Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

I still love going a looking at the 96' European MTV music awards, now that's balls :P

Nothing touches 87' Hetfield live vocals as far as metal concerned for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I still love going a looking at the 96' European MTV music awards, now that's balls :P

Nothing touches 87' Hetfield live vocals as far as metal concerned for me.
    I have fond memories of watching A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica back in 1992ish. The segment where they played Harvester of Sorrow in Moscow was amazing. You really could feel the energy from the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I couldn't possibly name only ten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

I'll probably get killed for sayin this but..

Why does everyone hate St.Anger so much?
    i like it:p

but its not the only metallica album i like though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

storm2811 wrote: »
    Why does everyone hate St.Anger so much?

Because it's cool to. You like it? Get out of here. Pfffft n00b. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Antrim Hotels

Going to see them Tuesday and Wednesday night in Belfast. i cannont wait

i hope they play
    Creeping Death
    Battery
    All Nightmare Long
    Fade To Black (favourite)
    Sanitarium (another favourite)

Thers so fecking many

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I so wish I was going to see them in Belfast, it would be nice to see them a 7th and 8th time, and yes I'd gladly pay another 18 times over....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Going to see them Tuesday and Wednesday night in Belfast. i cannont wait
    /QUOTE]

Ditto, am standing both nights. I cant feckin wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Going to see them both nights can't wait (I have exams the morning after both shows though :P) Unfortunately I could only get seating tickets. First Metallica concert I have gone to where I won't be in the front row :(
    Id say we will get at least 8 Death Magnetic songs over both nights. Don't think they will play Whiskey though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just a day to go for most of you lucky people in Northern Ireland, and indeed elsewhere, coming to see Metallica in Belfast....pity the support sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Less than 24 hours now....can't wait.:cool:

Motley, I have to disagree with you there :eek:, Volbeat are excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not sure if this is ok in here but the Missus Sister and her husband are stuck in Tenerife because of the ash. The had tickets for he Belfast gig so if anyone is looking for 2 I can give you the number of the guy that has them (face value obviously but you could probably drive him down a bit :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

metallica tomorrow night!! get in!

havent seen them since '06 in the RDS

they will play whiskey if you shout loud enough during the encore!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

VES86 wrote: »
    they will play whiskey if you shout loud enough during the encore!

And miss out on something quality? No Chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 langerdan2112

Pity they haven`t released a decent album in over 20 years! (Just like Maiden). I await your abuse :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Im far from a Metallica hater and I would hazard a guess that Ive been listening to them longer than you have been alive given your just super funny user name,what I hate is pointless threads like this one.

I would hazard a guess that you aint been listening to Metallica longer than myself as ive been a Metallica fan since they released Kill em All

Thumbs up for the Metallica Super thread

Pity they haven`t released a decent album in over 20 years! (Just like Maiden). I await your abuse :eek:

.......Death Magnetic........

• Registered Users Posts: 14 langerdan2112

There was a time (from around 86-91) when Metallica were the coolest band on the planet. Seen them in the Top Hat in October 89, both nights. Amazing. I`ve tried and tried to get into their last few albums but it`s no use. They just ain`t got it anymore. I wish it wasn`t so. I just keep it to the first four or five albums these days. (BTW - let`s not take this forum stuff too seriously)

There was a time (from around 86-91) when Metallica were the coolest band on the planet. Seen them in the Top Hat in October 89, both nights. Amazing. I`ve tried and tried to get into their last few albums but it`s no use. They just ain`t got it anymore. I wish it wasn`t so. I just keep it to the first four or five albums these days. (BTW - let`s not take this forum stuff too seriously)

yea they were at their peak in them years, whats makes Metallica so special for me is because on the estate were i lived growing up I was the only metaller everyone else was in to the emerging rave scene but i didnt give a fook what people said to me as I was just so into the music. I use have a getoblaster with the MOP RTL nad AJFA albums id bring out in the summer just to drown out all the gay rave music the others were playing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Load was a decent album. ReLoad & St W****r were rubbish. Death Magnetic was a return to form, of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Anyone in belfast tomorrow night? I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

What a great show last night, Bells, Creeping Death, Fade to Black, Sanotarium all the usuals, finished with Breadfan, whiplash, Seek & Destroy encrore absolute fukin class, anyone goin tonite will not be dissapointed.

Any vids on Youtube yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Any vids on Youtube yet?
    Judging by the amount of ignoramuses with Iphones and the like last night obstructing my view, I'd say there'll be plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Any vids on Youtube yet?

I'm not gonna get a chance now to put stuff up - might leave it with a mate, otherwise it will be next week......

enjoy the concert guys!!

Today Metallica discussion? What is the Kirk hammets best guitar solo? :D

For me no question the one from the song To Live is to Die about 3/4 minutes in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Belfast was absolutely briliant last night.

Its been so long since ive seen them indoors I almost forgot how much better it is.

Its my 11th time to see them live last night and I think it was the best.

Waaaaaaaaay better than marley park/rds outdoor crap.

Pity I was surrounded by idiots who keep spilling pints on me.

I sooooooooooooo wanna see them indoors. I wish they'd come and play in the 02 in Dublin!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Fantastic gig last night. Great crowd connection with the band.

Setlist: That Was Just Your Life / The End Of The Line / For Whom The Bell Tolls / Creeping Death / Fade To Black / Broken, Beat And Scarred / Sad But True / Wherever I May Roam / Welcome Home (Sanitarium) / All Nightmare Long / One / Master Of Puppets / Blackened / Nothing Else Matters / Enter Sandman
    - - - - - - - -
    Breadfan / Whiplash / Seek and Destroy

Advertisement