Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ab's - visable without tensing?

• 06-04-2010 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Was just wondering if its possible to have visibly showing abs without tensing?

I am fairly skinny and when i tense i can see them but when i don't, they do not show!

Is it just the case that i need to train much harder to get permanent ab's or is it just not possible...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

To get proper abs,you'll need to reduce your bodyfat to below 10%..cardio&calorie reduction will make it so.However,it is also said that some people are genetically predisposed to having a six pack.I've tried and I can't get lower than 11%..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

You might need to build up the muscles a bit.

Go for low reps (15 or under) weighted situps. Add in some leg raises too to work the lower abs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Hypertrophy

For me this is the best way to build abs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdIFnDzy75U

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

InvaderZim wrote: »
    Hi,

Was just wondering if its possible to have visibly showing abs without tensing?

I am fairly skinny and when i tense i can see them but when i don't, they do not show!

Is it just the case that i need to train much harder to get permanent ab's or is it just not possible...

Thanks
    You can have visible abs when you're skinny but the big question is if you want to be skinny. If you're already a skinny guy to use your own terms, then losing more bodyfat will make you just a skinnier guy who happens to be able to see his abs.

You can be as emaciated as you want and have a six pack, or put on some muscle (with a wee bit of associated bodyfat) and then actually have abdominals worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I tend to have my Abs very visible, no matter what weight I am. When I've been at my biggest, they've still been there, but now I'm weighing in at 13 stone and there they are. I don't do any real ab specific work either.

I'm pretty sure I'll hit 30 in 4 years and they'll just transform into a gut. :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'm genetically predisposed to having a keg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

For me this is the best way to build abs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdIFnDzy75U
    decent exercise but jasus that video sucks!

You can have visible abs when you're skinny but the big question is if you want to be skinny. If you're already a skinny guy to use your own terms, then losing more bodyfat will make you just a skinnier guy who happens to be able to see his abs.

You can be as emaciated as you want and have a six pack, or put on some muscle (with a wee bit of associated bodyfat) and then actually have abdominals worth seeing.
    what he said +2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 InvaderZim

Thanks guys..great help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

migozarad wrote: »
    However,it is also said that some people are genetically predisposed to having a six pack.I've tried and I can't get lower than 11%..

Bet you would if I left you locked in a basement with nout but water for long enough. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

Zamboni wrote: »
    Bet you would if I left you locked in a basement with nout but water for long enough. :)

Starvation: 60% of the time it works, every time, or is that Sex Panther? Either way, stop eating as much and your bodyfat will magically fall below that level you claimed it never could.

Starvation: 60% of the time it works, every time, or is that Sex Panther? Either way, stop eating as much and your bodyfat will magically fall below that level you claimed it never could.
    agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

ya within reason, or otherwise you will have feck all muscle left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭djan

What I do is crunches with my arms stretched behind my head for resistance. Make sure to not bend your neck and focus on only using abdominal muscles. If your back or neck hurts your doin it wrong. Then a few leg raises for the lower abs. The rest is just diet. Its hard work :)

Advertisement