Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What exactley is Firefly/Serenity?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i know i bought it and i have a few copes of firefly and several of serenity. Its a great show, I really hope there is a sequel and one of my friends watched it for the first time on saturday and he fell in love with it. Knowing how popular it is i bet someone at fox is mighty pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 81,596 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ah yes, another lose for FOX. Honestly, do they have any idea how to hang on to a good show?

The answer is a firm no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The original pilot ('Serenity') was never broadcast, as far as I know. Fox didn't like it, particularily the fact that Mal's character was quite dark. Also, Fox wanted Joss Whedon to record in 4:3 whereas he wanted to record in 16:9, so to prevent them from cropping the picture he got the actors to use the full frame available to them, ie stand at the outside edges of the picture. Cheeky ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

The pilot "serenity" was aired but as a two parter after the last ep "objects in Space" Which was aired as ep 10 and not 14. Was all very messy

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lexie_Karas

Just started watching Firefly at the weekend, can't believe I missed this first time round!! It's awesome. How in the name of God was it cancelled and why, oh why, hasn't some one realised the error of thier ways and tried to get it back again???

I've still 3/4 episodes left to watch before Serenity :D Still amazed that I didn't know about this show sooner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fiveyears

I must of watched each of the episodes at leat a hundred times. Serenity is the greatest film EVER. I cant belive I have never seen this site before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭alexindublin

Please tell me that there is a forum here for Firefly/Serenity. I can't believe it's been this long since any was here !!

C'mon guys, it was a great show & movie :-)

Please tell me that there is a forum here for Firefly/Serenity. I can't believe it's been this long since any was here !!

C'mon guys, it was a great show & movie :-)

It was merged into the Joss Whedon forum, sadly. Ruttin' Alliance uniformity.

LOL. Thanks Baz, poor auld Firefly, always on the move !!

Hold on a goram minute...This is the Joss forum...Isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Would Joss not consider moving to a different network? Firefly and Dollhouse (most recent Whedon show to be cancelled) are two of the best shows i've ever had the pleasure of watching, not to mention Angel/Buffy. Is it an issue of budgeting or something? I know if I were him i would be piiiiissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

melissavm wrote: »
    Would Joss not consider moving to a different network? Firefly and Dollhouse (most recent Whedon show to be cancelled) are two of the best shows i've ever had the pleasure of watching, not to mention Angel/Buffy. Is it an issue of budgeting or something? I know if I were him i would be piiiiissed.
    There was a rumour recently that he's been approached by one of the cable chanels - FX, I think.

EDIT: Linky: http://io9.com/5452485/joss-whedon-launching-a-new-show-on-fx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

melissavm wrote: »

Fox screwed him abit over Firefly, but they did good on Dollhouse, renewing it despite terrible ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I just finished watching Firefly and I have to say it is one of the greatest shows ever made! Sooo shiny :cool:. Loved every minute of it and Serenity.

I am now also one of the legions of fans disappointed that it's over though. :(

I bought these :)

d25f_serenity_keychain.jpg

baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Just started watching Firefly at the weekend, can't believe I missed this first time round!! It's awesome. How in the name of God was it cancelled and why, oh why, hasn't some one realised the error of thier ways and tried to get it back again???

I've still 3/4 episodes left to watch before Serenity :D Still amazed that I didn't know about this show sooner!

And this is the reaction of every single person I've shown even a single episode to.
    Boggles the mind how it was cancelled, the cleveland show got 3 or 4 seasons without airing, and firefly still hasn't got a new season or movie yet.

Just started watching Battlestar Galactica, and about 15 mins into the pilot I saw this:

picture.php?albumid=1612&pictureid=8880

Oh how I miss Firefly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I'm going to have to look again to see that! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

I've just starting watching the series for the first time (for shame).

My god is it good. I had always presumed it was over-hyped, because that often happens when things are taken too early.

So good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Finished Firefly last week, so good it's not even funny... Well, actually it's very funny. Saw Serenity years ago and loved it but only recently bothered to watch Firefly, really enjoyed it and am now also sickened it was cancelled.
    Watched Serenity again last night, enjoyed it again but it just makes me think of how good the whole thing could've been if they got to develop it out over more series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

I'd say I watch the box set and film at least 2/3 times a year! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

really hope this is brought back again, the best series in recent years for sure!
    i miss it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Colin4May

I watch the box set about once a year.

For real Firefly junkies there's at least one prequel graphic novel that I've read, which ain't bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

Is there a group trying to get Firefly filmed again? I know Serenity was filmed to kickstart the sceries again, but not a whole pile since. I enjoyed it. When you have to supper all of the rubbish on TV, would be good to see something that good again.

Reader1937 wrote: »
    Is there a group trying to get Firefly filmed again? I know Serenity was filmed to kickstart the sceries again, but not a whole pile since. I enjoyed it. When you have to supper all of the rubbish on TV, would be good to see something that good again.

I think Serenity was made more as a last hurrah than as a kickstart, could swear I read an interview with Joss Whedon somewhere that said as much. Also,
    not sure if they would have killed off Shepard and Wash if they were hoping for a kickstart.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

No idea what Spoiler is, but its a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

A friend of mine was kind enough to introduce me to Firefly there about 6 or 7 months ago. I instantly fell in love with it. It's a western, in space! What's not to love. The first 9 or 10 episodes were awesome. Then I had to put the last Bluray (it was spread across three of them) into the PS3, and knowing it was nearly over made the last few episodes sad. Watching them was kind of bitter-sweet really. Serenity was the best film I've seen in a long time.

You can't help but wonder how a show so beloved by everyone who has seen it was cut down in its prime. Don't worry though, if I win the Euromillions I'll see what I can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Watched on DVD many times, just got Firefly on Bluray, it makes it so shiny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement