Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The National - 'Terrible Love' on Fallon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Like it as I like all the Nationals songs,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Love it love it love it. Cannot wait for this new album

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

bodes well for new album....very excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Thats awesome. Great ending to it alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Plec

Cannot wait for the album. Ya think we might see them doing their own Dublin show again or will it just be a festival gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I like the National well enough, but I have to say, this is the first song since Mistaken For Strangers thats really excited me. Looking forward to the album very much on the strength of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

They can do no wrong in my eyes.

Just got my ticket for their show at the Royal Albert Hall in May. It will be my first time seeing them live and I literally cannot wait.

I was gutted I couldn't get a ticket for their show at the Royal Festival Hall last year when they had the orchestra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Theres a video of Vanderlylle Cry Baby here too, not the same quality but it seems like it'll be a monster of a song on record.

I'd love an Olympia show, I'm not overly confident though. Headline slot at Electric Picnic maybe. I saw them at Oxegen a couple of years ago, incredible. One of the highlights of tthe weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

I was barely into them when they played over here, but got a free ticket so went along...well F**K me they were unbelievable! I can easily easily say they are twice as good live if not more!

• Advertisement

Tracklisting for High Violet. I'm really glad 'Vanderllyle Cry Baby Geeks' (as it now appears to be called) made it on. 'Terrible Love' is a great opening track. Makes me think the first four or five songs will be up tempo numbers too, setting out of the stall as it were. And I'd imagine 'England' will be a real big number before they finish ride it out on 'Vanderlylle'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

A song about Ohio. Nice to see they haven't forgot their roots

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Great song, great band. Can't wait for the Royal Albert Hall gig. It'll be my first time seeing them and I think it'll be class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Song about Ohio if you please --> http://www.highviolet.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Julesie wrote: »
    They can do no wrong in my eyes.

Just got my ticket for their show at the Royal Albert Hall in May. It will be my first time seeing them live and I literally cannot wait.

I was gutted I couldn't get a ticket for their show at the Royal Festival Hall last year when they had the orchestra.

I hate you and respect you all the same time.

You are in for an absolute treat! They are just exceptional live. An amazing, amazing band. I can never fully describe my love for the National.

Their songs just seep into you like some glorious, melodic fog and once they're in your system, they will never leave!! And you'll never want them to!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is it wrong that i am playing this over and over and over again.

If it is, i don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

One of the Arcade Fire guys is playing on the album, singing on at least one track.
    Richie Reed Parry from Arcade Fire is all over the record, I think he’s on six or seven songs. He played guitar and stand-up bass on ‘Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks’, and the big thing he did was that he heard me working on the music for ‘Conversation 16’, and he said, “I have an idea!” So he went in and sang – his father is a choir director so he knows multi-part singing – he sang this seven-part vocal, it’s all him layered. That’s beautiful. He’s this very lovely, unassuming person – when you see someone’s musicality inserted into the room, you’re like, “woah!” And that was great – he was just staying at my house, it wasn’t like we planned to work on it like that.

http://thequietus.com/articles/03978-the-national-reveal-high-violet-collaborators

This just keeps getting better. This is a monster of a song, the ending is unbelievable. You know, in another time, they would have been the biggest band in the world at this point. The world's loss I guess.

Afraid Of Everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Another fantastic song. I can't remember the last time I anticipated an album this much, cannot wait. Roll on EP

X-Calibre wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I anticipated an album this much, cannot wait.

Ditto. I'm trying, but I actually can't. Neon Bible maybe, and I mean maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Ditto. I'm trying, but I actually can't. Neon Bible maybe, and I mean maybe.
    Yes must say have been very impressed with the two songs I have heard. Buzzkill Ohio I think is officially the first single of that album to be released next month

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Yes must say have been very impressed with the two songs I have heard. Buzzkill Ohio I think is officially the first single of that album to be released next month

Its called Bloodbuzz Ohio, and yup its the first single alright, anyone heard the b-side yet? Sin Eaters, another terrific song!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYGHl5Lj18

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Is no one else listening to this?? It's utterly insanely good. Every time a National album comes out all other music becomes completely devoid.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Let's just use the other thread for this, no point in having two of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement