Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photos of where you run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Some pics of Keeper hill on New Years eve. There was a lot more snow there since Xmas eve. Near the top there was some serious snow drifts and the fire path was no where to be seen......... brillant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

This was the view looking left this morning on my run. Didn't get to enjoy it too much as I had to focus on keeping my footing on the icy ground.
    4241160236_df9f2aa504_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

This was the view looking left this morning on my run. Didn't get to enjoy it too much as I had to focus on keeping my footing on the icy ground.
    4241160236_df9f2aa504_b.jpg

You must be the luckiest person around!! I have to wait for the longer days so I can take a 3/4 hour drive down to the Cooleys to try a bit of trail running and get back home in time for breakfast with the rest of the family!

Lovely pics by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

paulocon wrote: »
    Hi there. Just saw this. Wondering if you have any suggestions for a trail around the hills in Carlingford. Was thinking of tackling Barnavave from the town centre but not sure how far up I'd get!

Just saw this question now, yeah there are loads of trails and for miles, theres a full loop of about 20 miles there too, I'm not familiar with place names, but I the trails are well marked on the OSI map for the area which I have. You can start at several points, near Ravensdale or Carlingford itself. I haven't ran there a whole lot but I have hiked there quite a bit with the OH.

I'll take a look at the map later and see if I can get you more details. There are way marked trails there too with pretty decent surfaces( for the most mart at least).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Just saw this question now, yeah there are loads of trails and for miles, theres a full loop of about 20 miles there too, I'm not familiar with place names, but I the trails are well marked on the OSI map for the area which I have. You can start at several points, near Ravensdale or Carlingford itself. I haven't ran there a whole lot but I have hiked there quite a bit with the OH.

I'll take a look at the map later and see if I can get you more details. There are way marked trails there too with pretty decent surfaces( for the most mart at least).

Fair play. I have walked some of the hills down there (Slieve Foye, Carnavaddy, Clermont, Anglesey etc) but would love to try out a bit of hill running (albeit when this ice goes away!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Fair play. I have walked some of the hills down there (Slieve Foye, Carnavaddy, Clermont, Anglesey etc) but would love to try out a bit of hill running (albeit when this ice goes away!).

Just checked the OSI map #36. The waymarked route is the Tain Way and is approx 20 and a bit miles I think, and can be accessed from Ravensdale village close to the pub there, or from the car park at Ravensdale forest park. The snap I took above was on this route near Carlingford, it is pretty clearly marked. I've only ever walked or ran sections of it. Looks like a pretty big challenge to take it all on. There are also several non way marked tracks. Perhaps a good idea would be to hike them on a reccie mission with a view to returning for a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Run from Knocklyon to Tymon Park and back.

No major snowfall yet
    4251405786_c99321b0f9.jpg
    Not much activity on the paths
    4250635669_1535ca57b9.jpg
    Frozen Pond
    4251417122_2808586cb5.jpg
    Snow started so time to get home
    4250679479_e3aeca0a96.jpg
    Arrived back in Knocklyon to this!
    4251453920_418b264b5b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

spooky.jpg

iphone + headlamp = crap quality

Had company in this run... The vapour trails heading west...
    4256905291_cd1563c7b2_b.jpg

and a deer ahead on the trails... Max zoom on a compact camera results in poor quality pic though. :(

4257667066_51f53a1654_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

How do you upload a pic here if its 4mb or more?

• Advertisement

No idea. I think they'd prefer if you compacted it somehow. My photos usually start at 2MBs and I compact them down to 2-300k with a photo utility on the PC before I upload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Go to an image hosting site (imageshack.us) and resize to bring down the size. Then copy the direct link. Post a reply by putting the url inside image tags(up where youtube icon is in reply, theres a pic of a sun and mountains.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Caragh Lake in winter.
    18Z-diqA1WEkEo0cnEMMbg?authkey=Gv1sRgCLTd1ZievMrtMQ&feat=directlinkHPIM2083.JPG
    HPIM2085.JPG
    HPIM2089.JPG

HPIM2085.JPG

HPIM2082.JPG
    HPIM2085.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 bruno_12345

Hi Funkyzeit

I do the same run but at the moment you won't put a polar bear out there. All in all great since they resurface it. The 2 dogs enjoy it aswell
    Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Carrigaline to Crosshaven:

cropped-drakespool3.jpg

From the air....

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭plodder

There's a very good booklet you can get in the tourist office in Carlingford, with trails around the Cooleys starting from the town. I've done a few of them (walking) but some would be good for running as well.

Took this on a run around a new trail thats opened up near me.. the Kyle loop Tinahely. Great running route with fab views.

4469560683_c496ef5691_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Currently attempting to attain a level of fitness that will let me run the whole thing... god damn is it steep. Devils bit outside Templemore in Tipperary:

Looking up from the carpark:
    110597.jpg

Top of the first hill:
    110598.jpg

Past half way before the last big push:
    110599.jpg

Looking back down to where the last pic was taken:
    110600.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

_sheep wrote: »
    Currently attempting to attain a level of fitness that will let me run the whole thing... god damn is it steep. Devils bit outside Templemore in Tipperary:

Jahsus thats steep alright, will have to head up your way one of these days and give that a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Here's a photo tour of my 19 mile route yesterday, taking in some of the prehistoric and early Ireland megaliths and antiquities in the area (and some random other photos!). Check out the Megalithomania website, and go find some in your area! History + Running + photography + exploration = fun. :)

I wish there was a camera to hand to capture the route we scaled yesterday. Running off Tonelagee down towards Lough Ouler - quite a unique heart shaped lake - on a fine sun filled day was only massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭earlyevening

dario28 wrote: »

Its a nice one allright. Ran round the bay and back last Wednesday afternoon in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

most of my running for the last couple of weeks has been here.
    cliffrun2.jpg

cliff%20run.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

dario28 wrote: »

Snap - was there on Sat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I'm so jealous...no pictures of the Walkinstown roundabout featured here!

The most scenic I get is the duck pond of Bushy or Tymon parks...:rolleyes:

Best finish line ever? Heading downhill to finish at Aasleagh waterfall near Leenane in IMRA Ben Gorm race.
    4575727367_7fef541927_o.jpg

Descending Croagh Patrick
    4576361222_e887d61b97_o.jpg

Croagh Patrick Descent towards Clew Bay
    4576360432_55181dff01_o.jpg

Pictures by John Shiels / Action Photography (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dave_

This is my newest running location. Just found it at the weekend. So many trees and a couple of miles of paths including a couple of 200m peaks for hill work.

http://philip.greenspun.com/images/20061019-boston-aerials/arnold-arboretum-1.3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Best finish line ever? Heading downhill to finish at Aasleagh waterfall near Leenane in IMRA Ben Gorm race.
    4575727367_7fef541927_o.jpg

Why of why did I not take a little break to take this in at the time! What a smashing picture.

Advertisement