Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Mouth

Options
  • 27-04-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

IF people on boards were as mouthy in real life as they are here do you think we would put up with the s**t we clearly do as a country

lets boogie people
    EdV

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

If I was as cheeky in real life as I am on boards, I wouldn't be able to walk down the street without getting at least one headbutt. I've suffered loads of infractions, and a 4 month ban from the site in my time here... I wouldn't survive too long in the real world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I'm a grammer naxi in real life as well as here. For example if one were to say "me and John" I would immediately correct them by saying "John and I".

People who know me are used to it but it can cause problems with strangers. Surprisingly the worst offenders are older people who aren't impressed by an eighteen year old upstart correcting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'd probably be accused of being a stalker because I lurk in forums alot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I'm a grammer naxi in real life as well as here. For example if one were to say "me and John" I would immediately correct them by saying "John and I".

People who know me are used to it but it can cause problems with strangers. Surprisingly the worst offenders are older people who aren't impressed by an eighteen year old upstart correcting them.

Don't you mean grammar nazi? :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I'm a bit of a grammar nazi here myself, but in real life it really doesn't matter to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

gagiteebo wrote: »
    This seriously must be hte most common mistake made by grammar Nazis.:D

gagiteebo wrote: »
    No, I ment grammer nazi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

its very easy to be a keyboard warrior

there's a lot of allegedly brave folk on here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭jacool

SugarHigh wrote: »
    This seriously must be hte most common mistake made by grammar Nazis.:D
    This was not the best time to spell "the" incorrectly! Or have I fallen for one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

No, I ment grammer nazi.

Fair enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

No, I ment grammer nazi.

Well you're not a spelling nazi anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm a grammer naxi in real life as well as here.

FAIL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No, I ment grammer nazi.

Or naxi?

Well you're not a spelling nazi anyway!
    Meh, there is a difference in typos and spelling mistake you know.

Tbh, I hadn't even noticed I misspelled nazi untill you pointed it out. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Epic epic fail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Bullies on the internet are like winning a gold medal in the special olympics.

You might win but you're still retarded.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

To reiterate my point, this has become a "Thread of Fail"! Well done to OP, the grammer naxi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

jacool wrote: »
    This was not the best time to spell "the" incorrectly! Or have I fallen for one?
    Do you know the difference between a typo and a spelling error?

djhunter30 wrote: »
    To reiterate my point, this has become a "Thread of Fail"! Well done to OP, the grammer naxi!
    Why does nobody believe I spelt grammar incorrect on purpose ?

Or was the ironing so sweet that it clouded peoples judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Why does nobody believe I spelt grammar incorrect on purpose ?

Or was the ironing so sweet that it clouded peoples judgement.

Why would you spell it wrong?

Oh, and it's spelled. And judgment.

I'll stop now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Do you do that only when "John and I" is acting as the subject of the sentence or also when "John and me" is correctly acting as the object? If you always do it regardless, maybe that's why the old dears get annoyed at you as they swing their shopping bags at your head.

Wait what was this thread about again?

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Wait what was this thread about again?
    Being mouthy and fighting at the barricades at the Stephen's Green end of Kildare Street.

Mental note: build barricades at the Trinity end first to avoid motorists getting annoyed, it's only polite.

sceptre wrote: »
    Do you do that only when "John and I" is acting as the subject of the sentence or also when "John and me" is correctly acting as the object? If you always do it regardless, maybe that's why the old dears get annoyed at you as they swing their shopping bags at your head.
    Obviously the latter as "I" cannot be used as an object. For example my uncle gave I a lift yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Why would you spell it wrong?

Oh, and it's spelled. And judgment.

I'll stop now.

Don't you mean; Oh,and it's spelled-and judgement.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

sam34 wrote: »
    its very easy to be a keyboard warrior

there's a lot of allegedly brave folk on here

I'd kick your ass you if said that to me in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

IF people on boards were as mouthy in real life as they are here do you think we would put up with the s**t we clearly do as a country

lets boogie people
    EdV

In fairness, it would be harder to place well captioned cats in conversations at the appropriate time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If people were like they are in real life as they are on boards the country would be filled with olympic gold medallist boxers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

Bullies on the internet are like winning a gold medal in the special olympics.

You might win but you're still retarded.

Dude, thats just wrong on so many levels. :(

• Advertisement

Obviously the latter as "I" cannot be used as an object. For example my uncle gave I a lift yesterday.

Tell Bryan Adams that. Please.

And Eric Carmen

Bastards.

Advertisement