Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good Accountant in Waterford

Options
  • 11-02-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm looking for a good accountant to help me out starting up my own business ?

Any recommendations in the city area ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd recommend you approach the Waterford City Enterprise Boards. They'll point you on the right track and have a good track record of helping out those setting up their own business. Also, plenty of information there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'm really just looking more for advice on registering as a business, for tax, VAT, paying PRSI, what I need to keep a track of etc etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I'm really just looking more for advice on registering as a business, for tax, VAT, paying PRSI, what I need to keep a track of etc etc

Ward Walsh in Tramore is pretty good, if that helps. For the number just send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

Pat Condon next to the fire station heard hes good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Brian Flynn of Clinton Flynn is excellent - approachable, down to earth and plenty of real business experience himself. They are in Viewmount House. www.clintonflynn.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LittleBandit

Denis Breen over in Breen and Co is brilliant.

I'd have no problem recommending him if your starting up a new business. Website is www.breenandco.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Michael Walsh (Newtown) - excellent with property transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

mozattack wrote: »
    Michael Walsh (Newtown) - excellent with property transactions.
    Was he Bob Tweedy's accountant.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

Was he Bob Tweedy's accountant.:confused:

i imagine mozattack is being sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 32 emagination

We use www.walshking.ie in town... always found them good, but City or County Enterprise Board are always a good call for start-up advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

James F Wallace in Gladstone street are very good and down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone know anything about Fitzgerald Power and/or MK Brazil - I hear they are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

The advice on here about start-up advice etc. is valuable, but you don't necessarily have to go to an accountant if you just need a fairly standard company setting up - these can be done online for about €300 - and they just post you all the articles of incorporation etc.

I can give you the name of our company's accountant if you drop me a PM.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

Looking to set up a limited company.anybody else recommend a good Waterford accountant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

jimbo1979 wrote: »
    Looking to set up a limited company.anybody else recommend a good Waterford accountant

Hey man,

You don't necessarily need an accountant to just set up a company. It's quite easy to do yourself. A good starting point is your local enterprise office who can point you in the right direction.

There's a number of good accountants I have dealt with across Waterford and would highly recommend

David Breen's down in Maritana Gate or Comerford Foley out in Tramore. Neither will steer you wrong.

You will likely only need the accountant once you are set up and actively trading.

Best of luck with your venture.

Advertisement