Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Joanna Newsom

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Her voice has definitely lost some of its harshness after her operation. It's quite evident when you hear her sing some of her older material.

I think it's made her a little more accessible as friends I have really enjoyed her vocal performance on Jools when I wasn't expecting them to at all.

orgies while watching jools :eek::eek::eek: tut tut

what's your address?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

* 9/14/10
    * Dublin
    (Grand Canal Theatre)

* 9/16/10
    * Bristol

* 9/17/10
    * Birmingham

* 9/18/10
    * Manchester

* 9/20/10
    * Glasgow

* 9/21/10
    * Gateshead

There ye go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

God I hate Americanised dates. What f*ck came up with that sh*t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Kold wrote: »

Some American no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

I'm not one to get excited but in this case:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

....Ahem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

* 9/14/10
    * Dublin
    (Grand Canal Theatre)
    Kold wrote: »

At least "Theatre" is spelt (or spelled across the pond) correctly, and it isn't Theater.
    I hate this Americanized crap too.

I was in a fairly rural pub a few weeks ago and they were playing the Ys cd. I couldn't believe my ears. I reckon this will sell out fast as her popularity is steadily growing. Pity there's no Cork date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

* 9/14/10
    * Dublin
    (Grand Canal Theatre)

There ye go!!!

If I could uber-thank you, I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I am tingling all over!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

<SNIP>

Please use toutless.com or adverts.ie for ticket swaps and selling

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Tickets for Dublin go on sale tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Just curious why she chose the Grand Canal theatre. Is that a good place for the acoustics..

Just curious why she chose the Grand Canal theatre. Is that a good place for the acoustics..

Haven't been to it yet but it looks like an amazinf venue. I think the only other place in dublin i'd rather see her is the NCH.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ticketmaster has her listed as Joanna Newson for some reason. Hopefully it means a few people will waste valuable seconds searching in the morning :P If I miss these tickets, I'll cry.

Ticketmaster has her listed as Joanna Newson for some reason. Hopefully it means a few people will waste valuable seconds searching in the morning :P If I miss these tickets, I'll cry.
    You should sign up to their email serivce. They tip you off whenever an artist is playing so you knnow in advance.

You should sign up to their email serivce. They tip you off whenever an artist is playing so you knnow in advance.

I'm pretty sure I already have for a couple of bands (Joanna included), but I think the irregularity with the name meant there were no emails sent around. If you look up Joanna Newsom, you don't get the Irish date, only if you search for Joanna Newson do you get it listed as an entirely different artist.

I'm pretty sure I already have for a couple of bands (Joanna included), but I think the irregularity with the name meant there were no emails sent around. If you look up Joanna Newsom, you don't get the Irish date, only if you search for Joanna Newson do you get it listed as an entirely different artist.
    Oh I see. Thats annoying alright. How much does the theatre hold. Are these tickets expected to go very quickly?

Oh I see. Thats annoying alright. How much does the theatre hold. Are these tickets expected to go very quickly?

2111 capacity apparently. I'd say it will go quick enough - it mightn't sell out instantly, but tbh I don't take chances any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Very nice looking venue!
    Auditorium_581x378.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sigh if I wasn't a poor student that's just bought tickets to Phillip Glass and James Holden :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Well, did ye all get tickets? Got mine sorted, looking forward to it now!

• Advertisement

Ya all booked up, kinda annoyed as i forgot about it at 9, didn't end up booking til nearly 10

Yup, sorted, 5 rows back in the stalls. Very excited, looks like a great venue and her last gig over here was the best gig I've been to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

**** i don't get paid til monday, i want to see her so bad!!!!! her albums have blown me away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Yup, sorted, 5 rows back in the stalls. Very excited, looks like a great venue and her last gig over here was the best gig I've been to!

I'm in row E too - happy days. If it's half as good as her Olympia gig it'll be a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Wow she's going to be in the Sage in Newcastle round the corner from me!

<- Making happy face. :)

DapperGent wrote: »
    Wow she's going to be in the Sage in Newcastle round the corner from me!

<- Making happy face. :)

amazing venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yeah I've been four times since I moved here. Love the place. :)

Has she announced more UK dates?

Has she announced more UK dates?
    Weirdly enough I can reply to this 5 years later.

Uk and European tour announced today but this time with no irish date as of yet.

Got me front row tickets for London earlier. That's twice in a row now. Can't believe 5 years have passed since the last time she toured over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Can't believe its 5 years since that gig in the Grand Canal Theatre. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the new album. Hopefully she pops by Ireland when touring.

Advertisement