And you have to pass the written exam to get the 35% anyway...

Twas alright. Most people finished by the first hour in my hall. I was finished around half 10, but I read over everything a few times, fixing answers, diagrams. Fixed quite a few things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

I know, and all the experiments asked were common sense. Like the test for fat. Could that be any easier? And the one on magnetism. I mean come on, all you do is put a magnet on a retort stand and hold another up to it. Great exam :):D

Wait, do you think I'd get any marks if I drew a diagram of two bar magnets with the south poles of each repelling? It said a 'simple experiment' so maybe??

kevin12345 wrote: »
    What are they made of or something answer was DNA and protein :D

I said thattt. :D

Caught wrote: »
    I said thattt. :D

et moi!

that paper was great imo! I'm just kinda worried bout the experiment with the magnets :/ sure hopefully it's only worth like 3/6 marks!

What organs does the skull protect? I said the brain and the sensory organs? (eyes, nose etc.) I got kinda stuck on this one :/

katiemce wrote: »
    et moi!

that paper was great imo! I'm just kinda worried bout the experiment with the magnets :/ sure hopefully it's only worth like 3/6 marks!

What organs does the skull protect? I said the brain and the sensory organs? (eyes, nose etc.) I got kinda stuck on this one :/

Well I know the tongue is an organ so I said that??? as well as the brain..

et moi!

I said brain and eyes.

Yeah, the LSMS book was great. My book had 50 huge chapters. I'm getting all the LSMS books for the leaving. :D

Well I know the tongue is an organ so I said that??? as well as the brain..

It is?? Wow. I genuinely did not know that!! Wish I did though :/

• Advertisement

Can someone pleease answer my question on the magnetism experiment?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Can someone pleease answer my question on the magnetism experiment?

yeah id say you would :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 schtroumpf94

How do you balance an equation?
    e.g. CaCO3 + 2HCl ---> CO2 + H2O + CaCl2

I noticed it was in past papers but we never did it in class :confused:

See you need 2 hydrogens and 2 chlorines for it, so that makes it balanced :)

It is?? Wow. I genuinely did not know that!! Wish I did though :/

I thought the tongue was a muscle? I said the inner ear cos I couldn't for the life of me think of an organ other than the brain that's actually inside the skull :L I wasn't sure they'd accept eyes cos they're technically outside the skull...oh well, it was a sticky one xD

Wait, do you think I'd get any marks if I drew a diagram of two bar magnets with the south poles of each repelling? It said a 'simple experiment' so maybe??

see the key to that question (like the like charges of plastic rods repelling) is that one of them has to be freely suspended...but you might get something depending on your description :)

I thought the tongue was a muscle? I said the inner ear cos I couldn't for the life of me think of an organ other than the brain that's actually inside the skull :L I wasn't sure they'd accept eyes cos they're technically outside the skull...oh well, it was a sticky one xD

It is infact an organ :)http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-140708407.html

haha okay then :) It was an awkward sort of question :l

Book 1:There was a book where you had to write up all the mandatory experiments you were meant to have done over the 3 years. (Some schools just use a hardback to do this)

Book 2:This was the green book we got a few months ago when we had to write up our one day practical experiments (on 2 of: "factors affecting the distance a toy car travels after rolling down a slope", "the best indigestion remedy" and there was one more on Biology, something about plants). It was in this book that you had to tick the boxes saying you had completed book 1.
    oh thank god i did that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

How do you balance an equation?
    e.g. CaCO3 + HCl ---> CO2 + H2O + CaCl2

I noticed it was in past papers but we never did it in class :confused:

Well it's a little now, but just incase you do it for the leaving, heres how to do it.

CaCO3 + 2HCl ---> CO2 + H2O + CaCl2
    Write how many atoms there are in each element.
    Ca=1
    >C=1
    C=1
    >O=2
    O=3
    >H=2
    H=12
    >O=1
    Cl=12
    >Ca=1
    >Cl=2
    So there is 2 clorines on the right and only one on the left. Add a big two to the left. Now we have two H and two Cl.

Everything else is grand, so it's balanced!

This is amazing, as it saves you learning them all off.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Really relieved that this paper was not hard at all.

What if you had both magnets hanging from strings and you said to push North to North?

Advertisement