Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IDW Ongoing Comics(Stormbringer Spotlight Infiltration Escalation Devastation AHMetc.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wildman's cover for Ongoing #6:
    Transformers-Ongoing-Comic-Issue-6-Cover-B-Andrew-Wildman_1264792385.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Thats good news. Hope my copy is reserved.. If not, the second print will have to do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Nemesis Prime

Dublin City Comics will have their order in the next week or so and it will be the first print covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

good to hear.

i thought the thing sold out everywhere. got my order in the post last friday and i have to say wreckers is the best TF book out there. it really shows up whats lacking in the ongoing.

one issue and not only does the book have a good team vibe to it, i actually give more of a toss about kick off than what happend to ironhide (which i dont buy lasting more than a year, in fact im sure i saw a solicit for an ironhide mini !) . the dialogue stands out in particular , the humour contrasting nicely with the sheer brutality of the action. hell it even feels like its longer than one issue.

i hope the guys in IDW learn the lessons of this book.

make a decent TF book, and fans will come. no matter WHOs in it. :)

• Advertisement

There is an Ironhide mini in the works alright. It's set bfore the events in Ongoing as far as I'm aware.

Cover for Spotlight Prowl by E.J. Su (comic due out in April).
    Prowl_Cover_1265744705.jpg
    Looks seriously bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Galvasean wrote: »
    Looks seriously bleak.

Yeah, quite depressing looking alright. Should be good, so :D

Picked up AHM Coda, Wreckers 1, Ongoing 3 and Bumblebee 2 yesterday from Dublincitycomics. Got the lot for only €30! Man I love buying comics at fair prices :)

Only read the first few stories from Coda so far. It's a nice mix n' match of art styles and story types with some obscure cameos. Speaking of obscure cameos I flicked few acouple of pages of Wreckers and there's so many! Looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Galvasean wrote: »
    Picked up AHM Coda, Wreckers 1, Ongoing 3 and Bumblebee 2 yesterday from Dublincitycomics. Got the lot for only €30! Man I love buying comics at fair prices :)

Only read the first few stories from Coda so far. It's a nice mix n' match of art styles and story types with some obscure cameos. Speaking of obscure cameos I flicked few acouple of pages of Wreckers and there's so many! Looking forward to it.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG spoiler on the last page of wreckers 1 if you don't already know. Don't ruin it on yourself.

• Advertisement

Ooooh.... now Im all excited. *Goes off to read*
    :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Someone's already mentioned it on this thread. hope I didn't make a boo boo :D

Preview of Wreckers 2:
    transformers-comics-last-stand-of-the-wreckers-issue-2-preview-2_1266327792.jpg
    transformers-comics-last-stand-of-the-wreckers-issue-2-preview-3_1266327798.jpg
    transformers-comics-last-stand-of-the-wreckers-issue-2-preview-4_1266327803.jpg
    transformers-comics-last-stand-of-the-wreckers-issue-2-preview-5_1266327808.jpg

More preview here:
    http://tformers.com/transformers-transformers-wreckers-2-exclusive-5-page-preview-/13056/news.html
    (wont post pics this time as they may be spoilery).

Speaking of the Wreckers did anyone else spot Animated Lugnuts in the background in issue 1?

Preview of Ongoing 4 (it's basically Spotlight Thundercracker):
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/transformers-ongoing-issue-4-preview-169210/

Ironhide #1 cover (out in May):
    TFIronhide01-covB.jpg

alternate cover:
    ironhide1a_1266958519.jpg

For those of you who hated Spotlight Drift... he's getting his own spin-off:
    http://tformers.com/transformers-drift-mini-series-confirmed-as-well-as-the-nature-of-tf-animated-the-adventure-/13167/news.html

I read Ongoing 4 and it is a great read. Not much action, but the story/characters are well done.

Bumblebee 3 is a mess. The writing is so juvenille it's embarassing. Like one of the sub par Marvel comics of yesteryear.

Wreckers 2 is pretty good. It gives you plenty of background on this Overlord guy.

A character I did not expect to see in Wreckers #3
    Shockwave

Ongoing 6 cover:
    tfcomic_june_01_1269404098.jpg

Spoiler for Ongoing 7:
    http://www.comixology.com/sku/MAR100990/Transformers-Ongoing-7

Preview of Wreckers 3 (it's awesome but spoilery):
    http://issuu.com/denton.tipton/docs/tf_wreckers03_final

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just caught up on all of IDW G1 comics released since AHM ended.

Just as I was getting used to the art style, they've changed it back again.

Bumblebee was a good mini-series and fit in well with the ongoing series, but Last Stand of the Wreckers was fairly pointless and just an excuse to introduce Overlord.

I assume "Rodimus" will set out on his own mission to recover the matrix. At least that's what it seemed to be hinting towards anyway. That should be interesting.

Hopefully this Ironhide mini has a point because there's many more characters I'd rather see have a series. Same goes for Drift.

We still have to see what Galvatron and his dead universe army will do and why Metroplex flew off.

Hopefully these won't be forgotten as so far IDW have done a good job keeping continuity, even if they did leap forward a year for AHM and then another two years for ongoing.

• Advertisement

just got done reading ongoing 8 and its pretty much killed the series for me.

sorry but im out.

"jumping the shark " doesnt even come CLOSE to the gobshyttery that goes on in this issue and quite frankly i find it insulting to my intelligence that what spike does in here is considereed in ANYway plausible.

ill wait for reboot number 4 .

on plus side ironhide is shaping up nicely.

8 is out? Crap, best get down to my comic seller and pick up my stuff soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Just caught up on all of IDW G1 comics
    Hopefully these won't be forgotten as so far IDW have done a good job keeping continuity, even if they did leap forward a year for AHM and then another two years for ongoing.
    Really?

I didn't get the continuity there atall.

I felt that AHM just forgot about all that came before it.
    Things just happened for the sake of them happening at times.
    Up to that we had a glimpse of how the cons took down a planet.

And it was shaping up to be interesting then They went all I build my empire here and Lets bring everyone here "just because."
    We had been shown con who where Phase sixers but none of them came to the party. It just didn't make any sense how they went about it.

And things at the end fell apart far too quickly for my liking.

looks like im not the only one fed up with the ongoing.

ALOT of the reviewers are panning it big time and theres practially flame wars going on at IDWs site from fans laying into each other about its merrits (or lack of thereof )

i know AHM split fans but i dont remember anything being THIS bad as while people bitch and moan they never dropped the book and if were to take people at their word a fair few are doing that now.

in other news theres some new mini's in the works.

drift is due out soon and is set to feature
    lockdown and dai atlas
    . its twice a month though which surprised me with four issues in total.

also set to come out is a punch/counterpunch series. no details on who's doing it only a possible name "legacy of rust" .

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭sexitoni

Anyone tried the iphone comic app? Fairly addictive - easy to keep buying. Not the same as paper obviously but rendered very nicely all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

sexitoni wrote: »
    Anyone tried the iphone comic app? Fairly addictive - easy to keep buying. Not the same as paper obviously but rendered very nicely all the same

I have it, its OK. Not quite as good as the Marvel and DC ones, they seem to put more work into making their comics more "Phone Friendly", though their are one or two comics where IDWs app seems to have put the effort in (AHM Coda's Prowl issue, for instance). And its a lot easier to hand over 1.59 than a fiver for an issue you are not too sure if you will like...

Advertisement