Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merlin Car Auction

• 05-05-2010 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys, has anyone had any expirience with the car 2 cash scheme with merlin car auctions. I was gonna bring my car down for a valuation but do they give terrible prices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I guess so, you would get a lot more on DoneDeal provided you are willing to put up with tyre kickers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Moorea8

Yeh the problem is i have my next car picked out. I suppose Il give it a go and if i dont get the right money Il go on done deal and gumtree.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,041 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These type of places are like pawn shops, they will give you next to nothing for it. I would only sell it to them if I exhausted all other methods of selling it or really desperate for cash quickly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I went to them a while ago to get rid of my last car. I needed to get rid of it in a hurry (I'd already bought it's replacement and only one parking space), and the gearbox was on the way out and I didn't have the cash or the time to put into it. Given the circumstances their offer wasn't too bad and I was delighted with it. I'd say go in with a minimum price in mind and see what they say, it'll be far less than you'd get if you've the time to sell it properly though.

Advertisement