Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hotaru wrote: »
    Karen is older than Freddie. Can't see them focusing on characters that are older than the current generation, since the series seem to end around GCSE results time.

That's what I thought, the only other sibling I can think of is the twins' brother but he seems way too young for them to focus on him. Maybe they'll just do totally new people not related at all to the last two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

kateos2 wrote: »
    That's what I thought, the only other sibling I can think of is the twins' brother but he seems way too young for them to focus on him. Maybe they'll just do totally new people not related at all to the last two.

Yea, I'm thinking new people. The Effy thing was never planned since they didn't know if Skins would be a success or not when it first started. It just turned out to be convient when it came to starting a new story. I'm sure there'll be a connection to at least one of the old characters in some way but doubt it'll be any of the present siblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Yea, I'm thinking new people. The Effy thing was never planned since they didn't know if Skins would be a success or not when it first started. It just turned out to be convient when it came to starting a new story. I'm sure there'll be a connection to at least one of the old characters in some way but doubt it'll be any of the present siblings.

I liked the end of skins :) I wonder will it continue next series but I doubt it

Has been given the go ahead for two more. Usually only get it for one, but got two this time. link

Also Ryan Reynolds in scrubs <3

I would love to go for it :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Grey's Anatomy was brilliant tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

watched the 2nd ep of the pacfic its starting to turn out to be very good
    some great war scenes in to nights one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Went to see Crazy Heart at the weekend, it was really good :) Jeff Bridges was absolutely amazing in it.

I need to start watching Mad Men and Glee again. I got halfway into the first season of Mad Men in January, but just haven't had the time to watch it since :( And I need to watch Dexter, the first season dvd has been sitting in my room since last summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

the season finale of glee was brilliant!!:D I've only got a couple of weeks before it starts up again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

And I need to watch Dexter, the first season dvd has been sitting in my room since last summer!

Do. Really. You won't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Double post but anyway

DivingBellButterflyMP.jpg

going to watch it tonight....havn't watched it in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Cool Runnings! Epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Cool Runnings! Epic!
    Ahh I love that movie! Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobsled time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

So far "The Pacific" is really disappointing me, I hope this changes..

jumpguy wrote: »
    Ahh I love that movie! Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobsled time!

Do you want to kiss my lucky egg?

I'm freezing my Royal-Rastafarian nay nays off!

All hail sled god!

It's a brilliant film, so many laugh-out-loud moments!
    phlegms wrote: »
    So far "The Pacific" is really disappointing me, I hope this changes..

On the contrary, a friend told me the first episode was excellent then again first episodes and second etc. are sometimes slow to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I really wanna get into The Wire. All my friends and my brother are raging about it. So, hopefully I'll get a few seasons off my brother over the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

On the contrary, a friend told me the first episode was excellent then again first episodes and second etc. are sometimes slow to start.

My main problem was that there was no exposition for the series. Unlike in Band of Brothers, you never had an introductory episode (ie. the episode where they are training to be in Easy company) and as such you never get a chance to grow fond of the characters before you get thrusted into combat with them. What results is some, albeit very impressive looking, battle sequences strung together with dialog that fails to ever engage the viewer.

Sigh, maybe I just overly anticipated this series and was never going to be happy..

phlegms wrote: »
    My main problem was that there was no exposition for the series. Unlike in Band of Brothers, you never had an introductory episode (ie. the episode where they are training to be in Easy company) and as such you never get a chance to grow fond of the characters before you get thrusted into combat with them. What results is some, albeit very impressive looking, battle sequences strung together with dialog that fails to ever engage the viewer.

Sigh, maybe I just overly anticipated this series and was never going to be happy..

I see. But maybe the writers are taking it in a different direction: The Pacific isn't neccessarily going to be the sequel to the Band Of Brothers. I haven't seen The Pacific yet but give it time, it might develop.

Does have quite the shoes and reputation moreso to fill though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Jay P wrote: »
    I really wanna get into The Wire. All my friends and my brother are raging about it. So, hopefully I'll get a few seasons off my brother over the weekend...

DO IT!

Greatest ever TV series ever created ever.

Ever.

• Advertisement

Just watched Marley and Me again.
    I cried... again.

Just watched Marley and Me again.
    I cried... again.

Three male adults I talked to admitted to crying at it...I'm fair not watching it!

Three male adults I talked to admitted to crying at it...I'm fair not watching it!

So I'm not the only who does, the first time I saw it in the cinema and was bawling.

Another one I always cry at is My dog skip. So sad.

So I'm not the only who does, the first time I saw it in the cinema and was bawling.

I've heard plenty more. Supposed to have that kind of effect I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Esmeralda Worried Freight

I must watch that, last thing I can remember actually crying at (I'm serious) was the Office christmas special, and I was pished. Got a bit misty eyed for The Pianist and Blood Diamond, honestly can't think of anything else. I'm an emotionless freak :(

I've heard plenty more. Supposed to have that kind of effectI reckon.

Apparently hachiko or something is out in the cinema, I've been told I shouldn't go see it, because I'll just end up in bits.
    I must watch that, last thing I can remember actually crying at (I'm serious) was the Office christmas special, and I was pished. Got a bit misty eyed for The Pianist and Blood Diamond, honestly can't think of anything else. I'm an emotionless freak :(

I only cry at dog movies for some reason. I didn't cry at the notebook or my sister's keeper, but show me my dog skip or marley and me and I'll be in bits.

I nearly bawled watching Terminator 2 when
    when the Terminator (Arnie) was lowered in to the molten at the end as he was too badly damaged to 'live'
    , I was about 8 or so. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Karen is older than Freddie. Can't see them focusing on characters that are older than the current generation, since the series seem to end around GCSE results time.

On the e4 site they say they are looking for actors who are 15-17 so this is most likely true. Cooke's brother is a possibilty but he's too young I suppose.

Apparently hachiko or something is out in the cinema, I've been told I shouldn't go see it, because I'll just end up in bits.

I only cry at dog movies for some reason. I didn't cry at the notebook or my sister's keeper, but show me my dog skip or marley and me and I'll be in bits.

Look at the thread in Films about Hatchi :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Just started watching Metalocalypse, it's amazingly hilarious.

Advertisement