Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That was awesome. I Was Made For Loving You was definitely highlight of the night for me.

So much bloody confetti too! I'd hate to be involved in cleanup.

The only thing that could have made this better would have been replacing two of the new songs with God Of Thunder and Strutter.

Anyone see the 5 Peter Crisses?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nobody gonna have a guess at who this guy is, was watchin from the mixing desk area.

IMG_36881.jpg

Looks like Doc McGhee???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

spaceboy wrote: »
    Looks like Doc McGhee???

don't be so unsure of urself! i just googled this 'Doc McGhee' its undoubtedly him. somewhat of a Marijuana smuggling legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

yeah - Doc has been at all the UK shows too......seems to be really cool around the fans - had I noticed him I'd have definitely asked for a snap - check out the Tour Photos on Kissonline.com and you'll notice that he's in a lot of fan snaps, which is pretty cool......will be interesting how he does with Axl Rose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A few more pics that i just finished cropping, chopping amd messin about wit.

Like i said in an earlier post, if anybody wants them just send me your email by PM and i'll send them out

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Great pictures Scudzilla. I went with some friends and my five daughters and we had a blast. It brought me back thirty years.

Brilliant crowd. Even now some people have misconceptions about the audiences that attend rock and metal gigs. There was no hint of trouble, everyone was there just for the craic, and there was a lot of it. It was wonderful to see so many people who had made an effort to dress in costume.

I love rock,but I also like indie and alternative and would be the first to admit that some of these bands are a little too earnest.

Memo to bands, watch a Kiss concert, that is how you rock and have fun while doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

What a night!!!!

I'm still walking around with a huge grin on my face. Total entertainment from start to finish and great classic rock songs to boot.:D

Voice recovering from singing along to the songs, and, unlike previous posters, I noticed nearly everyone around me were singing along.

I was surprised at the age of a lot of the crowd as I thought the younger rockers would be a bit dismissive of KISS; but no fear, the ones around me were singing along to everything.

That was so special for me personally as I've been a KISS fan for 30 years and it's the first time I got a chance to see them live in make-up with the whole stage production. I saw them at Donington in '88 but they were't headlining and therefore hadn't there own show with them (plus they weren't in make-up at the time).

Sorry now I didn't but a Destroyer T-Shirt as seeing KISS this year, 30 years after I bought my first album which was Destroyer, it would have been sentimental. Ah, well, guess I'll go to the KISS website and order there.

I hope they come back again soon. I read an interview with Paul where he said they were going back into the studio after this World Tour to record a new album; Tommy and Eric's contribution to Sonic Boom seems to have given Paul and Gene a new lease of life.

So hopefully, new album = new world tour. And the vibe last night and word of mouth should make the next Dublin gig a sellout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Have to say this was the best show I've been to, and as some others have said, I've been to a few in my time. Probably not the best gig (AC/DC in '82 will take some shifting), but the WOW factor was off the chart.

Got some great pics myself, this is one of my favourites:

blastman wrote: »
    Have to say this was the best show I've been to, and as some others have said, I've been to a few in my time. Probably not the best gig (AC/DC in '82 will take some shifting), but the WOW factor was off the chart.

Love that pic blastman........

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Amazing gig, they really put on a show for us!

30076_389001891694_721276694_4511105_3436175_n.jpg

30076_389001906694_721276694_4511108_1950001_n.jpg

30076_389001936694_721276694_4511112_7328254_n.jpg

• Advertisement

blastman wrote: »

Nice pic, if ya look closely i think he has Dublin and the date written on the bottom of his guitar, i think that's in case Paul forgets where he is, only has to look at Gene's guitar :D:D

Nice pic, if ya look closely i think he has Dublin and the date written on the bottom of his guitar, i think that's in case Paul forgets where he is, only has to look at Gene's guitar :D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    could be so true.......gotta say though that hip replacement has certainly made a huge positive change to Paul...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

That was a childhood dream come through ..... fah-king brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Paul looks amazing! Hitting the gym big time I'd say... He's 58 for God's sake! :eek: And Gene is 61 or something ridiculous! Anyone catch them in Bruxelles past couple of nights? They might be there again tonight...:D

Paul looks amazing! Hitting the gym big time I'd say... He's 58 for God's sake! :eek: And Gene is 61 or something ridiculous! Anyone catch them in Bruxelles past couple of nights? They might be there again tonight...:D

Someone on MetalIreland posted that Paul and Eric were spotted by this guys brother in a guitar shop this afternoon........sounds like they are enjoying their trip to Dublin......really hope they come back soon...

Where they really there or did Dave tell Paul that he saw Kiss in town, Paul tells Alan that Kiss were walkin down Grafton Street then Alan tells Bob that Kiss were drinking in Bruxelles.....

Bob then tells Derek that he went to the jacks with Paul Stanley.....

See, that's how rumours start ;)

Where they really there or did Dave tell Paul that he saw Kiss in town, Paul tells Alan that Kiss were walkin down Grafton Street then Alan tells Bob that Kiss were drinking in Bruxelles.....

Bob then tells Derek that he went to the jacks with Paul Stanley.....

See, that's how rumours start ;)

Bruxelles Facebook page said they were there last night... I heard from a couple of people that they are staying in the Westbury which is a 10 sec walk from Bruxies...

What i diod find odd was the merchandise, selling Drumsticks 'AS USED BY' Eric Singer, signed by him too.

Drumsticks on sale were black, Singer used Plain wooden coloured one's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bruxelles Facebook page said they were there last night...

Well myself, my wife and my two mates were there last night after the gig, dressed as the band. Maybe it was us??:D

What i diod find odd was the merchandise, selling Drumsticks 'AS USED BY' Eric Singer, signed by him too.

Drumsticks on sale were black, Singer used Plain wooden coloured one's :rolleyes:

unless they are practice sticks ??
    I don't pay much attention to merch like that.....generally the merch wasn't as expensive as I was expecting to see it....

they were staying in the Westbury from what I've been told, and I guess if they were that close to Bruxies it wouldn't be surprising that some of them would have gone in on one of the nights

• Advertisement

I was torn between the drumsticks and the Black Diamond t-shirt.. I'm a huge Guitar Hero head so the sticks would have been cool, but the t-shirt won in the end. €5 cheaper too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Bruxelles Facebook page said they were there last night.

They were there Thurs night not last night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Im still in shock of the level of awesomeness that was last night, easily in the top 3 gigs ive ever been to, No band on the planet can work a crowd like Paul and Gene can... fu*king unreal

Passenger wrote: »
    They were there Thurs night not last night. :)

Ahahahahah! FB comment was from yesterday! *Retard*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im still in shock of the level of awesomeness that was last night

This:cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Bruxelles Facebook page said they were there last night... I heard from a couple of people that they are staying in the Westbury which is a 10 sec walk from Bruxies...

I was there too til about 2.50 and didn't see them there :confused:

edit - didn't see that ye've sorted the confusion out now :)

Heres a few shots I managed to get with my little digital:
    DSCN1357.jpg
    DSCN1368.jpgDSCN1374.jpgDSCN1375.jpgDSCN1380.jpg

DSCN1382.jpgDSCN1383.jpgDSCN1391.jpgDSCN1400.jpgDSCN1405.jpgDSCN1407.jpgDSCN1408.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

God if I dont pass my exams after missing this there will be trouble!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 crusse

Great concert as always 3rd time for me!
    Here's 4 songs that i recorded during the night a bit shaky at times(beer in one hand cam in the other :D) but pretty ok quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZ4UCXNrdc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLqvvRfcPvY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFPxvcoY2JM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyH1ow10AQI

Enjoy!

Advertisement