Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exam Timetable Online Now

Options
  • 09-04-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

http://www.lyit.ie/organisation/staffdirectory/ttable.aspx

I got screwed again with my timetable. got an exam on sat and then tues-sat again, one exam every day. Dont mind exams every day but its the bloody order they put them in is retarded.3 difficult ones in a row.

Whats yours like? you happy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Whats up with exams on Saturdays??

I've got two Saturday exams meaning Ill have to stay in the town both weekends, also got three 9.30 exams which I hate as once 11.30 comes along Im done for the day and have nothing else to do

Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday..thought they were spread over two weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Tuesday 12:30
    Thursday 12:30
    Saturday 9:30
    Monday 12:30

I'll be glad to get them all out of the way quickly, but the saturday one is annoying. Not sure if there is a bus into town in time for that, and I'll have to take the day off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Mine are

Saturday 12.30pm
    Tuesday 9.30am
    Wednesday 9.30am
    Thursday 9.30am
    Friday 3.30pm
    Saturday 3.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Monday 17/05/2010 15.30 Computer Crime An Dánlann
    Tuesday 18/05/2010 15.30 Introduction to OO Programming II An Dánlann
    Thursday 20/05/2010 15.30 Mathematics for Cryptography An Dánlann
    Saturday 22/05/2010 15.30 Computer Architecture An Dánlann

very happy with mine. all in 1 week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Class rep meeting on Monday at 5.30pm in 1101. This is in relation to exam timetable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Got an email saying there's been changes to the timetables, I didnt have a proper look at mine before but I cant notice any obvious changes.

Just a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

I'm wondering why they decided to carry exams on Saturdays?
    Is it because they got away with it last time in January?
    Although it was because of snow.
    Doesn't seem to be too popular with most people but I ain't complaining :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Monday 17/05/2010 15.30 Computer Crime An Dánlann
    Tuesday 18/05/2010 15.30 Introduction to OO Programming II An Dánlann
    Thursday 20/05/2010 15.30 Mathematics for Cryptography An Dánlann
    Saturday 22/05/2010 15.30 Computer Architecture An Dánlann

very happy with mine. all in 1 week!

I am the same as above.
    Happy enough. Session on once exam on Sat is over \o/
    XDivaX wrote: »
    I'm wondering why they decided to carry exams on Saturdays?
    Is it because they got away with it last time in January?
    Although it was because of snow.
    Doesn't seem to be too popular with most people but I ain't complaining :rolleyes:

Think some people commented about First Communions/Confirmations being on the Saturdays. Plus alot of people will have to take time off work and that's a bit crappy :/

ToniTuddle wrote: »

Think some people commented about First Communions/Confirmations being on the Saturdays. Plus alot of people will have to take time off work and that's a bit crappy :/

Makes sense I suppose.
    It was said that they're trying to save money by having it on Saturdays but that doesn't make any sense because they still need to spend money on supervision all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

XDivaX wrote: »
    Makes sense I suppose.
    It was said that they're trying to save money by having it on Saturdays but that doesn't make any sense because they still need to spend money on supervision all the same

How would they save money :confused: That's odd.

Is it because by having exams on two Saturdays they cut out two week days...but as you said the people will still have to get paid... >.<

Unless they are trying to get them wrapped up as quick as possible. Have they done this other years I wonder?

• Advertisement

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    How would they save money :confused: That's odd.

Is it because by having exams on two Saturdays they cut out two week days...but as you said the people will still have to get paid... >.<

Unless they are trying to get them wrapped up as quick as possible. Have they done this other years I wonder?

Yeah or maybe it means saving on lecturers' wages by having board meetings earlier and letting them wrap up as a result?

Nah I'm in 3rd year and it is the first time they did this although it is what other colleges do apparently.

Advertisement