Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm looking forward to this. I think Olyphant is a great actor (when he's given a good role, I suppose), and I've been looking for something to fill the void since Walker Texas Ranger went off the air. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

This isn't the Steven Seagal show then? Shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Olyphant was excellent in Deadwood and if Lawman is half as good as Deadwood well then it will be a good show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

rednik wrote: »
    Olyphant was excellent in Deadwood and if Lawman is half as good as Deadwood well then it will be a good show.
    Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

New drama Justified (formerly known as Lawman), starring Timothy Olyphant will premiere sometime in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can a mod please change thread to Justified please

What Would Elmore Do?
    That's what "Justified" creator and executive producer Graham Yost asks himself and his writing team everyday as they build on crime novelist Elmore Leonard's short story "Fire in the Hole" to create the new FX series starring Timothy Olyphant.
    "Justified," premiering March 16 at 10, features Olyphant as one of Elmore's most popular characters, Raylan Givens, a deputy U.S. marshal who only shoots to kill. While "Fire in the Hole" was the guideline for the series pilot, it was on Yost's shoulders to extend Leonard's vision through the rest of the season.
    "That was the thing that was most frightening. Could I hit that same tone?" Yost told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour Sunday. "I think we're doing a good job."
    Leonard is credited as an executive producer on the series, but he says that's more of an honorary position.
    "I'm game," Leonard said. "I'm ready to come up with anything they want."
    Yost says the reasons for adapting "Fire in the Hole" as a series include the fact it's set in Kentucky, a location you don't see often on TV; Leonard's sense of character and humor; and the element of unexpected violence.
    "I like the entertainment value of the show," said Yost. "I thought it would be a change of pace for FX a little bit in that, while it's a violent show, Raylan Givens is a hero. He's a good guy, and you like him, and you're rooting for him."
    "I like the fact that [Raylan is] not a yeller," Yost added. "He just tells it like it is, and that's just the way it's going to be."
    Olyphant, whom we last saw in FX's "Damages" and previously on HBO's "Deadwood," doesn't mind being typecast as the aggressive, brooding type, though he does think Raylan is a significant departure from Seth Bullock of "Deadwood."
    "Both characters wear hats, but after that, they really start to become their own thing," Olyphant said. "I think that anyone who knows Elmore's work, there's a delicateness to it, and a tone to it, that's just so appealing to me. It's so fun."

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Done. Fixed your YT embedded vid in the OP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Really looking forward to this, Olyphant is always great value given the right role. Hoping he returns for a few episodes in Damages this season as well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'll give this a shot...

The pilot premieres this Tuesday on FX (US). Will you watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

The pilot premieres this Tuesday on FX (US). Will you watch?

Definitely. Olyphant is great (though gets pretty crappy movie gigs for the most part) and worth watching. And FX can do good dramas too (like Rescue Me). I know very little about the show other than the basic premise but will definitely check out the first few episodes as they air...

Yep, I like Olyphant alot... he was great in The Crazies.
    I'll watch the first few, definitely.

Wow!....gets a second season before the first even starts????

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/14/fxs-original-series-justified-already-a-lock-to-be-renewed/44880

Confidence for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Any idea when this is coming on over here? As in on tv?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Looks interesting and good to see some faces from The Shield popping up in it too.
    Will look forwards to seeing this.

Wow!....gets a second season before the first even starts????

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/14/fxs-original-series-justified-already-a-lock-to-be-renewed/44880

Confidence for ya!

The article doesn't say the show has been renewed - it's simply the author's opinion that the show will almost certainly be renewed. I agree with his logic that FX does not have a lot of one hour dramas left (with Nip/Tuck gone and Rescue Me entering its' final season this year) and so it makes sense to renew Justified, but it doesn't actually mention that FX has given the show a second season already... (as was the case with Spartacus on Starz).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

looks good

"Justified as a whole really delivers, from the explosive pilot to a couple of other, less adrenaline-filled but no less superb episodes that add humor and nuanced storytelling to the mix."

"This is the best new series, network or cable, of the midseason."

"Finishing each episode is like closing up a really great, gritty, little crime novel."

"Justified is one of those programs where, when you get done with the three review episodes FX sends you, you’re angry because you know FX could’ve sent more episodes if it wanted to."

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/justified

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to this. The trailer that they released a few months back looked excellent.

It's sounding better all the time - even more praise from TV.com:
    Every TV hero needs a villainous counterpoint. Which means that for a TV show to be truly great, its hero must face off against a truly great villain. And by that logic, Justified is a already a great TV show

http://www.tv.com/untitled/story/21958.html?tag=headlines;title;1

Really looking forward to watching it tomorrow now.

• Advertisement

Trailer in OP fixed (old trailer had been removed).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Mr E wrote: »
    Trailer in OP fixed (old trailer had been removed).
    Great new trailer. Only wants me to see it more now! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have been looking forward to this for some time

Timothy Olyphant back on tv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Olyphant is one of the most under-rated actors working today..

.. 'The Crazies' was probably his first real leading role in a movie, right?

First "good" leading role - he had Hitman before that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    First "good" leading role - he had Hitman before that. :)
    Oh God.. how could I forget?! :D

basquille wrote: »
    Oh God.. how could I forget?! :D

Your mind was protecting you by blocking out that painful memory :).

Just finished this. Really terrific - great performances all round.
    I hope they can keep the standard high.

I'll be watching the 720p later on, i'll post ratings as and when ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Loved the first episode. Timothy Olyphant is such an underrated actor.

Advertisement