Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't want to sound like a freak but can the mods edit the thread title :o to capital letters at the start of every word please :o thanks

Thread title edited slightly :)

(but only 'cause you asked nicely :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Aww thanks I feel normal and clean again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Watched Drop Dead Gorgeous Saturday night. One of the funniest films I've ever seen. Wasn't expecting the humour to be so dark! :D

Also watched Heathers, which was good but a bit too strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Little Miss Sunshine. So, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Been to the cinema quite a bit recently so i have seen a fair few new releases.

Shutter island- Scorcese and Di Caprio. Can't go wrong really. Some people might complain that you can guess the twist but i thought it was a fantastic thriller nonetheless

She's out of your league- By the numbers guy gets girl comedy. Fine once you take it at face value. A few cheap laughs guaranteed

Alice in Wonderland 3D- Was impressed by the 3d, the film not so much. Quite boring in parts. Helena Bonham Carter and Stephen Fry's characters were brilliant though

Green Zone- Greengrass and Matt Damon team up again to basically make Bourne in Iraq. A decent fast paced action movie. Based on real events apparently but couldn't help but feel the film was giving an oversimplified version of events

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Green Zone was a travesty to the name action film. UGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yeah I think Cougar town is pretty funny too! Like yourself, I didn't think it would be much good at first either, so that probably made me more impressed when it was good. I think "The Good Wife" is brilliant! I'm pure loving it at the moment, and making it my business to watch it in between my busy leaving cert study schedule, yaa :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Watched an episode of "Mad Men" tonight. It was super fantastic good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I watched 'I Love You Man' last night- it was (suprisingly) very good. Paul Rudd seems to do watchable films, and the guy from How I Met Your Mother is in it too. Not to mention the Incredible Hulk. J'ai le recommendrai.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

phlegms wrote: »
    Watched an episode of "Mad Men" tonight. It was super fantastic good.
    Join us on IRC! Go here

http://webchat.quakenet.org/#

And type a username

then put in #C&H

See you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

an_american_in_paris.jpg

An American in Paris is on! Yay!:)

Started watching the first season of Breaking Bad and i must say i'm impressed so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just finished watching Hachiko: A dog's tale.
    Really good, but really sad, I cried, a lot.
    Based on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I watched 'I Love You Man' last night- it was (suprisingly) very good. Paul Rudd seems to do watchable films, and the guy from How I Met Your Mother is in it too. Not to mention the Incredible Hulk. J'ai le recommendrai.

i <3 Paul Rudd, he seems like the type of guy you could have a laugh with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I saw Nanny mcPhee and the Big Bang (no laughing!) with my mum and sister. I really enjoyed it, it was loads of fun. All the kids in the cinema were very well behaved but my mum was roaring laughing at everything. Actually it wasn't even so much a laugh as a cackle. <3 my mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I started watching How I Met Your Mother tonight, enjoyed it thoroughly, and so watched 5 episodes. Excellent stuff!

Just watched season one of The Shield in 2 days. Excellent show

syncosised wrote: »
    I started watching How I Met Your Mother tonight, enjoyed it thoroughly, and so watched 5 episodes. Excellent stuff!

Damn straight! How I Met Your Mother is the bizznezz. Barney is one of the best TV characters out there!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Bad Day at Black Rock.

Brilliant film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Saw 2012 for the first time just there. What an awful, awful film. They should have just cut the entire story and given us 100 minutes of a plane repeatedly taking off from a collapsing runway.

Just watched Inglourious Basterds for the third time. I seriously love that film.

Just watched Inglourious Basterds for the third time. I seriously love that film.

Gotta love Quentin Tarantino!

Yup. Love Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill aswell, but I think Basterds is my favourite. Unfortunately I haven't seen Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown or Death Proof yet - they're all on my list of films I have to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The Fox and the Hound was balanced nicely with the Bratz movie this morning. I learned so much about life, nature, and shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford. Jesse dead so I presume there isnt much left. Fair shyte film to be honest.

Reservoir Dogs is brilliant! That will be something awesome for you to look forward to. I've only seen a bit of Jackie Brown but it was online, and not very good quality, must get on that again.

Eagle vs. Shark! Class film, really strange, obscure comedy, genuis though. And Jemaine Clement is in it, so what's not to like :pac:

Saw Clash of the Titans 3D because i was dragged along by a friend. Awful, awful movie. The 3D in it was nothing special. There were so many plot holes i don't know where to begin. There was no character development for the lead character. I couldn't have given a **** if he had lived or died. Acting was bad all round and the end was crap too. Dialogue was cringeworthy. The comic relief wasn't funny.

I hated the way when characters were having conversations they would keep showing the back of one characters head just so they could show the ear or shoulder in 3D. Pointless.

I know this isn't the films fault but at the end people started clapping:confused: Why? Its not like the cast were there. Does that piss anyone else off or is it just me?

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

New Doctor Who

<3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I know it's really old, but I really love Friends - there is just something 'comforting' about watching it.

Will also be watching Final Destination 3 tonight (e4 10.00pm). Not pleasant viewing, but I used to like the FD series.

Advertisement