Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Name a song you've recently discovered and would like to share thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

thegeezer wrote: »
    Played recently on CITY channel. OK for one song but could you listen to an album like that ?

The album isn't all like that. Why would you presume it is?

Another one from me, grows on ya after a couple of listens:

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Through sheer bordom I happend across this thread and I'm glad I did. I've been collecting/downloading music videos for quite a while now but rarely end up sharing any of them so here's my little contribution. The first three are relatively recent and the other two are... well little indiscretions of mine:o

Broken Bells - The High Road - Embdding was disabled

This is an old video but they're supposedly bringing out their debut album this year and they're just cool so I don't really care how old it is:p

This in no way belongs in the indie forum but without a doubt it's the best music video I've seen in a long time and I've become kinda obsessed with it. So if it's not your thing fair enough but I effing love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

heard Astronaut by Alphastates last night. heard they are breaking up. Farewell gig in whelans fairly soon. Song i really like by them is Sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jalock

the drums- let's go surfing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OsTUnkqSi4

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

jalock wrote: »

J Neary on dubcity fm has been playing this alot, think it would have been a great summer song, might get missed at the moment,

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1065656

Aidan Crowley is def worth watching on this. I really hope he gets more press this year. Also liked low mountain alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColumnLunch

Band of Horses - The End's Not Near

Arcade Fire - Cold Wind

This song only ever appeared on the Six Feet Under soundtrack but I'm open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

At work, cant link a clip.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Love the contrast. At times it sounds like my headphones are breaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 L.Whack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Trying to get into Imogen Heap, and it's going pretty well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MajorThom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0wPNow3ymc

Nice summery tune... Sung in Hebrew I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you've never checked out Mike Keneally, you owe yourself a favour. A veteran of Frank Zappa's last touring band, one of those insanely talented musicians who knows when to chill out and let the song do the talking. This is from his latest album Scambot 1:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Through sheer bordom I happend across this thread and I'm glad I did. I've been collecting/downloading music videos for quite a while now but rarely end up sharing any of them so here's my little contribution. The first three are relatively recent and the other two are... well little indiscretions of mine:o

Broken Bells - The High Road - Embdding was disabled

This is an old video but they're supposedly bringing out their debut album this year and they're just cool so I don't really care how old it is:p

This in no way belongs in the indie forum but without a doubt it's the best music video I've seen in a long time and I've become kinda obsessed with it. So if it's not your thing fair enough but I effing love it!

Love that Broken Bells song, it's quality. I'm really interested in hearing how that album turns out!!

lordgoat wrote: »
    J Neary on dubcity fm has been playing this alot, think it would have been a great summer song, might get missed at the moment,

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1065656

I was listening to an NME journalist based in New York on Phantom FM the other day and he went to see them in the Big Apple.

He was saying that their new songs are a bit darker and that the Summertime EP may not quite be the way The Drums will go.

Basically, according to him, he said if you like the ep (and 'Let's go Surfing' is a really good song), you should make the most of it cos the album could turn out to be a different sound!!

Just his opinion at the moment though!

jalock wrote: »

I was listening to an NME journalist based in New York on Phantom FM the other day and he went to see them in the Big Apple.

He was saying that their new songs are a bit darker and that the Summertime EP may not quite be the way The Drums will go.

Basically, according to him, he said if you like the ep (and 'Let's go Surfing' is a really good song), you should make the most of it cos the album could turn out to be a different sound!!

monkey9 wrote: »

yes song is up on singles of the month if anyone wants to vote for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

monkey9 wrote: »
    Love that Broken Bells song, it's quality. I'm really interested in hearing how that album turns out!!
    The album's pretty disappointing in my opinion. Really tails off after the first two songs.

• Advertisement

I don't think the Broken Bells album is that bad, i'm not too fond of the earlier songs but i think it gets better toward thr end. Ghost Inside is prob the most instantly likable song...

lordgoat wrote: »
    I don't think the Broken Bells album is that bad, i'm not too fond of the earlier songs but i think it gets better toward thr end. Ghost Inside is prob the most instantly likable song...
    any link to that Ghost inside song. Not available on You tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Great song and a great band, just ignore the stupid video. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I think this one's gonna be a hit! (in indie land at least). Cracking song. Released in a few weeks. They played Dublin last night, anyone at it? I was penniless and elsewhere unfortunately.

And yes, this tune does borrow a thing or two from The White Stripes and The Dead Weather but that's no bad thing!
    Well worth checking out their other stuff.

The best thing i found about this was the drummers footware. Awesome boots. Boring song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

Yes Cadets, Rufio is my fav but a great all round ep
    http://www.myspace.com/yescadets

• Advertisement

Big pinks new song not bad at all.

Advertisement