Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oddys Airsoft Video Channel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

And in case you haven't seen the other vids recently uploaded to my channel.....here they are ;)

Remember to subscribe and comment. Help promote Irish Airsoft. Link the videos to other forums and networking sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

thumbs up Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Nice videos man - keep em coming :D

Hey Daz........Didn't know I had caught you falling on the bridge.........lol..... :D

yeah, ye can just see it at the start, down like a ton of pricks..you should have seen the size of my knee last night, blew up massively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wow, HD:rolleyes:

Wow, HD:rolleyes:

:confused:..this meant to be sarcastic for some reason?

HD Helfire Castle Blue on Blue
    HD Helfire Outtake in HD
    HD Hellfire RATS (in HD)
    Helfire Blues Take the fort(in HD)
    Helfire Caste Action In HD
    HD Hellfire Plant the Bomb P2 HD
    Hellfire Plant The Bomb in HD Part 1
    HD Hellfire Airsoft May 2nd 2010(Watch in HD)

See what I mean. FYI Youtube marks videos of 420p up as HD with the little letter HD at the end of the title. So, in some cases those videos have HD 3 times in the title. I just find it similar TO SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS. We arent thick, and its youtube, generally people dont watch it for the super cinematic quality.

the lad is takin the time to shoot, prepare and post these videos to promote the sport and for peoples enjoyment and all you can do is nit-pick at the fact that he has HD mentioned in the titles???

i mean, if you havent anythin constructive to say, dont be petty over something so trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the lad is takin the time to shoot, prepare and post these videos to promote the sport and for peoples enjoyment and all you can do is nit-pick at the fact that he has HD mentioned in the titles???

i mean, if you havent anythin constructive to say, dont be petty over something so trivial

and if someone takes there time to give some feedback, best not to bite there head off

the videos are nice but at the moment they seem more like rats promotional material :), would be nice to see more of everyone on site for example, also the over the shoulder shots for me are rather annoying with the players spending more time seeing where the camera is :), the early video where better for me as the camera position is set back more

• Advertisement

thats constructive critism which im sure gerry will value but a sarcastic comment and a rolleyes smilie is hardly feedback

Maybe I was a little sarcastic but tbh its like: "Avatar 3D, now in Cinemas in 3D" The videos are well done and I just think bad titling is degrading the overall presentation. The main thing the viewer will want to know is where and when, maybe the objective. The above read more like ebay adds. The tag section is there for that.

Also, I post videos from time to time myself [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Ss5PklmqU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XxdJ4BKsTE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1HH60BpmDs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GClCCDwmR8] so I'm not just being a keyboard warrior.

On that note, come July my channel will hopefully get a good few updates:)

Points all taken on board....thanks for taking the time to post. To answer you Lethal Bullet, whilst some people out there are computer/you tube savy, an awful lot aren't and sometimes they need to be guided to watch something optimally. Scoutthedoggie also uses 'HD' in all his videos and with over 80,000 subscribers you wouldn't see ANY of those people moaning about something so trivial. But hey I guess you have to cater for all tastes. Some people like distance shots and some over the shoulder -its like airsoft loadouts - personal choice.
    Very Very Very Trivial stuff m8.
    Wish you luck m8 with your own channel and vids and hope you don't have any whinny moaners nit-picking your hard work!

And Pudding....As for R.A.T.S promo vid....I will shoot whoever is in front of me, with the best looking gear. My main choice of venue is Hellfire, where the R.A.T.S play alot. Funny. The first 3 vids were all Red Storm Troopers but never heard you give out about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

And Pudding....As for R.A.T.S promo vid....I will shoot whoever is in front of me, with the best looking gear. My main choice of venue is Hellfire, where the R.A.T.S play alot. Funny. The first 3 vids were all Red Storm Troopers but never heard you give out about that...so is it me or the RATS you don't like?

yes and all the rest are rats, personally i liked the shooting and composition better on the early videos as i said in my post, and i quote my post
    the videos are nice but at the moment they seem more like rats promotional material

personally i do not know either team so i find your insinuation rather offensive, my comments where in regard to videos there quality and composition not to do with the individuals politics or any other associated baggage that seems to accompany everything on boards of late, you seem to be seeing things there that do not exist

as i said i liked the early videos as they where just airsoft not in your face or anything just good quality videos, my 'personal' opinion was that the newest videos seem more like promotional material, very staged and with people spending more time looking to see where the camera is than playing, this could just be as simple as you've started to get closer to the subject meaning there more aware of your presence

but if you want i can stop trying to be helpful, if you just want me to inflate your ego and thank your post and just say 'great vid'

I will take your comments on board Puding cause at least they are constructive and not meant to offend. I will try to be more panoramic with my film taking :D but you will have to hold off cause I have another 2 vids to edit in the same format.Sorry to have had a go at you but Lethal got my goat up a bit with his drivel and the red mist descended ..... I think you are what we call collateral damage!!! Sorry about that ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Lethal is just a little peeved coz there's no tiesto or cascada background music goin on, thats what it is...

:D

Masada wrote: »
    Lethal is just a little peeved coz there's no tiesto or cascada background music goin on, thats what it is...

:D:D

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hitman__

FRUoddy
    Keep on doing what you're doing.
    Nice work, much appreciated.
    Hitman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Puding wrote: »
    and if someone takes there time to give some feedback, best not to bite there head off

the videos are nice but at the moment they seem more like rats promotional material :), would be nice to see more of everyone on site for example, also the over the shoulder shots for me are rather annoying with the players spending more time seeing where the camera is :), the early video where better for me as the camera position is set back more
    jayus,you think there bad?.....
    wait till he films the hawks................

• Advertisement

Please remember that I am only just starting out in this. Sometimes I will make a pile of ****e and sometimes I won't but at least I am trying. Do you know how hard it is to put down your gun and get out a camera when the gaming is good!!!!
    Thanks for all the comments both positive and negative....if it helps me get better..

Regards

Oddy

Masada wrote: »

You should see the audio replacement on the GTAC video. Its a white lad singing usher or something:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

FRUoddy wrote: »
    Hey Daz........Didn't know I had caught you falling on the bridge.........lol..... :D

Very graceful :D:D

very painful, knee is still slightly swollen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

I think you should stick to up close shots because you can never hear anything or see anything properly when its too far away. Espeacially when your only using a small digital camera the far away shots don't work well, small lenes and tiny micro phone.

I think the way your doing it is the best way to do it and i have always said that the best airsoft videos where from scoutthedoggie on youtube which i think you try to fallow.

I supposse it would be really good to have a few cameras going so you could get two sides of a fire fight. You may have to grow a extra set of arms to do that though lol.

My plan is to upgrade my camera to a Canon 550D but at nearly a grand its on my wish list for a little while longer :mad:

Also a Tachyon xc headcam is on the list too to fix to my gun to film the games from a different perspective ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kebn

FRUoddy wrote: »
    I will shoot whoever is in front of me, with the best looking gear.

I personally find this a great tactic for airsoft (let alone filming), take down the wealthiest players first! ;)

Great videos, keep 'em coming. I like the player names/gear used. Always good to see your planned purchases in action.

Hope your camera hasn't too many hits? I wouldn't like to see what a rogue bb might do to the lens.

Gerry tends to put himself between the bb and the camera, he just edits out himself screaming like a girl :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kebn

That's what you get for bringing a camera to a (fake)gun fight. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

all in all i like the vids, very good quality which helps alot

i like the player names, the teams on there and the guns they're using

i also like the view from over the shoulder, but i think the odd long distance vid showing teams moving on an objective would be good aswell, but the close ups are good cause you can see the bb's coming in

all in all i have to say fair play and they will only continue getting better and it really promotes airsoft in a good light

Advertisement