Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert History 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

brianw1 wrote: »
    can somebody answer these few questions for me, much appreciatedbiggrin.gif

1) Alot of people are goin on about pop culture coming up, I know the anglo american pop culture essay but im certain thats in the 1920s and 1930s

what would you basically put into a pop culture essay thats set around the 50s and 60s...or is this even possible to come up?

2) what does subjective and objective mean

3) I know cng ff, jarrow, rise of fascism, vietnam and 1918 GE. going to learn improvements in intechnology and anti semetism today

are there any other massivly tipped essays that i have left out?

ty
    1. I can't see them limiting the essay with dates.
    2. Subjective means allowing you're personal feelings come into making a decision/being biased. E.g. if you're given a source by a unionist and he's criticizing the nationalists on something, you could say he's being subjective. Objective's the opposite.

3. The Churches in Germany and Italy. Rise of SF, Anglo-American popular culture.

I'd literally wet my self if they came up:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Just a quick question in relation to the essay's in the exam. A friend of mine heard that you need to quotes as part of your essay and that you need more sources than just the history book. Is this true ? Personally i'm not so sure but if it is then my history teacher has really left us in the dark.

Thanks.

Your friend heard wrong.Not true at all. You don't even need to quote, let alone use quotes from texts other than your history books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LeeLeepet

belfast world war 2,
    sunningdale,
    church state relations with fascist leaders,
    vietnam

They are the soundest ones floating around. however NOT to be relied on - couldn't hurt to know them though. also CASE STUDIES.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭hokeypokey

theowen wrote: »
    1. I can't see them limiting the essay with dates.
    2. Subjective means allowing you're personal feelings come into making a decision/being biased. E.g. if you're given a source by a unionist and he's criticizing the nationalists on something, you could say he's being subjective. Objective's the opposite.

3. The Churches in Germany and Italy. Rise of SF, Anglo-American popular culture.

I'd literally wet my self if they came up:rolleyes:

What American topic do you want to come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

What are the four most tipped essays? I'm only learning four per book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

fufureida wrote: »
    What are the four most tipped essays? I'm only learning four per book

Focus on the case studies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

I pretty much know Coleraine and the Ab's.

So i have a 66% chance of bein alright.

if sunningdale comes up i'll go crazy , havent a clue about it , well i havent studied it i mean. it's 6 pages long in less stress :Z

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

My teacher was saying about the in-service things they had about the Document question.

She said they had one each for Coleraine and Sunningdale and then another one for all 3 but none for Apprentice Boys on its own so tbh it looks like it'd be the least likely to come up. I'm not saying leave it out though but personally, I'm concentrating on the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

dodgystuff wrote: »
    My teacher was saying about the in-service things they had about the Document question.

She said they had one each for Coleraine and Sunningdale and then another one for all 3 but none for Apprentice Boys on its own so tbh it looks like it'd be the least likely to come up. I'm not saying leave it out though but personally, I'm concentrating on the other two.

i'm gonna have to learn sunningdale now:( its so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

wats da other essay dat could come up on sunningdale??i no da why it failed one! is der another one? :)

• Advertisement

jenjenxx wrote: »
    wats da other essay dat could come up on sunningdale??i no da why it failed one! is der another one? :)

steps to establish sunnigdale. I need to prepare points on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

hokeypokey wrote: »
    What American topic do you want to come up?
    I've 8 essays, and I'd be happy with either really:p

Perhaps the decline of the economy just because I got 93% in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 repeat92

im repeatin this godforsaken leaving cert.. last yr i did a fairly good job of predicting history. i got an A1. after some intense analysis of the exam papers theres what i think

sunningdale because its broad and theres so much that could be asked on it whereas coleraine and apprentice boys in are small and i would expect an honours question to be asked here

eucharistic congress( priests scandal) plus it didnt come up last yr
    belfast ww2..

church state relations.( 100% sure its coming up as sean delap from leeson strt tipped it for last yr but didnt show so he said it has to come up this yr)
    show trials
    possibly jarrow march

foreign policy.
    johnson and veitnam
    moonlanding.. theres no way montgommerry would come up it came up lasy yr.

this is all im studying..im praying for the best..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

repeat92 wrote: »
    im repeatin this godforsaken leaving cert.. last yr i did a fairly good job of predicting history. i got an A1. after some intense analysis of the exam papers theres what i think

sunningdale because its broad and theres so much that could be asked on it whereas coleraine and apprentice boys in are small and i would expect an honours question to be asked here

eucharistic congress( priests scandal) plus it didnt come up last yr
    belfast ww2..

church state relations.( 100% sure its coming up as sean delap from leeson strt tipped it for last yr but didnt show so he said it has to come up this yr)
    show trials
    possibly jarrow march

foreign policy.
    johnson and veitnam
    moonlanding.. theres no way montgommerry would come up it came up lasy yr.

this is all im studying..im praying for the best..:p

Why are you repeating history when you got an A1? Makes no sense lol

ha just coz i got an A1 in history doesnt mean i did well in everything else.. i didnt get the points i wanted..

Hmmm... Priest scandal WTF???

you know the whole priests thing that was in the media.. look you can either agree or disagree with my predictions. your choice..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Why are you repeating history when you got an A1? Makes no sense lol
    You can't use last years points, so obviously he's counting on his history points.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I pretty much know Coleraine and the Ab's.

So i have a 66% chance of bein alright.

if sunningdale comes up i'll go crazy , havent a clue about it , well i havent studied it i mean. it's 6 pages long in less stress :Z
    Just learn 'Why it Failed'. I think thats the main question they ask really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Thanks repeat92, that's a pretty helpful list. I'm repeating myself, just after taking up History as a new subject this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 DayTripper

Thanks repeat92, that's a pretty helpful list. I'm repeating myself, just after taking up History as a new subject this year!

... you're feckin crazy.

Seriously, just wow. That's an awful lot to learn in one year! :eek:
    Hope all goes well for you in the exam (and me :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I'm so nervous for tomorrow :(
    French and history!
    :confused:
    I'm going over the case studies today and the documents that's all I have time to do because I have to study for french as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 neilquiksilver

im so screwed for this tomorrow i hope cumann na ngaedhael, pureges, church state relations, moonlanding nd boom in america come up im so screed if they dnt nd sunningdale of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

HELP! totally 4got bot da documents, sunningdales grand, but wat could dey ask on coleraine ( da long part of it)
    any1??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

I hope coleraine comes up cz its d easiest.. but the questions has to be fairly broad since its a fairly short document question and there doesnt seem to be much they can ask..so i'd just study it broadly but thts my opinion sry if im wrong .. same with abod too thts y Sunningdale has a better chance of coming up i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

jenjenxx wrote: »
    HELP! totally 4got bot da documents, sunningdales grand, but wat could dey ask on coleraine ( da long part of it)
    any1??
    Just the events, a summary type question I suppose. Just write about the Robbins report as the precedent, the criteria used in choosing, Magee College, the outrage afterwards, the protests, the united prot/cath campaign and then a bit about the "nameless faceless men".

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

ok i know the answer is probs no
    but is this enough to cover the irish book???
    rise of election of sinn fein
    finna fail economy
    cnag economy
    and
    Anglo Irish relations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Mwah wrote: »
    ok i know the answer is probs no
    but is this enough to cover the irish book???
    rise of election of sinn fein
    finna fail economy
    cnag economy
    and
    Anglo Irish relations

You'd be really stretching it I'm afraid, you'd have to know it fairly inside out. I'm just going to do my usual shotgun approach and learn a bit of all the chapters and then fire it onto the page in wherever the info fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

:(:(
    ok im gonna look over 1916 and home rule aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

im hoping for a b2 this year. i got a b3 last year with really ****ty essays so i hope i actually get a few nice ones this time around

Advertisement