Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hypnosis to stop smoking!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pnixonp

laurak265 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I'm so sick of smoking but i just can't seem to stop :mad: I was thinking of trying hypnosis...has anyone tried it or know someone it worked for? All advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Laura
    There are a lot of problems associated with smoking which people face like problem with respiratory system, heart and many more. Chantix helps you to get over this smoking habit and before you can make up your mind about using it, you can check the information related on http://www.chantixhome.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hypnotherapy

Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy is the largest body of professionally trained Hypnotherapists in Ireland.

ICHP web www.hypnosiseire.com

ICHP Members List http://www.hypnosiseire.com/members 2008/members 2008.htm

There you can choose from over 250 Hypnotherapists.

Before attending a Hypnotherapist make sure they have the following in place.

Hypnotherapists Ethics Check List.
    • Completed a DCH, DHP or ADHP with a reputable training institution.
    • Is trained in Hypnoanalytical Psychotherapy.
    • Offers Brief Solution-Focused Hypnopsychotherapy.
    • Is a member in good standing of an established association, or the ICHP.
    • Abides by a Code of Ethics & Practice and is able to produce copy of the code whenever requested to do so.
    • Offer a free explanatory Brochure clearly covering the therapy and the cost procedures involved, duration of therapy. On this free explanatory Brochure to clearly print the following wording - "If a client has any genuine cause for concern then they have Immediate access to the ICHP Legal & Disciplinary Procedures Committee. Firstly they should produce a detailed outline of their grievance in writing and forward it to the ICHP HQ - Therapy House, 6 Tuckey Street, Cork City - enclosing all relevant information regarding their complaint"
    • Participates in ongoing supervision which is recorded on an appropriate form countersigned by the supervisor, and is able to produce an up-to-date copy whenever requested to do so.
    • Regards new members from June 2001 onwards - completed 450 Supervised client hours before ICHP Accreditation.
    • Covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance and is able to produce a copy of this certificate whenever requested to do so.
    • Is a registered hypnotherapist with the National Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy Register (IRL).
    • Offers a client / therapist contract.
    • Offers both Suggestion Therapy and Analytical Therapy.
    • Offers personalised Hypnotherapy audio tapes for outcome reinforcement.
    • The ICHP Post-Graduate Association is a member of the EAHP - European Association of Hypnopsychotherapists.
    • Participates in On-going ICHP Post Graduate Training.
    • Participates in ICHP Professional Development Programme (14 Hrs Annually).
    • Does not countermand the medication or treatment prescribed by the client's doctor.
    • Ensures that physical symptoms that require medical diagnosis and treatment be referred to a medical doctor before any therapeutic intervention is administered.
    • Has the contact details of their ICHP Association on their Explanatory Brochure including Website & Email e.g.
      Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy PGA

www.hypnosiseire.com
      hypnosis@iol.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ImustavKlimt

My friend swears by paul golden,personally i couldnt afford their fee's.Cheaper buying my bensons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

My friend swears by paul golden,personally i couldnt afford their fee's.Cheaper buying my bensons.

:pac:
    You must be a light smoker :D
    Some clinics do charge a fortune. But when you consider that the average 20 a day smoker will spend nearly 3 grand per year on cigarettes....it's worth re-considering your comment. Look at the sums yourself.

Average smoker will smoke 20 cigarettes per day.
    A 20 pack of cigarettes on average costs €8.

Daily €8
    Weekly €56
    Monthly €243
    Yearly €2,920

You can buy an average family car for €8 a day and own it in 4 - 5 years with interest paid!

I'm a clinical hypnotherapist myself and I charge €200 for a quit smoking session. I cannot advertise here so please do not ask for contact info publicly or by PM'ing me. I just wanted to set you straight on what you should expect to pay. There is a register of professional hypnotherapists at www.theirishhypnotistregister.com

It's very useful and it's a free service to find professional hypnotists all over Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tonidowdall

Hi, I am going to see Paula Cummins to day, are you still off smoking ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Two friends give up using hypnosis. Would be worth a go.

A week off them today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 cgan086

Hi everyone.
    I don't mean to be a downer for any one. Hypnosis is brill. when i was 19 i was hypnotised. It was like magic.It felt like i never smoked. however i was stupid and started again 6 weeks later. total i've been smoking over 11 years. I started taking champix and havent smoked over 3 1/2 months. thank god., if you need advice i will give it. questions are welcome:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

A friend of mine and her sister were very strong smokers and people I never thought would be able to give up. They both went for hypnosis and both succeeded.

Thanks for thr reply Dungeon. The good news is I am free from smoking one month this coming Wednesday. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 footmaster

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience with Hypnosis!!

I have been recently to a Hypnotherapist and found it wonderful.
    The reason I went was to get rid of 2 stone that I just couldnt seem to shift.I have battled with weight issues always and know all there is to know about healthy eating and diets, but I had no will power this time.

My husband also went to give up the cigarettes and found it very easy after having tried many times before with patches, gum and even tablets from the doctor and failed every time due to the cravings for nicotine.
    But there was very little cravings this time and on seeing how well he was doing, I thought to myself, why not give it a try.

Its only been a little over a week or more but already I can see and feel the difference and friends have noticed too even thought I havent told them. So things are looking very well for us and we can only praise Hypnosis as it has helped us both, giving us a feeling of control and not depair!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kiferea

Hi everyone, I'm going to see Paula Cummins in Wicklow town this weekend. She had a fantastic article in a magazine and I decided to book a session.

I'm really looking forward to it and I'll let you know how I get on. I have tried the patches twice this year and fallen off the wagon after my 3 months with them on. I also have a box of gum at home when I get those days where Im MISERABLE at the thoughts of smoking 20 a day and feel like giving it a go again. It never works, so I feel I need someone to re-programme me to be absoultuley disgusted at the thoughts of smoking for it to take effect.

I have paid 300 euros to Paula Cummins last year, still smoking 15 a day. Will try Nicorrette patches :( Feel like it was an absolute waste of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Just wanted to mention Susan Hepburn's book "Quit Smoking in One Hour". It's a book and a cd with the actual hypnosis on it. If you can't aford a few hundred euro to see a live hypnotherapist, this is the next best thing. And it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,088 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just make sure that it's YOU that wants to become a non-smoker, not your partner or doctor or kids. It must be something you want in order for there to be no resistance whatsover to the permanent change you're making.

This is where i've a problem, I really don't have the motivation to stop, i'm quite content to keep smoking myself into oblivion. My sense of smell is nearly fully gone. I did try and stop for a few days but the over powering smell of ordinary things made me feel sick. A pub toilet was a no go.
    I'm just one of these feck it i'll just do it people, any chance hypnosis could work for me. Have tried a few other things, all failed. tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 exsmo

try http://www.whatifyoucouldstopsmoking.com worked for me and theres a money back guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sue Zanna

Its so obvious you and Perewee are Paula Cummins, you sound exactly like an advert for her. Tone it down next time.

Hi everyone, I'm going to see Paula Cummins in Wicklow town this weekend. She had a fantastic article in a magazine and I decided to book a session.

I'm really looking forward to it and I'll let you know how I get on. I have tried the patches twice this year and fallen off the wagon after my 3 months with them on. I also have a box of gum at home when I get those days where Im MISERABLE at the thoughts of smoking 20 a day and feel like giving it a go again. It never works, so I feel I need someone to re-programme me to be absoultuley disgusted at the thoughts of smoking for it to take effect.

Ah we know your paula....:p

Aryelle wrote: »
    Just saw your posting and see you live in Co Wicklow where I went for my hypnosis session to Paula Cummins in Wicklow Town. Her number is 0404 61198 and email p.cummins@esatclear.ie.

You'll see I posted some other messages on how I found this amazing session. And she's cheaper than most other hypnotists offering quit smoking with a 98% success. Best of luck.

Shes 300 euro...not cheap, most are 100 mrs cummins...with respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Aryelle

Sue Zanna wrote: »
    Its so obvious you and Perewee are Paula Cummins, you sound exactly like an advert for her. Tone it down next time.

While I cannot speak on the other person's behalf that you have spoken about in such an accusatory way in your posting, I can speak on my own behalf.

Sounds like you have a gripe against those of us who have taken the time to get effective help in quitting smoking and want to share our positive experiences online. You really need to get a life and quit telling people who you think they are and what they should be writing on Boards.ie.

What gives you the authority to tell anybody what to write here in this independent forum and accuse them of being an ad for their positive experiences.

Are you a smoker who cannot quit and decides to ridicule and resent those who have been successful?

Perhaps you would be a happier and more contented person if you gave yourself the gift of anger management therapy! At the very least you would get out more................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ceduffy

there are a lot of company's offering hypnosis to quit smoking which i believe is very good its also offered on the internet for less money i know people who tried it and it worked for them

• Advertisement

Aryelle wrote: »
    While I cannot speak on the other person's behalf that you have spoken about in such an accusatory way in your posting, I can speak on my own behalf.

Sounds like you have a gripe against those of us who have taken the time to get effective help in quitting smoking and want to share our positive experiences online. You really need to get a life and quit telling people who you think they are and what they should be writing on Boards.ie.

What gives you the authority to tell anybody what to write here in this independent forum and accuse them of being an ad for their positive experiences.

Are you a smoker who cannot quit and decides to ridicule and resent those who have been successful?

Perhaps you would be a happier and more contented person if you gave yourself the gift of anger management therapy! At the very least you would get out more................

Meooww.... cats got claws... while i may assume that i know you are paula, you've also made many false assumption of me so we are not so different. And im actually a very loving and social person so i wont argue with you. All the best.

By the way friends, in case you believe the above assumptions of me, I do support hypnosis and would recommend it to all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Blackrocks

There's only ONE hypnotherapist that works permanently. His name is Larry McMahon - Ballinskelligs. Highly qualified and treats many conditions but there are MANY people in Tralee and all around Europe that have visited him with astounding results. larrymcmahon.com

exsmo wrote: »
    try http://www.whatifyoucouldstopsmoking.com worked for me and theres a money back guarantee

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eve38

Hi footmaster,
    I am delighted to hear of the results you had with hypnotherapy. I have some issues with social anxiety and really want a good recommendation of a hypnotherapist. Could you pass on the details to me please, I'd really appreciate it very much.
    Thanks
    Eve38

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

Blackrocks wrote: »
    There's only ONE hypnotherapist that works permanently. His name is Larry McMahon - Ballinskelligs. Highly qualified and treats many conditions but there are MANY people in Tralee and all around Europe that have visited him with astounding results. larrymcmahon.com
    That the guy who was claiming to cure, or help you cure yourself, of ME. OP be wary of hypnois. Any of these organisations are not recognised by anyone to my knowledge. I could set up as a hypnotist now and could set up a register of hypnosis. If you are abused by a hypnotis/therapistwho do you go to that has any power over them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tbrma

I am sure there are many good hypnotherapists out there at the same time it is better to go to someone who is recommended-I have travelled to Tom Tynan in Dublin, and so have many of my friends - all quit smoking in one session was 150 euro not sure if it has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Liverpool99

Do you have contact details for Tom Tynan. I called a Hypnosis in Eniscorthy Wexord to day and he is charging 250 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tbrma

Do you have contact details for Tom Tynan. I called a Hypnosis in Eniscorthy Wexord to day and he is charging 250 euro

hi - 018530861is the number. he has a therapy practice you could google for web site Integrative Therapy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

I was smoking 30 fags a day, and went to a hypnotist. I have not smoked since and that was 10 years ago.

Advertisement