Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price for Rotavec Corona

Options
  • 09-02-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Just wondering what lads are paying for Rotavec Corona 10ml (the anti scour vaccine).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i pay 185 for 40ml if thats any use

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Where do you get it for that price?
    Over here in the west its €200+....

cash price off my vet , i was paying 200 before this which i thought was good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭jfh

185 is a fantastic price, we paid 220 here in clare

jfh wrote: »
    185 is a fantastic price, we paid 220 here in clare

go to your vet and do a deal its unreal what you can save dry cow tubes are great value too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 D.Watson

Got ours on account without asking how much it was.
    Went to settle up 2 weeks ago and seen it was €220 per 40ml when questioned about it they dropped to €190 which resulted in €135 off the bill. Can't take anything for granted and was amazed with the ease in which they dropped the price.
    Begs the question, how much more were they making on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

Couldn't believe the price of this stuff...anybody doing better than 200 for 40ml???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

How much does each cow get?

tanko wrote: »
    How much does each cow get?
    2ml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

40ml = €110 + vat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

ye 200 euro here too:mad:

Dawggone wrote: »
    40ml = €110 + vat.

Jaysus, will ya give us supplier (or pm if prefer?) time spent on boards might pay off yet !!
    None of the online websites for farm supplies seem to have it.

Nettleman wrote: »
    Jaysus, will ya give us supplier (or pm if prefer?) time spent on boards might pay off yet !!
    None of the online websites for farm supplies seem to have it.

Sorry Nettleman but the instructions are in French.

Dawggone wrote: »
    Sorry Nettleman but the instructions are in French.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBSxAAJ_2SI

Nettleman wrote: »

:). Funny man.

I'm working out of France so it may be tricky to keep the vaccine chilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

South of euro 8.40/ hd here

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Cow Porter

Sorry if I'm wandering off title, but how long do ye feed the dams milk to the calf. Feeding milk replacer from day 3 here so don't think it will be effective enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

The antibodies will be in the colostrum only the calf must get colostrum after 3 days you will be ok. Paid 184 euro cash for 40ml rotavec corona

grassroot1 wrote: »
    The antibodies will be in the colostrum only the calf must get colostrum after 3 days you will be ok. Paid 184 euro cash for 40ml rotavec corona
    not true..... you need to feed the rc biestings for at least 2 weeks according to this http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CDMQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.msd-animal-health.co.uk%2FProducts_Public%2FRotavec%2FProduct_data_sheet.aspx&ei=DsK2VN63Nse07AbG64HgDA&usg=AFQjCNHQ7rxQRmOZScxKCupuApbZQkHNVA&bvm=bv.83640239,d.ZGU&cad=rja

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Cow Porter

Yes, have been told that if our calves do get scour after vaccination, first question from manufacturer would be did you feed the dams milk for ten days min,

• Advertisement

Cow Porter wrote: »
    Yes, have been told that if our calves do get scour after vaccination, first question from manufacturer would be did you feed the dams milk for ten days min,
    its expensive enough, would want to be doing it right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

well lads what are te thoughts on this product? seriously considering it this year, i calve from mid feb on and cows and calves are housed on straw until april 1st approx. last year over half my calves were getting scour, a greyish /white scour and sometimes yellow. they were well bedded and all calves got up and drank from the dams when born within 15 mins ,drank their fill of beastings. is this scour a "milk scour", heeard a lad tell me the other day he finds it a godsend, the amount of time spent tending scoured calves is a killer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Dickie10 wrote: »
    well lads what are te thoughts on this product? seriously considering it this year, i calve from mid feb on and cows and calves are housed on straw until april 1st approx. last year over half my calves were getting scour, a greyish /white scour and sometimes yellow. they were well bedded and all calves got up and drank from the dams when born within 15 mins ,drank their fill of beastings. is this scour a "milk scour", heeard a lad tell me the other day he finds it a godsend, the amount of time spent tending scoured calves is a killer

Go for it. It might just be the best investment you'll make.
    We found it brilliant. You'll need to get it into your cows now.

Go for it. It might just be the best investment you'll make.
    We found it brilliant. You'll need to get it into your cows now.
    yes, think its to be given a minimum of 3 weeks before calving

what price are people paying for rc this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭stanflt

whelan2 wrote: »
    what price are people paying for rc this year?

More than 8 euro a dose but way less than 9 euro

Buyers group

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

where can i buy off a vet/vetinary suppliers? i have one heifer to calve due feb 6th can i leave her out of the vaccination programme? the other cowsare feb 20th on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

It's a bit late tbh. Ideal time is 8/12 weeks before calving. You can get it at your vets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

the 20th feb onwards can still be done

• Advertisement

Dickie10 wrote: »
    where can i buy off a vet/vetinary suppliers? i have one heifer to calve due feb 6th can i leave her out of the vaccination programme? the other cowsare feb 20th on

Yes do all the other ones. Make sure calves get the treated biestings for at least 12 days after birth. It's expensive enough stuff not to be doing it right. You need a prescription for it

Advertisement